You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Footsteps And Lightsabers

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps And Lightsabers

 

This story is pretty mundane compared to Mr. Yummy monster, but still a bit spooky nonetheless. It also involves the same friend!

This story happened about four or five years ago. My friend's boyfriend's cousin was going on holiday for a week and had asked the pair of them to house sit for them. Which lead to us (myself and my b/f) being invited over to spend the night, just the four of us. We basically just sat around, had a few drinks and played oh the Playstation/Gamecube.

Eventually, it got pretty late and my friend and I got fed up sitting with the boys so we just went up the stairs for a blether and to get ready for bed. I can't for the life of me remember what on earth we were gossiping about, but we had just started to complain that the boys were taking far too long to come to bed, because we were both knackered, and I, at least, get fed up when I'm just about to doze off and I end up getting woken up! But anyways, no sooner had we launched our first complaints, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. We thought "Oh perfect! They've finally decided to make an appearance," so we just went back to nattering away and didn't stop until the footsteps reached the top of the stairs. We just looked at each other and wondered what on Earth they were doing because there wasn't any talking either, and well... my boyfriend loves to talk. So we decided to have a peak out the door and have a nosey.

Turns out (and you've probably guessed it) there was no one there. And this is where the lightsabers come into action: to defend ourselves from the intruder, we grabbed their cousin's kids toy lightsabers and checked the main bedroom, no one... So we crept down the stairs (imagine the Scooby do gang minus a few!) one behind the other until we reached the living room door where the boys were nattering away. So we burst through the door brandishing our lightsabers, which just resulted in them laughing at us, and even more so when we told them we heard footsteps coming up the stairs and since we never saw them we were using them to defend ourselves. They swore that they never went up the stairs at any point, which I believe because the boyfriend always pops in to make sure I'm okay or just to say hello.

But yeah, the night resulted in the pair of them nicking our lightsabers so they could play with them and us going back up the stairs to just go to bed. Even after telling them about the footsteps, they still took forever to come up!

We honestly never thought anything spooky of the footsteps when we heard them because it sounded like proper, quite heavy/tired footsteps, not just like the stairs were creaking. There wasn't an atmosphere or anything, and after it happened it didn't feel 'spooky' then, either. It was just quite random!

Other hauntings by spikess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spikess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi guys thanks for the comments 😁 Unfortunately I can't look into the background of the house, that was the first and last time I was ever in there and it was a good few years ago so I can't even remember the name of the street! And I'm not in contact with that friend anymore so I can't really ask her either...

Glad you guys liked it though! 😊
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
I though both of your accounts were funny! I hope you have more amusing stories to share! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
I think French poest is on the right track. Youy should do some reasearch about the house. Then you might find some answers to your questions. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Welcome back yummy 😆, pardon, I meant spikess and thanks for another interesting account.

I'd suggest you do what frenchpoet says. Look into the history of the house. I believe though that had anyone experienced anything paranormal before in there, they would have reacted quite differently to your allegations about the footsteps. They would have been alarmed somehow.

From your description of the sound the footsteps were making that night, you might be dealing with the spirit of an elder individual "coming home" from a day of hard work!

Sounds residual but I can't be positive since there's only your description of that one incident so you could say I'm might be jumping to conclusions.

Tammy ❤
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Do you know anything about the house, such as who lived there previously, etc. And if anyone else ever noticed anything strange? Let us know!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: