You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Angel Watching Over Us

Real Ghost Stories

Angel Watching Over Us

 

About 5 years ago I was in a very difficult marriage. My ex husband was mentally and physically abusive, mostly to me, but on occasion to our young daughter. He was an alcoholic and would often go into these fits of rage and throw things and display very scary behavior.

I was raised in a solid Christian home and I really felt a lot of evil in my ex husband. So one night when he left for the bar I immediately grabbed my anointing oils and I began praying and anointing every doorway and window, making sure to cover my daughter's doorway inside and out. While she would sleep, I would anoint her bed and her and pray that no evil could harm her.

We lived in this house for 5 years and after that incident of anointing when my ex husband would go into his fits he could not enter my daughter's room, at all.

There was a night it was VERY late, my ex was out drinking, my daughter was sleeping in her room with the door closed and I was sitting on the couch at the end of our hallway. I caught something out of the corner of my eye. Thinking I was just paranoid as I often was because of the abuse I quickly looked to see what was there. At the end of the hallway which was probably 25 feet from me, it was a small home, I saw very vividly a young child all in white with a BRIGHT light all around it. He looked right at me and I was overcome with a total peace. He started walking towards my daughter's room. I walked down the hall and he was gone.

The next day my daughter woke up and was so happy and calm she stated there was an angel in her room and he said we would be OK. She said that he held her hand and hugged her.

A couple weeks later I left my ex husband and took my daughter. We moved into our own apartment and I again anointed every window and every door. After our first night there my daughter woke up and said Mom our angel is back, he was in my room again last night. I have seen him several more times prior to meeting and marrying my husband. I hope that he still knows that his presence is always appreciated.

Other hauntings by Becky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Becky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chandler13 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
to becky:i haven't posted a story yet but I hope I have a angel to because I woke up one night tossing and turning and as I was tossing I squinted and glanced up for a few seconds and from what I saw it it look like a older ladie wearing a white poofie dress with poofie sleeves and skinny waist. It was for a split second then I closed my eyes and it was the only time I have seen this lady at all ever since...
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
could be a bad spirit, like a demon or so, that took over your ex making him drink and being abusive.

The anointing could prevent the thing from going into the room.

Im no expert, but that is what my feeling is saying.

And offcourse the little child might be a little angel.
UnlimitedLove (2 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
This story made me cry! ❤ God is so present but we don't understand that sometimes. "Spirits", "dead people that can't pass away to heaven were they belong"... That's pure rubbish. All these attacks and spirits from the other side are from Satan, from the dark side. They appear in the shape of relatives to make us fascinated. There is a battle between good and evil going on in this moment and we all must make a decision, which side are we on? I'm glad I'm not "fascinated" and pulled towards the "spiritual, dark, magical side", I'm on God's side and I fear no evil!:)

Uhm, this comment went a little off topic but I adore your story, haha:) God bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Becky sorry. I just realised you have a daughter not a son. I must have confused that with the boy's apparition.

Sorry again 😊
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
phantomcam - isn't it nice to know that something is watching over us. Glad you had something similar, it is something I wish for everyone.
phantomcam (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
Hi I loved your story... I too had something similar happen... But my family is not christian... One night I saw this little girl in a white gown walk past my hallway ever since I have seen her as my own personal gaurdian angel 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Becky,
I am so glad you were able to remove your child and your self from such a horrible situation. That took a lot of strength and courage.

I do believe that the boy helped both your daughter and you. By you knowing your daughter was safe, it brought much peace to you and gave you additional strength at the time you needed it most.

God Bless!
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Becky, I just want to say that was wonderful and brave. Its good to know you have an angel watching over you. Good luck! ❤
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Thank you very much to all of you. I still feel that even though my life did a 180 from that time, that my angel boy is still there. My daughter still talks about him from time to time. If I have any more stories to share about him I will for sure share.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi Becky. Its so nice to hear from youy again. I am sorry that you had to go through all of this and this is way to hard for me to understand. It is sad to hear that you went through all of this. Its a good thing that it is over. I am very happy for you that an angel came to protect you and your daughter. It is a ggod thing this angel reminded you of the situation at home. I think you did the best thing. You believed in god in hard times and that is very rare. Feel free to be proud of yourself. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ungoodatgames (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
haha I no good at talking but still congratulations for getting away from 'it'
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi
What a beautiful story.
Im so sorry to hear about your past relationship but am very happy that you and your daughter got away from it.
It brings hope to us all that there are angels looking after us.
K
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi Becky and thank you so much for sharing this particular story with us since I understand it might have been difficult.

I'm,first of all, glad that you managed to get both your son and yourself out of that marriage. Sometimes we seem to make the wrong choices in life and sometimes we learn to live with them but to impose our own mistakes on our children is unfair to put it mildly. I think you deserve much more in life, both of you!

I agree with you that this "little boy" functioned as deterrent from further abuse but also as the driving power behind your resistence. It reminded you that you were not alone, that there was a higher- benevolent power and in believing that, you found the courage needed to pursue a happier and safer life for you and your son.

Whoever that little boy is, he was there for a purpose and he is well aware of your gratitude for the protection he has offered!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: