You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: No Open Curtains

Real Ghost Stories

No Open Curtains

 

I had a friend come to visit about 4 weeks ago, and he stayed in a hotel in Kingsbury, North London. I live on the other side of London so I decided to stay with him, so I didn't have to take the long journey home on the tube late each night.

The room being in the attic was small with a double bed on high, because it was above the lift shaft, and you had to climb up a few stairs to get into bed, it was surrounded by a wooden barrier so you didn't fall out.

We had had a couple of drinks and were stayed up late catching up on gossip and old memories, it had been a lovely day outside (unusual for English weather) and being the attic, it was very hot.

It must have been around 2 in the morning, when my friend fell asleep due to all his travelling, I sat up watching telly for a little while, but decided to turn it off and go to bed myself.

I remember lying there, thinking I am never going to sleep as it was really so hot, too hot to get under the covers, so I decided to open the window a little further and move the curtains and net curtains out of the way so we can get some cold air straight through. I switched off the light and climbed up back on the bed and laid my head down to get some sleep.

Suddenly, I saw a light from the corner of my eye, and then without warning the curtains and nets closed-ON THEIR OWN! I kept seeing lights flying round the room, but I wasn't scared like I usually can be. I lay there watching them, and finally drifted off to sleep.

The next day I didn't mention anything about it to my friend, but the next night I made sure the curtains were kept closed.

Other hauntings by wendymneil123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wendymneil123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
That's what happens when you had a couple of drinks and stay up late on an unusually warm night. 😉 😆
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
well ghost_hunter, I don't find it hard to believe. Not all people are scared by the abnormal. Maybe wendymneil123 isn't scared easily, just like me. I know I've only posted one story on here, but I have many to share.

Wendy I believe you seen the orbs floating around in your room. Maybe the reason you werent scared was because you felt that they were harmless. I mean hell, its not as bad as having seen dark lurking shadows with red eyes and all. God bless

Chris
ghost_hunter997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
woah man thas freaky its strange that you said that you wheren't scared but watched them and them drifted off to sleep

Thats why I find this story hard to believe
But anyway it was nice reading this story and thanks for sharing it with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: