You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw my Dead Grandpa!

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw my Dead Grandpa!

 

It was late at night February 4th, 2001. My grandpa had been very sick lately, so we put him in the hospital. That night, I could not fall asleep, for I was worried for my poor grandpa. But then, I heard a loud banging coming from under my bed. Like any kid, I just laid in bed with the blankets over my head. I finally fell asleep and had a dream I was drowning. The only thing I saw while I was drowning was a figure coming from the sky. It got closer and closer and it looked more and more like my grandpa! He picked me up and let me out of the water and told me to be strong, but I didn't know what he was talking about. He said I have to help take care of my mom and other family members.

I woke up in fright, not knowing what was going on. I looked on the other side of the bed and there was my grandpa smiling at me and stroking my hair. Kissing me good night, he softly said he loves me and that I have to stay away from a guy name Max Gibbison. He than faded away. Early that morning, I heard mom crying, saying grandpa died that night at 11:48pm!

I will never forget my grandpa.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
sorry to hear about your granddad but it nice he said bye to you
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
did you know Max, or ever find out who he is? Its good that he visited, but strange message
whitefang557 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
😐 the some sort of happened to me too
I was 10 at the time and I saw my grandpa in my kitchen wwen I was in bed 😐
BabyVandZaccy1724199 (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
😕 ❤ 😳 that must have been scary for you!
that happened to me t! (but now the he was right next to me) and my papa died liker 2 more hours after yuor died!)
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
wow there is no better word to explain how I feel about that story. Truely wow 😜
ariokage (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
wow, I too lost my grandpa, I hope hell visit me... Who was max? And did you tell your mommy abiut your encounter? My grandpa also died in the hospital late at night hey! Did anyone else in your family havea dream like that?
windsong (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
I think Amanda has a right to her faith, but I think people have a right to their experiences. What you saw is what you saw. It's not like the people that write on this site (for the most part) are trying to recruit anybody (make everyone believe in ghosts), so she shouldn't be trying to put everyone down and make everyone believe that ghosts don't exist.

Maybe she shouldn't be on this site...

Anyway, it's an amazing thing to have a family member return. It has never happened to me, since I'm young. My grandpa died before I was born, but none of my other grandparents or any other close family members have died yet.
Whoever Max Gibbison is, you'll probably find out in the future.

Have you seen your grandpa since?
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Sorry Abby, absolute sarcasm intended in my first post. I didn't really have a comment on the story, I just couldn't believe how nasty Amanda was, pretty high and mighty, I thought.Yes, I did notice she didn't come back to plea her case. I figured she must have a pretty low opinion of us, as believers, to actually come on here and trash what we are sharing. Why would she even come to this site at all? I definitely don't feel like I'm slumming either nor am I a heathen! Sorry to all if I've offended, no sarcasm there.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Dear Bellissima,

Hey, speak for yourself I am not a heathen nor am I slumming here. I only travel with the ghostly best, cast of hauntingly great characters here. 😜 Only joking.

Though thanks for addressing this story. Looks like I neglected it, but I also see that the author Katrina never did come back to comment on her story or reply to comments left, especially since her story was posted on 02-26-2007. Well, it also looks like Amanda did not return to debate either. 😉

Maybe Katrina didn't stay away from Max Gibbison and he showed up. Wonder if he is related to Mel Gibbison. 😉

Where have all the posters gone long time ago.--Abby not a heathen slumming, ha, ha!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Boy, Amanda, you're a real sourpuss! I was wondering what a nice religious girl like yourself would be doing slumming with all us heathens anyway?
Unicorn (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
First off, I really don't understand why a demon would have comforted Katrina after her Grandfather died. 😕 Amanda, maybe you shouldn't read these ghost stories at all if they offend you so much. That sounds like the "Christian" thing to do...

Katrina - My aunt was in a very deep depression after her first husband died. She told us that one morning, she woke up, and he was sitting on the end of her bed. He told her that it would be ok.
After that, she went on to have a child and get remarried. She has a family and a happy life, and I know he would be happy for her.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-04-05)
I've been a firm believer in the paranormal for as long as I can remember. My parents believe in spirits and we've all had at least one experience. I'm used to skeptics and their cold opinions. Which is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just feel it's wrong to attack someone's experience (especially about a passed away loved one) and call people stupid for saying things they themselves do not believe in. There's certain ways to say things and Amanda could have gone a different way. But she didn't, so let's not attack her. It won't make us feel any better.

Katrina, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather passing away. It's hard, but with his visit, at least you know he's watching over you. I agree with everyone else, look up that Max Gibbison and see what his story is. Take your grandfather's advice to heart!
cody ellis kieran (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
that story was great but weird because he said not to talk to a boy called max gibbison and died that night
Bex. (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
I had a similar experience, but I was awake, and my grandpa was sat on the end of my bed, I was 8, he's been dead since I was 4...
sarah (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
who was Max Gibbison and why was he to be avoided? Was he your moms boyfriednd??
albino ape (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
Who is Max Gibbison?? What time was your "Grandpa" there that night??? Why was max to be avoided?
Ashley Marie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Yeah... I see why everyone is getting on Amanda's case. Amanda, you might have not seen one of your family members but you dont know if they can come back or not. Beliefs and facts are two very different things. You are very religious and thats fine, other people aren't into the same things you are into. I dont believe the stories in the bible.. and I dont believe in ghosts either, only because I haven't seen them myself... but if other people have, then shiiit. let them think what they want. I dont think she would really make this up.



Katrina did you ever look up who that Max guy might be?? that would be cool.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Amanda is entitled to her oppion. She is young for one thing, two she has probably never experienced anything paranormal in her life. I have done a number of hunts around the extremely religious and they all claim the same thing, that it must be a demon we are seeing or hearing. They can't or won't except the fact that there are things out there that just can't be explained by religion or science. Janice and Martin thank you both for standing up for me, I think more people should read the posting guidelines. I have a thick skin and I am use to being called all kinds of things. I take what the non-believers say with a grain of salt.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Amanda, we have a policy against religious conservatives going overboard or proselytizing, you can read it in our comments guidelines, so please take a good breath and tone it down a little, especially the abusive part. This is not christian church, it's for all people of all cultures.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Amanda, quit being mean!!! Spirits do exist and they do come to visit you after they die, so quit bickering and if you believe that, keep it to your damn self!!!! I know that people have different beliefs but you don't have to insulting people about it!!! You don't seem very christian talking like that to other people and if you believe different, there is no need to say it in a way, or if you are gonna post something so mean, don't even post a comment AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! noone should be treated with such cruelty, you really don't know how to respect and you are assuming that it will never happen, well you know what?...... IT COULD HAPPEN, and if you can't deal with that, don't bother to even read any of these stories, only you will believe that there arn't spirits. DO NOT be saying that what Shane said was stupid, he's smart and know's what he's talking about, he's not mean and doesn't disrespect!!! So don't be mean
Amanda (guest)
-2
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Listen up,
Your grandpa, or even your family member cannot come and see you after they have died. I am very religious, and I am totally offended when people say they see there dead family members, or ghost. They cannot come back to you after they die, I know it must be coforting to know that they would love you enough to come and see you, but IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! I can tell you now, they will either go to heaven or go to hell, THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN!!!! It might have been a demon, or an angel. Good luck with whatever it was. I hope that you are saved, and a Christian. If you are, you will see your grandpa again. You will meet him at the Pearly Gates!! I hope to see you there. Oh and Shane, THEY WON"T COME BACK. IT IS SO STUPID TO SAY THAT.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
They say that our loved ones often visit us once they have passed on to help us with our grieving. This is what may have happened to you. Just know that your grandpa loved you very much and that he is now in a better place and is no longer suffering.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
Touching story, Katrina, have you ever figured who was Max Gibbison and why was he to be avoided?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: