You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Drip Drop Drip Drop

Real Ghost Stories

Drip Drop Drip Drop

 

The month was May and we had May showers. So it was pouring rain and our whole city got up to 6 inches of rain.

It was getting late and I was putting on my pajamas and about to go up and brush my teeth when I heard something. Since it was raining I guess that it was perfectly normal to have some leaks in your ceiling. But this got me concerned because I heard loud noises like Drip Drop Drip Drop. I checked all over before I headed for the hay to see if I could find any water on the ground-nothing. I looked all over the house, in the attic, and found nothing. So I went to sleep.

But right before I actually went to sleep my eyes were closed but I was thinking about a lot of stuff in my head so I couldn't quite sleep yet. So as I was lying down in my bed, I started hearing the Drip Drop sound again. It seemed like it was not far from my room at all. So I got up and looked around the hallway where my bedroom is at.-nothing. I went to my bed and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and got dressed. As I picked out my clothes, I felt like I was being watched. It's hard to live in an old house alone without having the feeling like you are not alone. But I got dressed and then headed down for the kitchen for breakfast. As I came down the stairs I noticed footsteps. But these weren't footsteps that were clear. They sounded like someone had water on their shoe and walked inside the house which made me feel like someone was in my house.

As it started getting dark the rain came in again. I went to every room and every door and locked up everything just to make sure that won't happen again. After everything was locked I hopped into my pajamas and headed for bed. As my eyes were closed I heard that Drip Drop sound again. This only lasted a few minutes. I got so mad that I yelled "Stop!"

In the morning I awoke to find the wet footsteps again. But this time they were at my door. And they looked fresh. I didn't feel like having breakfast at my house this morning so I went out to get a coffee. As I came back I went to go see if the footsteps were still there. They were surprisingly gone. The whole rest of the day I went about with a rag and looked for wetness around my house.

This wet feet thing stopped after about a month. Every night I would yell out for the Drip Drop sounds to go away and they would. And then one day they just didn't even come. And the wet footsteps were gone too. I got better nights of sleep and I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

Other hauntings by Mickey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mickey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

keltlass (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Hello,

I just posted a story of somewhat similar occurences happening to me and it linked your story.

Has it ever happened again?

I see this was a couple of years ago. I'm going to try yelling Stop and see what happens,, but I'm really starting to become anxious about this.

Thanks for sharing your story.
AnonymousUser13 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hmm...
Creepy. Has anyone you were close to died?
The footprints and dripping noises did stop after you told them to. Or it could've just been an obiedient ghost.
You must've been scared to death! I've had so many freak outs over just my house shifting or making noises. I don't usually handle my ghost experiences very well! 😕
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi again Mickey.

Could it be that whatever was under your sink is what plays with the water? If that's the case, I see that it's manifesting in different forms to see what attracts your attention more.

I mean it begins by closing the drawers, then turns into slime, then it continues as drops of water and finally appears as footsteps.

There's something going on there.
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Thank you for shareing your story with us Micky. Well I think that this was a spirit, because when you lock up the house how can someone get in. It sounds a bit scary but atleast it all stopped in the end. I hope I hear from you soon.

God Bless 😁 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
well its sounds like someone or something popped by for a visit. I believe how scary it felt like. Good thing the spirit decided to leave. Thanks for sharring another great story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: