You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghost In The Stockroom

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In The Stockroom

 

Hello, my name is Gladys. I am a recently retired worker in a large retail store. My story happened in that store. Back in the morning of Sept. 6, 1999 I went to take my break in the stores own cafeteria, the person who attended me was a really nice man named Bobby, a man everyone liked and respected as a co-worker.

I paid bobby with a five dollar bill and he gave me change for a $20. I pointed out the mistake and we both laughed as he said "Do you see what happens when you drink to much? 20 minutes later I heard a desperate page from the garden shop to management to immediately come. Bobby killed himself! Due to marriage problems bobby was gone.

About a month later strange things started happening. Here's one example: The store had a night stocking crew and a new worker had followed a man from the cafe stockroom out onto the sales floor telling the "man" the store was closed. The man turned and said he worked there only to disappear in front of his eyes! Needless to say the stock man quit the next morning. He was at the front door first to leave!

There has been more sightings of bobby, mostly in the night. No one is frightened due to how much of a nice man and co-worker bobby really was. This is my true ghost story.

Other hauntings by 2beauty

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 2beauty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FraulineLecker (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
hehe Tammymom your funny! Unfortunately dreamergal72 is not really on the same page!

Anyways this is really a great story but sad because... Somebody like Bobby died in there and choose to stay with his friends and co-workers...He must be in a really bad situation that he decided to take his own life

You should have ask the new worker " Do you see what happens when you drink too much!?

Hehe just kidding 😆

Anyways thanks for this! Looking forward to reading more stories from you!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Yes, it is a sad story. Suicide is undescribable if you've never came to the point in your life where you seriously consider it. I guess he was just happy working there. Probably the only joy he felt he still had was from what he got from fellow workers and customers.
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
dreamergal72, Are we on the same page? Did I miss something? Who's Dave?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hello that is sad about dave and they all right that he need go to the light and be with the lord so he can be rest and peace I am sure god forgiven him for what he did to himself.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Wow I realy liked reading it. I believe that Bobby must have been a good man. I bet he liked you all very much and decided to stay. I hope he could have crossed over. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon an dtake care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Very sad story. I do hope that eventually he will move on to the other side. I am saying some prayers for Bobby to cross over and be with our Lord.

It must have been a very sad and desperate state he was in to take his life in such a manner.

Thanks for sharing your tribute with us!

God Bless!
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
2beauty thanks for sharing this story. It proves that ghosts are real and can be very solid and physical. I am sorry for Bobbys end and his unrest and I know this must really sadden you also. As a person who had close contact with Bobby maybe you can let him know that he doesn't have to continue in his suffering and that he deserves to have peace and rest now. ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Well, I should have read the previous comments. I apologise to Tonith for echoeing his opinion.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Hi 2beauty and thank you for sharing your story with us.

What saddens me mostly in your story is that Bobby came back to haunt the place he worked at which was obviously the only place he felt at home. Maybe he's afraid to cross as no one can really be sure what awaits them beyond the "light". We are taught that suicide is a sin which deprives us from ever entering Heaven. I wonder if that is what Bobby fears to face-if this is the reason he's entrapped in a world he is no longer part of.
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
I think Tonith is onto something with him being afraid to move forward, I think there may also be an element of shame over what he did. I think maybe you should tell him it's okay, and he doesn't have to be ashamed or afraid anymore.
2beauty (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Yeah, crazy and sad story. I just hope God has mercy of his soul and he can rest in peace. Thanks for your comments
Darklight (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
An interesting story, and I agree with Tonith.
He was probably drinking to help him get away form his problems when it only made them get worse. = (
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Wow. One never knows what is going on with people and the battles they face every day. Sounds like Bobby is still at the store which makes sense considering he took his life there. Hopefully someone will have enough spiritual savvy to tell him it's time to go to the Light. Suicides tend to hang around where they did the deed because they are afraid of moving forward because of what they did. We don't have a God of wrath but of LOVE. We do our own damage to ourselves He doesn't have to. He is the one waiting to help not hurt.
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
That's a crazy story, thanks for taking the time to put in up in here. Sorry to hear that you just had spoken with him before he had taken his life, it's sad. It's really hard to tell how people are feeling at times.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: