You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demon at My Work Place

Real Ghost Stories

Demon at My Work Place

 

To understand this story you would have needed to read my last one as I explain in it that I can see spirits and now I have just found out I can see much darker things also. I guess I should also explain that only the women in my family on my mother's side have this gift and the men can only sense them.

I work part time in a restaurant near my home. One morning I was on cleaning duty at this place which starts at 9am and I had to clean the whole restaurant. I was told by a girl that works there that the Gent's toilets is haunted so I thought no big deal I'm used to this kind of thing.

I happily go into the Gent's toilets and begin to clean the mirrors in the toilets. I suddenly hear the toilet door behind me slam against the wall. I turn around and say. "Please do not do this to me, I just want to clean in here s can you leave me in peace..." I went back to the mirrors and suddenly the room got even colder.

I turn around a little annoyed and speak to it again. "Stop this now. That is an order, go stand in the corner..." I tell it and turn back around.

Suddenly all the taps are pressed down and the toilets flush. I sigh and turn around again and talk to it. "Look this isn't going to scare me so behave..." .

As I stand there a dark shadow appears in the corner of the toilets and I stand there watching it trying to keep calm. I hear this strange hissing like noise and the doors of the toilets started smashing against the wall like something out of a horror film and I suddenly feel this pressure on my neck.

I felt like I couldn't breathe so I stood there and pleaded for it to leave me alone, I asked for whatever forces of light that could protect me to do so and the thing released its grip and vanished.

I calmly walked out of the bathroom and started crying in front of my boss. Some people from the restaurant went in there to see if they could see anything but couldn't.

I got a cup of coffee and was sent home soon after. I have left my job because every time I went into the restaurant I kept feeling like I was being watched and I kept feeling tickling sensations around my throat.

I have been looking at other stories on this website and come to think that it may have just been a demon I'm not to sure what it was.

Other hauntings by Harbringer_of_Doom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Harbringer_of_Doom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Excellent story, very well written.
Sounds like a poltergeist.

Qt
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
First of all, I'm glad you were able to walk away without to much of an impact. As for this haunting, I personally wouldn't call it a demon. I think is was a spirit and a negative / evil one at that. I also think that it didn't like the fact that you weren't scared easily compared to the others that used the washroom. It didn't like that fact that you were strong so it brought scaring you to a new level. Personally, these kinds of spirits are difficult to cross over and nobody would ask you to do it. In fact, I'm glad that you left when you did, there is always other jobs out there but you only have one life and that doesn't need to jeopardized by a bad spirit. But, like FlyingFancy mentioned, it would nice to learn about the history of the place.
TigFewton (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Sorry, but in your case...Demon: 1 You: 0 Yet another victory on the side of evil. With your ability to see to another plane of existence, you should be banishing these ungodly creatures back to the pits of hell from whence they came. Of course, easier said than done. You have been given this gift (curse) and I'm sure you could be doing many good deeds in the Lord Jesus Christ's name. Just a thought. DON'T LET IT GO TO WASTE! I beg of you!
Harbringer_of_Doom (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Thanks very much for the comments everyone! These has to have been the most scariest thing that as ever happened to me appart from the two little girls in my bedroom.
That is creepy, they just stand in the corner and stare, kind of off putting for me and my boyfriend, whom I live with.
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
I reckon it might of been a demon since it was a dark shadow, some spirits can be dark but occasionally, demons thrive on fear and can sense if you are in fear so that's good that you told it you weren't scared. I may have had experiences with a demon twice in my stories because they were dark but not entirely sure because they did not try to harm me. I hoped I could have helped a bit, I know abit about demons but not what to do with them, anyway good luck and hope you feel better.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
Wow this is a scary story. Ity sounds like this spirit was not a good person. Very scary. I liked reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
sinnocent (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
In the UK, mirrors are in the toilets!?
That's pretty scary.
:)

Wow, what a tremendous experience!
WOW!
Please, keep sharing your stories!

Cheers, to your Good Health and New Job!
FlyingFancy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
At least you don't work there anymore! 😨 Good thing it let go, who knows what could have happened if you let it contiue what it was doing? I would try to learn the history of the place, see if anything happened! God bless! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: