You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Ghostly Bond

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly Bond

 

Firstly, I would like to say that this story is not from my own experience, for I have never witnessed the paranormal. This story is of one of my old friend's cousins. I am simply a story teller spreading the loving message of this tale. For privacy and respect for the dead, I have changed the names of everyone involved.

Layne and Tara were twin sisters who loved each other very much. Life was great to them and they befriended many souls. However fate decided to pay them and a few friends a visit one night on New Year's Eve. Tara and Layne had gone to a New Year's party and hooked up with two of their closest friends, Megan and Ryan. The ball had dropped and the New Year was here- they had practically lost count of the time as well as how many drinks they had.

It was about 3:00 in the morning when Megan had gotten a call to pick up her boyfriend at the airport since his plane would take off and land in a few hours. Megan agreed and asked Ryan, Layne and Tara if they wanted to come along. They all agreed even though they all were moderately intoxicated.

It was around 4:00 in the morning when they hit the road to go pick up Megan's boyfriend at the airport since he said he would land at around 5:00. Ryan, who was driving was exhausted though, they all were, and while everyone else dozed off in the car, Ryan tried desperately to keep his eyes open and on the road. Exhaustion overcame him though, and he dozed off to sleep on that busy freeway. The car swerved onto the left side and into oncoming traffic, smashing head on into another car. Megan was killed instantly, flying through the front window and losing her face on the hot tar of the road. Ryan was severely hurt and would never walk again. Both of the twins needed urgent care and were rushed to the hospital.

Layne's mother came into her hospital room to check on her after the accident. "Where's Tara, mom?" Layne asked. Her mother held back tears. "Layne sweetie, Tara is dead..." Her mother said, tears running down her eyes. "That's impossible, Mom. During my operation she was standing right next to me the whole time holding my hand and telling me everything would be alright..."

Layne lived but always felt her sister's presence around her. Ryan dived into depression but is currently seeking help now and Megan's boyfriend... his plane got delayed that night. He wasn't even waiting at the airport.

Thank you for reading this story, I hope it touched you like it touched me. And although I have never had a paranormal experience, I believe in angels, demons, and ghosts.

God Bless!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DemonologistAprentice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
My best guy-friend was killed last September in a drunk driving accident... The only thing we can hope to learn from these is to NEVER drive drunk. I wish more people realized that theyre not invincible.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-07)
oh man, one of my best friends died about 2 weeks ago in a drunk driving accident... Such a waste, one of the worst ways to die... I can only imagine how the boyfriend felt, hearing his girlfriend was killed on the way to the airport to pick him up...

Stories like these are told so often, it seems spirits appear when they are needed the most. 😊
DemonologistAprentice (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
I hoped this story would appeal to a lot of people, I'm glad it did. God Bless! ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
That was a beautiful story, and very touching in very many ways!

It is such a terrible waste when individuals choose to drink and drive, and as your story illustrates, the effect is devastating to all whose lives are touched.

Thanks for sharing,

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
What a terrible waste and dreadful death for that girl!

Thank you so much for sharing your story.
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
I am so sorry for their loss, twins are amazing they are together from the beginning-and they will be together forever.
I have had a similar experience-but it was with my deceased father warning me about the death of my baby. He was right-so I do believe those that were close to us in life-look out for us from the 'other' side. I will post the story soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: