You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Sister Is The Cause For Our Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister Is The Cause For Our Hauntings

 

As long as I can remember, the supernatural has always been attracted to my family. Demons, ghosts, spirits... I've come to realize that they always seem to be causing mischief around the houses we live in, following us, and being the reason for many of our own places having been blessed by priests. As a moth takes to a bright light in the dark, the unexplained takes to my family, and I'm convinced it's my sister...

Let me tell you a little about my family. In some way or another, we all ended up in Spokane, Washington. I have an older sister (33), an older brother (27), and a younger brother (18). I seem to be smack in the middle at age 21. My mom and dad have been divorced since I was a little kid, so if I did see them together, it would weird me out.

A long time ago, when my sister was in her teens, she and her friends got together for what seemed to be mere child's play. They pulled out the Ouija board they had put together with cardboard. On the backside of the cardboard, in each of the corners, the four of them put their own drawing which depicted them in some way. Ouija boards that have been personally made and have extra work put into them usually tend to get the most activity. They are, in a sense, more powerful because they are a lot more meaningful to the person(s) who made them.

Everyone settled around in a circle, sitting on the bed in a dark room in the back of the old two-story home. They were quietly sitting patiently, fingers barely touching the planchette, asking questions they shouldn't be asking and getting some real crazy answers. Needless to say, my sister was engaged at the time and when my brother-in-law walked in on them, he was quite furious and made them throw the board out. My sister took the board and folded it into four sections and tossed it in the trash. The past was now the past, no big deal.

My sister was in the living room doing whatever she was doing at the time a few nights later. My brother-in-law came into the room and asked, "I thought you got rid of that Ouija board I told you to get rid of?" My sister, simply being a defensive person, threw up her wall and was being cocky saying it was gone. However, he was holding it in his hand and could clearly see the crease marks which should have been in it were not there. So, assuming that he wanted to play a joke, she figured he'd just made another one to mess with her. He was very adamant when telling her he wasn't joking around. She took the board from him just to look it over. When she turned the board over, all four corners held the little drawings they put on the board, something that only the four of them really knew about. Even if he did know about the drawings, recreating them was another thing.

A week went by and nothing out of the ordinary had happened since the night they decided to rip that board into pieces and toss it into the trash, until tonight... Getting up from her movie, everyone was in the living room chilling and hanging out. My sister walked to the kitchen to find something to drink and get some more food to munch on along with the movie. Sitting on the counter in perfect condition, seemingly staring at her in a weird way, was, of course, the board that I believe is the root of all evil. Scaring the living daylights out of her, she literally peed herself and went back into the other room screaming. To get rid of it, my brother-in-law took the board and gave it to our uncle. He didn't believe in anything of that nature, which is why we believe it never came back because we don't know what he did with it to this day. No one seems to really care what he did. For all we know, he tossed it on a shelf in his garage.

Ever since then, every house my sister has lived in has strange things happing. Many places she's stayed at have been blessed. Everything usually stops until she moves again and it seems they follow her or a new entity finds her company. As of now, the house she resides in is far from normal and I'll have to save that for another day.

To sum everything up, I thought this story would be a great way to get my foot in the door and let you all know why my family is the way it is and the cause for a lot of our hauntings. In the future, I'll write more stories about weird things and what became of them. And another thing, a Ouija board is no game. Eventhough you can buy it at a local toy store (which I still can't conmprehend) and take it home, it opens up a door that is nearly impossible to close, at least it has been for my family. Thanks for taking the time to read my story, I greatly appreciate it. Feel free to comment

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarknessEmbraced, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
We took our Ouija board and broke it up and put it into the fire stove and it turned the whole stove and pipe red, it was making a really loud sound. I can still remember that to this day.
Every since that day I have never seen a fire
Turn the whole stove red and the pipe and to this day I'm still using fire stoves.

You sister needs to start praying to God for help.

Take care,

Walter
MMfan1 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
your sister could be a door in which the spirits can get out. And using an ouija board may have made her more sensative to spirits.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
hey scary story. I live in CDA so I can imagine that your story happened in one of the many old houses in Spokane? Your sister needs to vocalize with force that anything she may have invited with the ouija board to her is no longer welcome at all near her or in her house. Hopefully that will close the portal. Good Luck to you.
ejgavinart (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Ive had a few bad experiances with Ouija boards when I was younger (but I'm not going to get into that right now), since then I won't touch them. I believe that some psychics or mediums can handle them if they have the gift of decernment, however for everybody else its too risky. My sister told me when I was younger that playing with one is like turning on a lighthouse in the darkness, and that spirits are attracted to it... But unfortunately usually the bad ones because they still crave the living world and its pleasures.
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Thank you all for your comments. To answer some of your questions my sister will not even allow one of those boards in her house, let alone play around with it. She's a very smart girl and she believes nothing good comes from them. They lie, say whatever you want to hear, and trick you into believing what they are telling you. (Ramzey) that was a very interesting story, I'll keep you in mind if I have any questions, and rhodes68 thanks for the welcoming. I look forward to putting some more stories in the near future. I believe putting this story up would be a good intro to everything else... (Erinne_Ecstacy) thanks for adding this story to your Favs:) Thanks again everyone and I'll try to put up a new story hopefully soon! ~
lolita (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
interesting story! This happened to my friend as well, she threw hers in the trash and it appeared on her kitchen counter, I have heard that in order to get rid of a ouija board you havto draw the sign of the cross on it then break it or burn it, or you can give it to somebody, maybe you should try blessing your house! Good luck!
Erinne_Ecstasy (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Oh wow... I'm thinking that's what has happened to my family. Wierd things are always happening, and my aunt played with a Ouija board when she was a teenager. I will NEVER fool with one. I'm afraid of them. My friend Sam has had very bad experiences with them. I pray your sister no longer messes with these things. They are not harmless entertainment as some people like to think. I will definitely add this to my favorites! ❤ I look forward to reading more stories from you!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
You are so right about the Quija Board. I wish this thing was never created. I have heard of many reports about the board reappearing after it was threw away, buried, etc. I had one that I threw away. I made sure it got placed in the landfill. (It's where I work.) I also have a father-in-law that owns one of the first Quija boards that was on the market. I had a great connection with it. But, when my husband would touch it, it would say terrible things to him. Once, me and him were playing it, it told us of such mean things it was going to do to my husband. I told it goodbye. The next morning, all of our blinds were covered in a brown sticky goo that was dripping off onto the floors. We took the board to an abandoned home. 2 days later, the windows were busted out of the home. Weird... Those things are sooo bad. I hope your sister doesn't play with them anymore! Btw, great story! Can't wait to hear more! Take care! And if you would like, my email address is under my profile. Email me anytime! I investigate the unexplainable. I would love to try and help! Thanks again!
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
i believe that ouija board doesn't bring any good spirits, because good spirits wouldn't want to haunt persons, they would like to rest in peace! I wouldn't advise any one doing a ouijaboard for fun or any other reason, spirits can identify ones feelings and lie so that you believe they are good.

Most of people who do the beard remain possesed even without knowing.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Well the ouji board can bring a positive spirit "in" but it may also bring in a evil spirit. I believe its something like the internet. You don't invite somone over to your home since you just met him on the internet. Somone maybe nice and a good person but it is possible that you will invite a crazy person. Same thing goes with the ouji board. You never know who you realy are talking to. But if your sfae and doing things the way that they are supposed to be done then it maybe safe. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
As interesting as Ouija Boards are- I would never use one-i am way to scared. And if there is any truth to what the Board can do then I would not want to mess with that. I hope things ease up for your sister, she should do an evp recording in her house-maybe you could find out who is there and/or what they want.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Welcome DarknessEmbraced and thank you for sharing a very interesting story with us.

I 'm one of those who also believe that Ouija boards mean "trouble" and usually discourage people from using them. I don't think you cannot have a single positive experience with them like talking to a nice spirit but I'm mostly concerned with what or who will continue to come through that open portal we so mistakenly think we can close. There's absolutely no proof that a "destoyed" Ouija closes the passage we have opened.

Thanks
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
i now of a simmlar thing a friend of mine have the same problem. It usuly don't have enything whit the bord to do my friend don't believe in the supernatural and is a cristian the only thing I now abut this after studying my friend is that spirits and demons uses some pepole as a channel to come into this world but they can't travel to far away from the channel person it is not somthing your born whit this "gift" but some events in your life can couse this to happen when it comes to stopping the channeling that I neaver figured out becuse my friend moved before I could do my studdy finnished
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
thanks for all of your comments:) and I don't think my sister have ever thought about going to anyone who specializes in the area of "closing the door..." being open to other spirits can be seen as a gift an we embrace it. We actually enjoy going out ghost hunting and having her gives us a little edge lol. We've been in plenty of houses with activity and never given us any problems. It's only when negative things happen that further action has usually been taken like some blessings on the house (s). And to answer the other question, I hope I wasn't unclear. The Ouija board was thrown away folded in four. It came back afterwards and it was torn to pieces. It was about a week later it showed up after it was already torn to pieces. My sister wouldn't even go in the kitchen or come near it to even see if it was the same one... She didn't have to. Thanks for all your comments:) I'll be checking in!
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Ohiowatha, when the board came back the first time, they were scared and I guess decided to rip it up into pieces in an attempt to destroy it so it couldn't possibly come back a third time.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
...so wait, I'm confused. In one paragraph you said you folded up the board and when it was "found" again, it didn't have any signs of creases. In a following paragraph, you say the board was ripped into pieces. When was it shredded?

Thanks.
vanelle22 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
You have taught everyone a valuable lesson and almost every story I've read dealing with a Ouija board says the same thing..."don't mess with it!" ever thought about going to a psychic lady or someone who specializes in that to ask about how to close the door between those entities?
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I think if I would have seen that board on my counter, I would have done more than pee...lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: