You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadows Move

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows Move

 

This is my first posting. My name is Louis, I am 19 and I live in England, in the south east of London, I won't specify too much.

I live in a new house, well we bought it when it was just land and watched it being built week by week, so I don't think there is nothing to associate with people dieing in the house, or in the area.

Some nights I would be just sitting in my living room, watching television, as most people my age do... I would see something move quickly in the corner of my eye, too large to be cat, and far too distinguished in shape to be the television casting shadows.

I see this often when down stairs alone, As if it waits for me to be vulnerable, they are always in the shape of what I would imagine a man in a cape and hood would look like but I only she his/hers/Its shadow, if you understand.

But it doesn't move like a human would, it glides, it looks like the shadow is traveling on 90 degree angle, leaning forward. Like on a cartoon when they would start running, Like Shaggy, from Scooby Doo for example.

I also get the chills and become cold, some nights I have heard breathing, that sounds like a man who has just ran a mile but trying not to sound tired, trying to sound silent but failing.

After seeing and hearing this I always retire to bed, sprinting up the stairs for dear live, I always have the feeling I'm being followed or watched when I climb my stairs. I don't know why, but I only feel it in my house.

When I get into bed I feel slightly more comfortable, at ease than anything, I do not know why, it like your bed is your sanctuary, nothing can harm you.

Thanks for reading; could anyone tell me what it might be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SiLeNt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

christinelomas76 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I have had many a similar experience, especially relating to your 'scooby doo' style glyde moves around the room - I ran through mine, not seen that particular one since but it is still around me for sure, and at the end of the day if it wanted to hurt me after that, it would have. Try running through it - it scared the hell out of me, but I think I told it whom was boss!
Good post, good luck 😐
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-12)
Hello Silent, I have to wonder why this spirit guy is out of breath and trying to keep quiet. Maybe he comes to you from some other location? Or perhaps he is reliving somebody persuing him? Who knows, that is creepy. My daughter used to have frequent glances of shadow people, whatever they are. She was three when she started talking about this. She called them 'shadow guys' before I had even heard of shadow ghosts and it was always frightening for her. There where other non frightening paranormal things but those guys were bad news. Please tell me if you learn anything new about this, and stay safe.
SiLeNt (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
I saw it, GOOD AND PROPER! I can't expalain what I saw, Its was the first time I have seen it in front of me... Just A person shaped shadow, which I could smell... It was hoorible, there's no smell similar enough to compare.
I felt threatend, nothing idicated it would hurt me, I just felt it didn't like the sight of me.
What should I do, I spent the rest of last night around my GFs house... Trying to get my head around it... Sugestions please guys!
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
You haven't been on SiLeNt. You might not remember me but we got into that little arguement over that one story" Strange Attacks". Sorry about that. Well back to reality, Um the shadow seems to be vague but have you read anything about the property's history it sorta sounds like a monk or something. But hope you talk back, keep me posted. 😉 ❤ 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I have to agree with rhodes here. If this spirit wanted to hurt you, you would know about it. I honestly think he ment no harm. I liked reading your story. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
SiLeNt (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Rhodes,

Could you explain the shadow ghost thing to me? How are they different to other ghosts? Are they only shadows?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Hi again Silent and thanks for coming back.

I personally don't think you've got an evil spirit at home;there are no indications for such an assumption. I tend to believe that if it meant harm, it would have done harm so don't go scaring yourself.

It does sound though as if someone's trapped. Keep us posted if anything else happens but keep calm. You don't even know if you will encounter it again. Time will tell. 😊
SiLeNt (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Thanks for your interest guys, it means alot.

Yeah I make a lot of people laugh with the whole british-english thing rhodes, I don't know why, I take it seriously, LOL!

Well thanks for scarying me to death guys, evil spirits in my house, blessings, preists!

Is there no chance it could be a good spirit or something?, and why do you think I only ever see this while I'm alone? I feel targeted no one else in the house has said anything.

I have heard of shadow ghosts, what are they?

Once again, thanks guys its greatly appreciated.
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
You said you feel real un-easy when you feel like you are being watched. Honestly I don't think that anybody wouldn't. Being that your house is new and there is really no history to the place, as others have stated, the land is something that may be of interest. I don't know how much you know or what you believe in, however evil spirits do exist wether or not we want to believe they do. I have a feeling because of the shadows and a tendency for bad energy to be more aggresive in nature, I think that whatever is there isn't good. The activity might die down and stop if you ignore it, however it also may go in a total opposite direction and flair up. You can get the house blessed by a priest which is what I would recommend. I'll be checking back to see about more activity. Thanks again for your posting.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Hi Louis and welcome.

I admit I read your profile and started laughing about the "British-English" controversy. You remind me so much of my brother! 😊

About your experience, I don't think that just because a house is new, it's automatically "rinsed" from any kind of energy. Sometimes a haunting occurs because of the history of the land or propery the house "sits on". Sometimes a spirit might be wandering about still trying to get to its destination.

I don't know why as this will sound a bit far-fetched but to me it seems you might be dealing with somebody who had an accident around there and is still trying to get back home.

Please keep us posted if anything else comes to your attention. I'd be interested.

Tammy 😊
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Well you said you watched the house built week by week before you moved in so you know that it is nothing to do with the house. I'm not sure how you are so sure there is nothing unusual in the history of that particular piece of land.

It could also be something that for one reason or another was attracted there by you. Aside from the feeling of being watched and the shadow/sound has anything else happened?
ghost_hunter997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
hmmm seems like you have quite a problem on your hands

Try and find out the history of the house

God bless 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: