You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New House Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

New House Apparition

 

Me and my family recently moved, it was just the day before christmas eve in 2006. I have finally moved out of that house where I saw my brother's guardian, and where I saw other strange things or should I say, heard. What happened isn't at all an over the top phenomenon, but it really scared me anyway.

From the day I moved in, I felt no strange presence, because I could always feel a presence in my old home, so I wasn't at all scared. This house is older then my old one, by about 50 odd years. This happened just last week, on 20/2/2007. It was around 3:25pm, my mom and dad had gone out to get shopping, pay the bills etc. My little brother had gone with them. My older brother had gone out to spend the day with his girlfriend, and I was at home with our dog Max, who he was asleep. I, however, was busy getting ready to go to work for 4:00pm. I had a shower, and the last thing I needed to do was find my working clothes. My mom had washed them, she always puts them somewhere to dry them off, but I couldn't find them, so I was running around the house. The stairway in our house is very dreary looking, because the only light is from a rounded window, from the type of glass that would be in a bathroom, and in our sitting room, we have a conservatory bedroom attached, it was my mom and dads. This room has no windows with a door less closet. My mom got the dandly beads to put on it rather then a door.

I ran into her room, and looked on all the radiators to see if I could find the clothes. Then I stopped in my tracks and freezed. It was so weird, because it just suddenly happened. I got the strangest feeling I was being watched, the same feeling I always got in my old home. I decided to look somewhere else, and quickly walked out of the room. I finally found my clothes, and I got rid of that feeling at last. However, just as I was walking out the door to work, I realized I left my phone on my bed. I turned behind me and quickly went to run up the stairs (I was watching my feet while running, like charging), and just as I reached the top, I looked for a second, and right there, it was like a flash, a figure I couldn't make out had been peeping around the top of the stairway at me, but quickly went away as I moved my head up. It was like playing hide and seek, because of the way it was looking out. Just the head. but all I saw was black, no eyes, I couldn't make out a face, I got the feeling it was a person though, right away.

I ran back down and right out the door to work. One day without the phone is no harm. I told my brother's girlfriend, because she believes in ghosts like me, my own family wouldn't care less about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

HidingFromTheShadow (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Bardsidhe: I have something similiar it stays in my dreams and sometimes appears outside in my dreams it watches me but when I'm awake it hides I don't understand. Do either of you still see this presence.
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
I don't know if you will read this, but anyways, I have seen a very similar thing in an old home I was living a couple of years ago, I was in my bedroom, I was the only occupant of the house at the time and as such would keep the house locked at night. It was in the wee hours I was rising to get ready for work, when I caught in the mirror the 'shadow' of a young shild peering around the door, I turned and it was gone, I checked the house, all locked. To add more, the 'shadow' appeared solid. Like it was a human made of nothing but darkness... But I did not feel any dread, or threat.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: