You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things Happening in my Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Happening in my Apartment

 

Here in Guam, I live in an apartment with my parents. Sometimes, very strange things happen and it's as if I feel a presence with me.

Here are a few of those times:

Every night, my dad always goes outside to check on my rabbits and usually knocks on my window because he needs my bedroom light to check on them. Well, one night around 8:30, I was watching TV in my room when someone was knocking on my window. I opened it a few minutes later and no one was there. I thought maybe it was my dad and that he already went back inside since I didn't open my window right away. So I went to the living room and asked if he'd just went outside but he said he didn't! I told my mom and she hadn't been outside either! I was getting a little freaked, but I just ignored it. When I got back in my room, the knocking was there again! I opened the window as fast as I could, and no one was there at all!

Another time was when I was also watching TV alone in my room. All of a sudden, I heard a low singing voice. It was a girl's voice. I looked around and saw a girl in white sitting at the top of my bunk bed!

This one happened while I was asleep. As I woke up, I felt kind of drowsy and then I just had this strange feeling like something went inside me. I then heard voices singing and saying "Wake up!" My window was open at the time and thinking it was my neighbors, I looked outside but no one was there. Then, the thing that "entered" me left and the voices were gone too. After that, I ran out to my mom.

Here's one that happened about three days ago. I was using the computer and then, the chair just started shaking so hard! I thought there was some earthquake but as I looked around, nothing else was moving. The chair was going crazy! When I put my hands under to see what was happening, it stopped. This was in our living room and my mom was right there but she didn't even notice!

So, what do you guys think? Is there someone else in my home?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

guamflower (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
That sounds so familiar. Except in my experience the knocking was exactly at 2am one night which only started after I fell asleep (I was pregnant at the time) at 5:30 pm and got up at 2am to close my door. The following night the knocking started. Each time we opened the door there was nothing. Finally my ex blew his top and spoke our native language to get a life and stop bothering. It stopped. I though was shaking like a leaf.
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
omg I have had the exact same things with the waking up randomly feeling drowsy and something singing WAKE UP over and over again... And it gets louder and louder everytime aswell... Its so stranger!
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
thinks for telling this. We just moved in a-Apartment it has been a week now. Our pets are not the same here. We have not seen anything but things show up that we can't not find the next day it will be on the table. None of us put it there. My husband thinks we have a ghost I have never heard him say that about no home. When I read this it sounds a lot like what we got going on my son bedroom light flickers. If you would like to talk you can e-mail me at kristyjohns [at] aol.com
Jen from Guam (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
Get on the internet or ask locals about tao'tao'monas. They are legendary indigenous spirits that haunt the island. Legend says that they live in banyan trees and if you ever come across a tree, you must ask permission in the native Chamorro language before you can cross or go anywhere near the tree. I grew up on Guam and my parents house in Dededo always had strange occurences. I would hear my name being called in the wind, my sister, whom I thought was sleeping, opened her eyes and saw a creature with a pointed face, sparse hair and jagged teeth standing over her. Once, I came home from work and when I laid down on my bed, I felt a portion of the mattress behind me dip, as if someone had just sat down on the bed. A few minutes later, the mattress dipped again, this time the entire length, as if someone had just laid down.
Sounds like the spirits are just playing with you, which is a good thing. If they thought you had offended them in some way, they would make you very ill, and only local herbs can cure your ailment.
Also, after returning after several years of living in Denver, I would wake up with large bruises on the right side of my leg, but they weren't painful at all. When I described this to my sister, she said a friend had told her that it means that the spirits like you, and are watching over you. Hope this helps! If you want any more "tao'tao'mona" advice you can e-mail me at:guamjen [at] msn.com
Ghost Whisperer...not (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
WOW I bleieve you 100%! My grandma thinks my grandfather is in her house too, and so do I. Good luck with your little "friend". Let me give you some advice on how to maybe help you get rid of her, him, or it, Get a voice recorder and and just press the record button and while it is recording, ask questions to the ghost or spirit, and then play back the recording and see if you get anything. It should work. hope that helps you.!! Good Luck!! =)
clayton (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-27)
yes it sounds like you have a "friend" with you! I also have one... my grandmother! read my story
(great Grandmother)

xxxGOOD LUCKxxx
CJ (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-27)
Hey! I'm the author of this story. To Buttons4me, yes, that girl was totally freaky! Man, I want to move so badly but I've been in this place for a long time. I got "attatched" to it already. You know, this only started happening during my middle school days. This place is very freaky. Whatever that thing is, it even listens in on my phone calls. I don't know if I should try talking to it. If its friendly though, I wouldn't mind it visiting. Sometimes my mom thinks its my grandma. But I'm not so sure. And as for Kodak, the girl looked about 12 or 13 and had long black hair covering half of her face. Once, I saw a different girl standing by my door. She had short hair and was gray and black.
Tiffany (guest)
+3
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
I definitely think that there's something in your house, but remember there just ghosts. There can be many reasons as to why they're trying to get in contact with you. You have a gift to see what others can't take advantage. Maybe there crying out for help. Next time you see a ghost, talk to it. Otherwise demand that it leave your house at once, they're not welcomed. Ask God for help. If you would like to talk more about this you can find at www.myspace.com/tutinyc
Caitlin (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
OMG that is very creepy. I would get out of that house A.S.A.P. That is just weird. I wonder if that will ever happen to me?!?!?!?
kelly (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
Omg that happened to me as well. Its good to know there is someone else who has the same things happen. JUst use a weegie and tell it to leave. But my ghost took 7 days to go because it had to help me with something before it could move on xx good luck xxx
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
You should read mine "The Park House Apartment" as well... My mom's seen a little girl at that apartment, sounds just like your story! How did the little girl you saw look like? I'm curious.
Buttons4me (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
That is spooky, are you scared. I get scared just thinking about whats happened to me, read my stories and see what you think. The girl on the bunk is real spooky, was she scary looking?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: