You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Boards

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Boards

 

I have been reading comments of Ouija board usage and I though I would post my experiences when I was younger. As a teen I was given one for a present and used it and had fun, don't remember that we contacted spirits but I was amazed on how it moved on the board when we barely touched it.

Years later I was in my 20's, a friend of mine told me she thought that her apartment was haunted. So one night we decided to see if we could confirm that it was really was haunted.

She told me that she would notice that the light over her table would sway back and forth and I did notice it move slightly but we were facing a main street and I commented that maybe the traffic was causing it to swing but after watching it for a while it did move and no cars were passing by.

She said she saw a face in a bare light bulb in the living room, and if you stared at it for a while I think you would see a face, there were other strange happenings so we decided to use an Ouija board to see if we could contact someone or something.

There were 3 of us there that night, my friend, her sister-in-law and me. Actually if you want to get technical I was pregnant with my daughter so there were 4 souls there.

When my friend and her sister-in-law tried to use the board it would not move to answer any questions but when I touched it, it would fly across the board and spell out messages.

Well I don't know if there was really a spirit there because a full story came to me in my mind and then it played out on the board. I wondered if I was controlling it and making up the story that was in my head or was I receiving a message before the board spelled it out.

The story was about a poor maid that got pregnant by her employer and was kept captive in the attic of the house we were in and when she had the baby they told her that it died but they really took it from her and gave it away. (Sounds like a cheap novel doesn't it)

We tried to look up history about this story but there had been a fire that destroyed records from that time frame of the story. So we could never prove or disprove the story.

One thing my friends questioned was why the board worked so well when I took hold and in my mind I thought because I was making up the story and controlling it but the answer we got was that I was of 2 souls and it was easier to communicate through me. Needless to say, I let go, vowing never to use it again because I was afraid for my unborn child.

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Aww, I can't believe the maid's baby was given away! Well, history includes many sad things. I hope the ghost of your friend's house doesn't harm anyone. I wouldn't blame her too much if she did considering what happened with her baby.
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
That must have been a little freaky... That poor woman: (imagine that happening to you? Hopefully she has found piece and has gone into the light:)
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Too late to check out anything further, that was back in 1971 and in another state.
I think she died of a broken heart as well as being weak from a difficult child birth.
Once she said I was of 2 souls I quit using the board so I never did find out any more on the history. I hope when the home was changed to an office building, she found peace and moved into the light.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Wow, that certainly would've been a little scary. What happened to the spirit after the baby was taken away? Was she killed? Also if a fire destroyed the records then maybe you could try again when you've given birth... That is if you ahvent' already. Also if she communicated from you it might've been because you had a baby and she wanted it. I know she said something differently, but still.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
RJBLAZE215 I know what you mean, haven't touched a board in 36 years!

HI Chris: good to hear your input, and I understood what you were saying very clearly.

Motherpann
rjblaze215 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
i think you are more of a medium then everyone else that was there. A medium is a person that can see,hear,or feel a spirit more clearly then others and probly responded to you. But you don't know the real dangers of it. When using a oija board it doesn't just bring out the spirit that is supposingly huanting the house. You can invite any type of spirit into that house with that board. And you better be carful next time because you were lucky not to get a evil spirit. Trust em evil spirits do not want to be bothered with a oija board 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hi motherpann. Glad to hear from you again. I think this was a pre phyhchic situation. I believe that you probably didn't even know that you had this ability and were a little surprised when you saw everything in your mind and later the bouard would spell out the same thing. Being pregnat is one reason. Women who are pregnat see and feel more when they are pregnat before then when they werent.Why?I have no idea 😆 But it is true. There sences are always active. Maybe that is why you saw all of this. Anyways this post maybe a little confusing but oh well. I tried 😆.Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Like I said that I wondered if my overactive mind made up the story and some how was able to project it to the ouija board and made the words appear and that is why it only worked when I touched it. But then hearing the story in my head could have been some sort of communication because in my later years my phychic abilities have grown stronger and now I recognize spirit communication.

I thought that it was a lark to make up a story so much like some of those cheap novels people buy at the corner newspaper store. (but did I?)

The girl gave names and dates so if there wasn't a fire at the records building we might have found something, if it was real.

As far as the building, I think it has been torn down for years now, it's in NJ and I live in Fla so I can't check it out and I lost contact with that friend years ago.

Oh well, it's an interesting story to wonder about, that happened 36 years ago.

I never thought that being pregnant and the child connection was the reason why she spoke through me but that's a good point rhodes68, I was just scared that the supernatural could harm my child because I didn't understand much back then so better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your input
Motherpann
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
While it could have been a real communication I would tend to put this in the same category as teens with a lot of hormones. When pregnant, our hormones are out of control just like when teens have raging ones. Teens tend to be able to have a lot of communication with a ouija board but again I think it's a lot of kenetic energy being mustered up along with imagination. Not saying this was your experience just an explanation on my part.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hello MOTHERPANN-it's nice to have you back with another experience.

My conclusion as to why you were the one she attempted communication with that night was the fact you were pregnant. Your carrying a child was the reason she felt connected to you and probably believed that as a mother to be, you could bring yourself to feel what she felt and understand the injustice that was done to her and her new-born.

Too bad there were no documents to prove her existence but even if it wasn't for the fire, I bet you'd still be unable to find anything that can verify who she was.

I wonder if she's still wandering around that attic anticipating the return of her baby. How would she ever cross if they're not reunited? It's heart-breaking!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: