You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lovely Piano

Real Ghost Stories

The Lovely Piano

 

When I was around 11, I started to really like old-time classic music. So I really wanted to go to a friend's house, Joel's house, because he played classic music on his piano. I was really happy to hear my Mom say I could. So I got on my bike and started to go over there.

When I finally got there Joel let me in, went over to his piano, and played. He played for around 15 minutes then took a break. Joel was in his bedroom and me in the kitchen trying to find something to eat, when I heard a piano playing. I thought it was Joel because it was coming from the living room (where the piano was).

When I heard the piano I went into the living room and I saw 2 men. One guy playing the piano who looked around15 yrs old (he was VERY handsome) and another guy on the floor who was just listening- he looked around 20. I thought he might have been family of Joel. "You're very good" is the only thing I said. The piano guy took a quick look at me( he had blue eyes with black hair), and turned his head over to the stairs. Joel was walking down.

I ran over to the stairs, looked at Joel and pointed at the 2 men and said "Your family is really good!" But when I turned my head I saw no one. The 2 men were gone. I asked him if he heard the piano playing and he replied with a no which confused me. I asked him if he had family over. Again, he said no. I asked him if he knew a guy with black hair and blue eyes. Surprisingly, he said yes. He said it was an ancestor that died long ago. I was surprised, he actually knew his ancestors. I knew none of mine but Joel said his name was Nicholas.

I was really happy I got to meet Nicholas but I don't know why I could see and hear him and Joel couldn't hear him. And I don't know why Nicholas and the other man left. But I was happy I got to listen to their music because the piano sounded wonderful.

I'm grateful for that day. I don't know why exactly, but I am. I always wish I could listen to Nicholas' piano playing again. I know that sounds VERY weird, but it's true. It sounded much different then what you hear nowadays. Whenever I go to Joel's house I can still sense someone there. I have yet to see Nicholas again, but I wish I could listen to his music one more time or at least Joel play more music like that.

Other hauntings by GhostGal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
Just want to say that my dear friend you are god gifted 😁

God bless you ❤
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
dukemanistan,

That is what I'm curious about, too. I don't know why I could only see him. I was just in the kitchen trying to find stuff to eat then I heard the piano playing, I went out to look and it was him. Along with another guy, a guy of who I do not know. He seriously just vanished. Its annoying because I want to know why I could only hear him and I want to ask Nicholas that. Pooey for me... Hahaha

I, too, wonder why he hasn't reapeared. Confusing. Oh so confusing...

Remember, it's your choice to believe it or not. I, myself, know I saw him. But since there's no proof t show you, I understand if you don't believe. And it's your choice. I ain't going to force you to believe me.

~Gejro
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
I am curious why nicholas revealed himself to you, or was it something about the timing that he appeared and you simply happened to be there.

Strange that he wasn't a recurring apparition and yet appeared so long after his own time.

I am not doubting you, just a couple pieces of the puzzle which I think would be interesting to find out.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Ohiowatcha,

I'm sorry. I DID write the story with little detail. I forgot to explain more. FOrgive me for my poorly written story 😭 but in real life I explained better. And I kind of guessed the age of Nicholas and what time he was alive and described his clothes and his facial looks abit but he said not a lot of people in his family played the piano back then.

Bellissma,

I'm only 13. And like I said. I described better. And I aint sure if I said he was 11 in the story. Becuase he is 2 years older then me. So he'd be like, 15 right now. And I explained better in real life. I just wrote this story poorly. I forgot to give better detail. But his family do tend to talk about their past ancesters because they always come up with such great tales!
What do you mean creative aurthor (if I even spelt that right) 😆 but it IS your choice to believe it or not. I, myself, know I saw Nicholas. But it's your choice to believe it or not. I aint going to force it on you.
Thanks for both of your opinions!

~Gejro❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
I have to agree with Ohiowatha. I haven't heard of many, or any, 11 year old boys who know what ancestors are, nevermind who they are. Then to be able to tell you, right off the top of his 11 year old head, the name of that long dead ancestor? Just by a description given by an 11 year old someone who had seen the relative for only a few minutes?Well, that's just this side of amazing. Based on certain aspects of your writing style and the age you are in this and previous stories, I have the idea that you are still quite young. If this is the case, you are a very creative author. Even though I can't say I believe this story, I really enjoyed reading it.Thanks.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
This raises red flags to me, but, to refrain from brutality, I'm going to limn just one here:

The description of "black hair" and "blue eyes" is not enough to make someone just jump to the very, very convenient conclusion that the apparition was a deceased family member by the name of Nicholas. I'm sorry, but nobody's just going to make that perfect of a connection based on such vague details as the most common hair color on Earth paired with blue eyes.

Perhaps the story is just written with too little detail to accurately reflect this experience, but I personally do not believe it. Thanks.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
ChrisB,

Well... I described him a bit better in real life. This is what Nicholas looked like. I just did describe him well in the story, haha.
Nicholas: Black hair pulled back. Blue eyes with black around them (looked like makeup) he wore black clothing that looked like clothes from well... Quite awhile back, haha. I forgot to describe what the other guy looked like! EEK! I don't know his name. But he, too, had black hair. He wore brownish-whitish clothes, also, from back-then-times. He never looked at me, so I can't tell you what he looks like. Haha.

Oh my God! It surprised me when I turned around and they weren't there! My eyes widened so much. Ha! And when I found out he was a ghost, whoa, freaked. What was going though my mind when I found ou he was a ghost was: "Ohmegosh! I just saw a ghost up close... And he looked at me! But hey, he was cute..." I know, weird. I make it sound like I have a crush on a ghost. XD hahaha. How weird you think that is!?
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Rebelboy1987,

Haha. I don't even know my great grandparents from my daddy's side. But he says that they're German. And my Great Grandfarther form me mum's side died awhile back. So I don't know him either, hahaha.

Sucks that the storie won't show up. What's the name of it? I'll keep a lookout for it!

~Gejro~
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi Ghostgal. I liked this story. I would like to have seen the look on your face when you turned around and they were gone.Wow!How did your friend know you were talking about Nicholas? When you described Nicholas to your friend why would he mention a dead relative? Maybe some other things were going on. I hpe to hear from you soon and take care
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Thats a little odd that they know that, and have never seen him. My family is more like yours. We don't know TOO much about our past ancestors. I know up to my great grandparents and that's about it. Haha

I wrote it in word with spell check. And read it over twice. I'm pretty sure everything is in order. I really don't know what's takin so long
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Rebelboy1987,

Man, I'm so happy you liked it! I forgot to mention in the story that he has never seen Nicholas. But his family really enjoys knowing about their pass. So they easily knew him.

Hmmmm. Dunno. Do you spell well? If it ain't good spelling, it might take awhile. Haha.

Thanks for the opinion!

~Gejro[heart]
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
That really is a neat story. I haven't ever seen a ghost that clearly before. Very cool how he knew exactly who it was. Has he ever seen him before?

And I wonder why my story hasn't been posted yet... I submitted it around 2pm yesterday, and it still isn't up. I only mention it cause I see all these other ones written from yesterday. I guess it'll be up soon. You should definately take a look at it though. I'm going to need as much help as possible!

Trent
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Mickey,

Well... That actually sounds a bit creepy, hahaha. But I swear, this guy was hansom! He didn't walk through the wall or anything. But he just disspeared. I want to see him again. 😭 So weird. I read the story actually, and I wrote it making it sound like I had a crush and a ghost. Hahaha!

~Gejro
Mickey (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
That is very interesting story.

I remember going to a motel a long time ago and I saw this beautiful woman playing the piano and as I went to walk towards her to tell her that she plays good, she walked straight through the wall.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: