You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: First Encounter With A Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

First Encounter With A Demon?

 

The year was 1999 it was late in July, my best friend invited me to go jet skiing in the Atlantic with his family. As always I accepted his invitation and drove over to his house to stay the night. I arrived after they had eaten dinner and everyone was just sitting around the table planning for the trip in the morning. I took up a chair and just listened in on what the plans were.

My friend's dad went to bed and his mother and he had decided that they should inform me of what had been happening in their house within the past week or so. She started of with a simple yet at the time a silly question, "Do you believe in Ghost's?" I said no and looked at my friend to see were the punch line came in. She then said that her daughter (who is the same age as I) had always had trouble with this ghost, but it had recently decided to start bothering the rest of the house hold. She continued to speak and at times I found it hard to keep listening but I grudged through.

They have only two children my friend and his younger sister; they also had a Great Dane named Jayda. About this time my friend's sister came in from wherever she had been and joined in the conversation they were forcing me to have about this ghost. She stated that it always moved things in her room and sometimes just thrashed the place. This would be a good excuse for a teenage girl to have but not for her she is excessive compulsive which translates to "neat freak". She went on and said she could ignore it for only so long before she asked my friend to bless the room. At this time he was very pious and believed it was a demon and that he could cast it out because he was a Christian.

Two nights went by and the ghost had apparently moved on. Until that following weekend it was like a breath of fresh air in the house (I'm quoting this). His sister came home one afternoon after cheerleader practice and went to wash up in the bathroom her and her brother shared. She took a shower and went to get a towel out of the linen closet located in the bathroom. She opened the sliding mirrored door, crouched on the floor was a sickly looking old lady looking up at her. She freaked out ran naked through the house to find her brother. This is when I found out that she was staying at a friend's house and only came home to shower and get clean clothes.

Now I was very skeptical still at this point, so my friend told me of his encounter with it. He stated, "I thought I scared it off but it only seems like I pissed it off and now it is in my room too..." He followed it up by saying, "It scratches the wall and ceiling and pulled my covers off of me in the middle of the night..." I was trying to be nice but I couldn't help but throw in a couple of "jabs" at them because it all seemed very far fetched to me.So they finally gave up with me but told me to be careful and not provoke it.

I went into my friend's room to make a bed on the floor while they still sat around in the living room talking about the ghost I suppose. In his room are a walk-in closet with only one door in and no vents. I went in and got covers, a pillow and an old military bed roll then set up a sleeping area. I noticed a weird looking oriental lamp in the room that was on but not throwing off much light. I went back out of the room and asked about the lamp. My friend stated, "It doesn't like the light so I leave it on so I can get some sleep..." Now I really had to poke fun at him for having a "night light". I told him that I better not wake up and see him sucking on his thumb, or he'd never hear the end of it.

We finally made our way to the room to go to sleep, but as most kids do when its time for rest we stayed up just talking. About 20 minutes went by and I started to hear scratching sounds coming from the closet, so I sat up and told him to stop playing around because I wasn't buying into all of this crap. He kind of disregarded my statement and just said, "That's how it always starts..." I told him the ghost was in his head and that he was just being childish and trying to scare me.

I also said, "If this ghost is real why the hell can it only scratch the door, is it retarded?" No sooner did I get those words out that the door started shaking with such force that is seemed like someone was trying to kick the dang thing in. He simply put is hands up, I guess showing me it wasn't him, but even as skeptical as I was I knew he had nothing to do with it.

The door went from banging to scratching then back again and then it just stopped. We finally went to sleep after it was quit for awhile. I was only asleep for maybe 3 hours or so before I woke up. The light was bothering me so I sat up and turned it off. I lay back down and the next thing I know this strange whooping screeching sound was right over me. Never in all my years have I heard such a sound. The next thing I remember is my friend standing on his bed to pull the light switch. He was pale as a sheet of paper and pissed off. He said, "What the hell did you turn that off for? Now it won't leave us alone..."

We left the room and went to the living room to get away from it. It really didn't seem to care at this point, as we were leaving the room the bedroom door slammed shut opened back up and then slammed shut again. At seeing this I almost had to go check my underwear. The room sounded like a hurricane going through it. We sat just listening to all this, my friends expression never changed he was tired and mad. So we just sat there not talking just listening to this thing throw a temper tantrum in his room. When it was bored with that it started scratching on the ceiling in the living room and that continued so long I think we just stopped listening to it.

That morning I apologized to his mother for doubting her story and I honestly felt like a jackass for doing so in the first place. She told me she had been in contact with a Minister who would come and bless the house but he was waiting to do more research so he would be better prepared for the task at hand. A week went by and it continued on so my friend was sleeping in their den and they just tried to ignore it.

There was a football game that week and his sister wanted to get some photos of her in the new cheerleader outfit. So they set up a miniature photo "shoot" with the proper lighting and all. I was there at the time because we had just got back from paint ball practice and we were sitting around checking out her cheerleader friends who also wanted some photos on themselves. They went and dropped of the film in one of that one hour photo shops.

We were cleaning our paint ball markers when his mother showed back up with the photos and she simply said, "You two need to see this..." On several pictures there was a shadow, you can almost make out the image of and old lady. The pictures were taken with a semi auto camera so there was no skipping in the pictures. In each photo you see the image moving across then it stops, after a couple more pictures you see it again walking back the other way. They had a light in front of the photographer so no shadow should be there.

When they took these pictures to the Minister he was speechless. The next day the house was blessed and they have only had one encounter since. That was back in 2002 when my friend and I were about to go to Iraq. Nothing has happened since, they still own the house but aren't there very much.

Other hauntings by Sapper

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sapper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thank you crazycats19. I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it. I have a few more recent I have yet to sit down and write. But maybe soon I will. JP
CrazyCats19 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
that was a great story! Pretty creepy to have experienced such a thing. I'm glad its gone and the minister was able to get rid of it. Well written and thanks for sharing 😁
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Intrestingly enough, my friends family still lives in the home. He just left for his 4th tour overseas and made it a point to mention that it has started back up. His father not only is now a believer, he won't go to that side of the house alone.
KimCan (1 stories) (19 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Great story, very well written! It mystifies me that some people would say this was NOT a demon. What, do they think someone's dead Aunt Mathilda has nothing better to do in the after life than terrorize a nice family?
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
It was most likely a spirit, it may not even be evil. Maybe it just wants to mess with you. In any case, the best then to do is to get rid of it.
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
woah sounds like a right scare! Do you still have the picture? I would love ot see it!
Take care laus x ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Thank you for sharing your story, Sapper. What an excellent account of your experience. Your writing style is exceptional! Thank you as well for your service in Iraq. 😁 I don't think it was a demon either, just an angry spirit. Sometimes they can be very persistent and especially if they want you to notice them for some reason or another.

Warmest blessings,

DA
demonencounter (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
that was sick want some info then email me to this adress and ill tell you anything you want to know

Minardib [at] yahoo.com 😉
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
As always awesome story. How do you know if it's a Demon or a spirit. I have read that when it is a Demon usually the energy is great in other words a spirit has to draw energy from something or someone to be able to manifest or move objects however a Demon doesn't and based on your story and the events I would say this is a Demon or a very powerfull spirit. The old sickly lady might just be what it wants to use to manifest it's self and might not be what it actually looks like. I would look into the history of the house and the land. I am a Cristian and I do believe that if you are a true Christian with the help of the Lord you can get rid of anything however even Jesus indicated in the Bible that there are certain Demons that not just anyone can get rid of. I cannot remember exactly where it is that he said it but I do remember that it was when one of the Disciples told him that he had tried to get rid of the Demons and was not succesfull and then Jesus tells him that no matter how hard he would have tried this was not one that he could get rid of that easy and basically told him that only he could do it. My point is that it has to be a very powerfull and faith filled Christian that can get rid of certain Demons.
I hope that your friend found one and has no more happenings in his home. My home does not have them as bad as his thank God for that, but I know how frustrating and fearfull it can be.
Thanks for sharing another wonderful story and THANK YOU for your service from the bottom of by heart.

Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
That was quite a creepy story. I don't think it was a demon it was just a pissed off spirit. Must have been a scary night.

Thanks for sharing your story.
fredy22 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
ask your friends if I can have the house. I can get rid of that thing real fast.
GhostFollowerKate (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
That is some story. I'm suprised that having the house blessed managed to calm this spirit. Thankyou for serving in Iraq.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
I don't blame him on being tired and mad. Some thing disturbing me when I'm trying to sleep would tick me off too. Its good though that they had the house blessed.
And thank you for serving in Iraq. I have a few friends that are still over there.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Wow! I think what creeped me out the most about this story was the "sickly old lady" crouching on the floor. Well, the scratching noises and banging sound pretty frightening too. Did you ever stay the night again after this happened? I hope you post the pictures soon. So, does anyone that lives in the house have any idea who it could be? Did they check the history of the house and/or land?

SHELBY 😊
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
oh my gosh! I am freaked out. I have never read a scary story that made me scared and made me laugh at the same time. You have me laughing out loud. Then again, that was really creepy. I wish I couldve been there.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Craziness! I really enjoyed your story! I hope you get to post at least one of the pictures! 😊
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Thank you for the posts I really do appreciate it. I am talking with my friends mother who currently has these photos but while thev've been moving around abit doesn't know which house they are in. (They actually own 5 houses/condos.) So its just picking the one with the right box but she has assured me she still has them. As for the history of the house, Her mother died in the house when the kids were not born or just very young. This is another reason I said Demon. I will be posting other stories and hopefully be posting these pictures soon. I have a few but until I found this sight I just simply wrote what I observed down in a legal pad. Thank you again.
JP
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I would love to see the photos! This story is amazing. How many ohotos do you have?

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Sapper, can you please post those pictures? I would also like to be stricken speechless. Thanks!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
...this scared me last night while I was home alone, even! Thanks so much for posting!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I wish we could see those pictures... Thanks for sharring this very scary story with us. It might have not been a demon just a spirit. Did your friends ever do research on that place? Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
do you have any copy of that pix? It would be great if you still have one...

Take care!
armymp76544 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Hello Sapper,
Great stories I'm curious when in Iraq did you have any unexplained things happen to you, I know I did and am curious if it happened to anyone else there?

God Bless
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Alright, that was a bad "arse" story all in all lol. It's good to hear that things cooled down. Because of the 2002 incident you mentioned, I believe that whatever was bothering you is still there and just decided to take a break. I know many instances where years go by without any sign of haunting then they'll just flare up again without a reason. I do have a Question though, do you think you could get a hold of those pictures? Let me know, I would like to see them. Thanks! 😜
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
That was a great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

I guess being quite skeptical at first was wise and expected-I mean that was a WILD story they were telling... And yet, like you, many of us wish we had said much less and "provoked" even less our very own fate on a few occasions.

Some events when we least expect them can change the way we think about the world around us 😊
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Well kids what is the lesson we learned toaday... No I am just playing but really there is something to be remembered here... Even if you are a person who doesn't believe doesn't mean you should pay your respects or at least not make fun of the paranormal and provoke it. I liked your story and now we can all see what it is that we should not do if there is some kind of spirit already in the presence. We don't want to anger the thing now. Thanks for the story and its nice to know the situation was handeld but you have more respect now I guarentee that lol.

God Bless
Jonathan 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I am glad that it sppears the blessing initiated by the Minister helped with this trouble some spirit. How terrifying!

Thanks for serving in Iraq!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: