You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Cousin's Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Cousin's Ghost?

 

First of all, I would like to clarify that this story did not happen to me, it happened to my dad's cousin.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to my dad about ghosts. He said he never really believed in them, but that his cousin claimed to have had an experience with a ghost.

Now this where the story might get a little confusing. My dad's cousin was in the washroom looking in the mirror when he saw HIS cousin's face appear behind him in the mirror. He didn't really think much of it, but about 10 minutes or so later, he got a phone call saying that his cousin (the one who he had seen in the mirror) had just died in a car accident. Even after hearing this, my Dad is still not convinced that ghosts are real. He simply says that his cousin could have made this up.

I am a strong believer in ghosts, and though I haven't actually had a personal experience yet, I am actually quite afraid of them. Even the so called "good ghosts". I must also admit that I am highly afraid of dark rooms such as closets, washrooms, basements and of course, mirrors. I must close my bedroom closet every night before I go to bed because I can see the inside of it perfectly through the mirror which I can see from my bed!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kayla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
A story such as this would not convince a true skeptic.
A definite personal paranormal experience that contradicts the skeptic's personal beliefs and basic sense of logic might have a chance at it, but never a 2nd or 3rd person account--no matter what the facts may be.
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Something like that happened to my best friends mom. My friends mom Cindy's grandma was in the hospital for a few weeks before she died. Cindy smelled the perfume of her grandma suddenly one night and then about two minutes later got a call from her sister, and asked her "Grandma died right?" and her sister then confirmed her death.
That story made me really paranoid because I always randomly smell my grandpa around even though he lives in germany and I'm always afraid I'll get a phone call from my grandma saying that he died. But I haven't yet gotten that phone call, which is good haha

Thanks for sharing your story!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Hey hon, you don't need to be scared! Have faith that you are protected and you will be! This was certainly an interesting story! Thank you for sharing! Your dad should be a believer! He experienced it first hand! Take care!
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Yes, that's true. I don't think he would make this up. Just seems kind of hard to make this stuff up unless you have a really wild imagination. I'm glad you liked my story. It was my first one. Thanks for reading!:) ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Well I don't think He would make this up considering this was a close family member. I liked reading your story. This is indeed a scary story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Haha, yes, everyone thinks I'm very paranoid. It's true. It just kind of freaks me out knowing that there could be a ghost in my house... Maybe it IS a gift to see them and whatnot but I don't know what I'd do if I saw one! Especially a bad one... Does anyone know if all houses have ghosts? Also, I am only 15 so that might be why I'm extremely paranoid... Or maybe I should be less paranoid cause of my age... I don't know.
Anyway, thanks for the comments, everyone!:)
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
There is truth to that as it happened to my grandmother not once, but twice. Both occurances were years apart. Both times she was in the bathroom getting ready and looked up to see one of her brother-in-laws, then received the phone call 5 minutes later. The second time this happened was 9 or so years later, except this time it was her own father. She knew right then what to expect and went and set by the phone waiting for the call. She received that one about 3 minutes later.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I want to add to my comment... What happened to you dad's cousin is not something that should be scary. It was a gift. Although what happened was tragic, his cousin wanted to visit him one last time. Therfore, it was a gift. Don't be scared. ❤ jazz
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
EVPResearcher is so faithful to this website. I am too. I am on here everyday reading stories. I hardly comment though. I have read a few stories on here very similar to what happened to your Dad's cousin. I really don't think you should be so paranoid though. Have you ever thought that you are just scaring yourself? Be easy.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I have also heard of such things happening. Unfortunately when this happens, most of the time there are no witnesses there to verify it and it becomes another "believe it or not" ghost story. Thank you for sharing it with us, I did enjoy it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
You know. I have heard a lot of stories about someone seeing a recently deceased person before they knew that the person had passed on. I have to think that their is something to it... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: