You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Very 1st Ouija Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Very 1st Ouija Experience

 

Hi, my name is Chris, as you may know from reading my last story, I'm from a small town in the deep southern parts of Georgia. I moved to Florida back in 1998 and had resided there up until 2007 when I joined the USMC, and now I am stationed overseas here in Okinawa, Japan. This story takes place at one of my best friend's houses in the small neighborhood in northern Florida, where I had most recently lived back in the states.

It was the middle of the Summer of 2006 (if I recall correctly). My friend, his two brothers, his mother, his mother's boyfriend, and myself were talking about the paranormal or something of that sort. So my friend's little brother took out this Ouija Board, and they were talking about using it to talk to spirits. So we all went into the master bathroom (that was the only place that was quiet being since my boy's grandmother was in the living room watching TV) and gathered there to try this new thing.

They started off asking simple questions like, "Is there anyone in here?" or, "If there's anyone in here please let us know," but nothing. After about 5 minutes and we were all about to give up, we asked it once again, "Is there anyone in here?" and the planchette slowly moved to "yes." I took my hand off and asked if that was them messing with me. They smiled and looked at me and said "No, its moving by itself..." So, me being skeptical started asking only personal questions about myself, per se. Who I was dating at the time (none of them knew then). And other simple things of that sort. The board answered, to my disbelief, the correct answers. So, I then went a little more personal. Asking the board questions about my past and things having to do with my grandmother that had died in 1991 in a tragic car accident. Everything was right!

I was amazed by this connection to the outside world. Mind you that by now it's just my friend's little brother because everyone else had gotten bored and went to bed, and it was around 1 or 2 am. We were talking to his deceased father that had passed in 2003 as well. To make sure it was him we would ask him questions about how he died and if he was in the house or looked after the three boys all the time, and he said yes.

We had talked to one other spirit that night that was very wierd because it was suppposedly the spirit of young child from Mexico that was also killed in an accident, and that had missed his parents and family. He spelled the words out; not that of a child's spelling, but just as if you and I were on the board.

That night wasn't at all discomforting or bad feeling. It felt very welcoming and cozy talking to the spirits of the deceased. So, then after that night came a series of nights where we would use the board and talk to these spirits. The next story I will post will be about two experiences in the same night. So stand by for that one. It's definitely a little more disturbing.

Thanks For Your Time And God Bless,

Chris

Feel Free To Comment. I Check Them Daily For You Opinions And Advice. Take Care!

Other hauntings by Mr_Burnz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mr_Burnz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

realghoststories (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I have always wanted to use a Ouiji Board because I really want to try and meet my grandma who hung herself (the lady in the wheel chair that you read about on my page) when my mum was only 9. Apartently I am told I act and almost look like her and I really want to give it a try... But everyone I have told this to says that it is dangerous because you could call a unwanted spirit and that spirit will then haunt you until you help them. What do you think I should do?
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Interesting story, Mr. Burnz. I've never dealt with a ouija board and probably never will (too many bad stories for me to even want to go on one).

Also, Semper Fi! I was in the USMC from 1986-1990 and was stationed on Okinawa during my last six months in (I have a story on here about that takes place there if you're interested in reading it... The Mirror Above My Bunk).
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi Mr. BURNZ---I'd like to see your next story on this subject.
Although I wouldn't tell anyone to not use the board, I would not tell them to go ahead and do so.
Perhaps the only topic in the paranormal catagory worldwide that has more accounts attached to it than does the Ouija board is the topic of Haunted Houses. And many of those accounts are mild compared to the ghastly accounts related to the board.

And what more disarming way for the device to be promoted than to stack it right in among typical toys as a harmless, inexpensive little toy for family and friends.
So often, though, the results become! Before long.
And when they don't become!, they have a funny way of becoming?!?!

All in all, I wish you the best, and I thank you for your response to my own account. Take care...
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
i read your story and it surprised me how much of those questions had stuff to do about waht I have said to ouija boards. I'm now 14, and you just kind of scared the hell outta me! Well, my boyfriend's making dinner, I gotta go. Bye! 😊
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
(for the last two posters) I know what I'm doing. I know what things, beings, spirits, etc; can come through the board. And I know what can happen. I've seen it before. One of my most recent expierences tell that. I just havn't had the time to post the story because it will take a lot of time to write because so much went on that night and I have had a lot of work to do here in my shop for the past 2 months. So, I really havn't had the time to put it up on the site... But it will come soon enough though I promise 🤔

Burnz
walangk3 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Nothing_Is_Everything is right, sometimes using the board terrible things starts happening. And yeah Nothing_Is_Everything is pretty much right about doors open to places that shouldn't...so yeah...
Nothing_Is_Everything (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
my advise to you is to leave those boards alone as I have noticed you think that you can only contact spirits from this earth with them well that's not necessarily true its true that if your lucky a spirit still attached to this earth will talk to you however Ouija boards can open up let's call them doors to other places other worlds I guess you might call them anyway what I'm trying to say is that even people who think they know what there doing with them can let out things that cause huge amounts of trouble I would also like to say that it doesn't matter if an object is man made its the intention on what they are used for which defines what they are capable of... Although I implore you to take my warning it is up to you what to think
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
You were lucky you had a good experience as ouija boards can be so much worse. That was an intresting story and it must have been fascinating talking to the spirits.

Thanks for sharing and good luck in the USMC.
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hi
Just checking through your older stories because the latest one really scared me (swimming experience and the old new Hope church graveyard) Your stories are really good and I will definately be adding you as a favourite.

I will look out for more stories

God bless
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations

Hello Chris, it is an honour writing to someone who guards the realm and continent of Asia. I used to live in the Philippines before I moved to Canada. I am relieved that you did not encounter a diabolical using the board. However, I discourage you from ever using it again due to its tendency to open doors into the unknown. Allowing many types of spirits or demons to escape. Japan, Canada, China and the USA as with many countries has been devestated by war and disease and therefore has many restless souls.

I am troubled by your ending paragraph and your encounter with a diabolical. Truth be told, demons can dress up to look like other souls. I look with great delight to reading your next entry or post. May God bless you and keep you safe in your service in the Far East. Deus Vobiscum and please keep me posted on the latest incidents and occurences, if you don't mind.

Sincerely,

Francois
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Forgive me for accidentally skipping this story.

I was always and always be very suspicious when it comes to the Ouija. Your comment about the child's spelling was enough to confirm my fear of them. What you're actually implying is that you also doubt the identity of whom you were speaking to that night, right?

I believe that a spirit would do and say anything to attract your attention. One way of doing this is to make you feel sympathetic to his misfortune in life (the whole family being killed in a terrible accident and that sort) and by making you enthusiastic and eager for more communication with it, it gains power over you-it finds the open portal it is seeking!

Think of that as a possibility and consider the possibility that the spirit you are contacting is not who he says he is! Also, consider the possibility that while you're sending out this welcome invitation, someone else may 'drop by' uninvited!

Just be careful, Chris!
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Well Dragon... Each to their own buddy... I know what I believe in as you in the same... Your comment completely contradicts itself..."ouija bord is man made therefore can't contact anything out of this world" then, "its a channel to other spirits on this planet"...so spirits are normal everyday things that everyone sees? Theyre on talk shows and reality tv?...lol... AWESOME!~!~
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Ouija Board is human made an can there fore don't contakt eny thing outside this world it works like a chanal to talk whit the spirrits in this wold but talking to dead persons that is not houting the place your setting upp the board can't be done so if your contact on the board say he is from another place close the conetion becouse then you are talking to a demon or an angel but it is 99.9% cance it is a demon
rjblaze215 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Burnz your a cool dude so I'll tell you how oija boards work.

Oija boards can contact ANY SPIRIT to come to you. Good or bad. BUT HERES A LITTLE SECRET PEOPLE DONT KNOW. The way you contact the good spirits from bad is actually your own energy. If you have negative energy such as...scared,angry,fustrated,envy,etc. Its most chnace that you will get a bad spirit in your house. People with positive energy gets good spirits.happiness,love,calmness.but usually before people contact a spirit they get worked up and nervous causing negative energy to spur up in them. Thats why you relax and get urself together before oija boards. But if you ask me just don't do it. TRUST ME ANGRY SPIRITS! DO NOT! WANT T BE BOTHERED BY A BOARD
themexican (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
well I jus want to no where you get one cuse my stories and a board sick combination thanks for the story though 😨 😨 😨
themexican (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
well I jus want to no where you get one cuse my stories and a board sick combination thanks for the story though 😨 😨 😨
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Well I believe that ouji boards can be very dangerous. I think you were very lucky that nothing happened. I say lucky beacuse you met some very nice people and I bet that was a good feeling. But remeber that you never see the spirit. And that he can be saying what ever he likes just to get your gaurds down. Then he hits and basicaly you then have a haunting. I'm glad that your seance was a peacful one. I to agree with Frawin that the ouji board is for smart people. Some one with the lack of intelegence shouldnt use one.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I lot of people have strong feelings about Ouija. From my perspective I have heard many bad things. I don't know how they work so I will never under any circumstances use one or be near anyone who is. In response to FRAWIN I agree in theory but remember that one man's expert is another man's idiot when dealing with things like this. You're safer leaving best alone. I also believe that there is a very good chance that whatever you communicate with is lying to you.
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I have to agree with Frawin on this one. I believe the ouija board can do good as well as cause harm, I'm not confident enough in my own positive energy to use one again, but I have in the past and nothing negative has happened. It is something to be approached with caution, but I also feel that there are higher powers at work who will protect you if you ask for their help...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Well, I am glad that this experience wasn't unpleasant for you, however, I have a feeling by stating that your next stories are a bot more disturbing, you did have a bad experience with this device. Most people do eventually. The portals that are opned by the use of these things can be dangerous and tragic. I look forward to reading your other stories and do hope what ever found its way to you during your sessions with this thing has now gone on and left you in peace.

God Bless!
gsi0leader (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
😨 I have an Ouiji Board To. Now I might have an experience like that! 😨 Great!
josh_w (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
ouija boards are like windows to the spirit world or whatever you prefer calling it. You can get a spirit or DEMON to come into your home like that. A lot of people believe it is a window to hell itself and that all it has in it are DEMONS and that is why the vibe on it is so bad. Please for you and your friends own good never use another ouija board again they are considered very bad.
P.s demons have powers, they can tell you stuff that only you know they are very tricky. Buton the other hand we have angels which are considered of same strength, just please be careful messing with supernatural stuff and pray to god daily.

-god bless-
KarenRawrr (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
You are one lucky person. Using an Ouija Board and not getting a bad vibe from it? That's good, but soon enough, it's going to get worse. Don't ever use Ouija Boards just for the heck of it. It's worse then trusting a stranger you've just met for a second! I believe you should quit while you're at it. Before anything bad starts happening.

But I enjoyed the story anyways (: I've always wanted to try the Ouija Board, but since it gives off a really bad omen, what's the point? Hope to hear some more from you.
AkatsukiDeidara101 (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
YOU USED THE OUIJA BOARD?! NOOOOOO! DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS? USING A OUIJA BOARD IS JUST LIKE LEAVING YOUR FRONT DOOR OPEN FOR ANYONE TO COME INTO YOUR HOUSE! DON'T EVER USE IT EVER AGAIN!

Someone who cares,
Ami
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Mr Burnz- Thanks for the story, I am looking forward to the next chapter of it. From one jarhead to another, Semper Fi!
Thank you for serving your country.
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
hey Mr Burnz, great story, I've had my fair share of Ouija Board stories. Unfortunately 99% of the time, the entity on the other side you are talking to usually is never who they say they are. Ouija Boards are evil, demons are everywhere in this world, they imitate people who were once alive and thrive off of it. They can do this because they see everything and are everywhere, a bad thing usually with the board is having a doorway opening up and evil spirits coming and going as they please. Ever since my family, mainly my sister used the Ouija board for entertainment she's pretty much has been an open doorway for other spirits. Like insects would flood over to a bright light at night they're attracted to her. I don't think we've ever lived anywhere without something happening. Matter of fact we have somethings going on now, but that's for another time.:) take care Burnz
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Ah, the infamous Ouija board. I have listened to the "Ouija Board War" being fought ever since I joined the site and so far haven't took sides. Now I am. The way I see it is a Ouija board is just like a firearm. A firearm in the hands of an idiot is very dangerous but in the hands of a trained and responsible person it is not only useful but gives hours of pleasure (shooting at targets, not other people). The same can be said of the Ouija board or any communicating device- in the right hands good, wrong hands bad. An idiot should never touch either one.

FRAWIN 😊
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Thanks for the advice loveparanormal... I haven't messed with a Ouija Board since the summer of 2007. I do have one more expierence to share with you all reguarding my most recent Ouija Session which was back around the same time as this story...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
It's hard to tell whether you are talking the deseased or something else. I can tell you that based on experience 9 out of 10 you are not talking to whom you think you are talking to. The spirits are not good and they might know a lot about you but although you would like for your long passed family member to be the one communicating it is not. These board are very dangerous and they are not toys you can let out or open doors to very evil things.
If I were you I would not play ever again

Good luck and God bless
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Burnham, Burnham, Burnham, haven't you been reading all of these comments on the Quija board and how bad it is haha... Well I can say they are my favorite stories because I relate to them the most to I can't wait to read more of the experiences you have had... I hope they are as good as some of the things you have told me or your last stories... Keep writing bud looking forward to it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: