You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon?

 

Hello there! I'm new to this website and want your opinion on this.

My name is Lloyd and I live in Houston, Texas. I'm currently 19 years old.

Well anyway to what happened to me. I was 14 at the time. It was a Saturday. My mother and I were painting my room at around 1pm. Hours later we finished it at 7pm since we had help from my uncle and a couple of his friends (They're carpenters). All that was left was for it to dry. I couldn't sleep in there since there was wet paint. So the windows of it were left open so it could dry. I had to sleep in the couch in the living room of the house. I went to sleep at 10pm.

I woke up at 3-4am I can't really remember the exact time but I know it was around there. I woke up with a weird feeling like you know how it is when someone is watching you. I couldn't go to sleep so I was looking at the ceiling to doze off. After that I felt like my foot was tingly. (The tingly of when your foot falls asleep.) I looked at it. Right after I looked at it my whole body went numb and I felt like this hand choking me. I was freaking out at this time and I tried to call my mom but all I could say was a whisper.

There was this voice in my head that told me, "Are you stupid enough to..." afterwards it was a different language. It was a man's voice. His voice was deep and it seemed like it was mocking me. I was freaking out so I started praying inside my head. After I started praying it left loose and that hold it had on me was gone. I being freaked out I went to my mom's room and I told her. She thought I had a bad dream but I kept telling her I was wide awake throughout the whole thing. She didn't believe me.

I then slept with my mother since I was freaked out. The next night I woke up at 3-4am on the couch again. This time my whole body began to feel weak and my mind was like it was being forced to lose consciousness. (It is different from falling asleep.) That's how I can describe it. I just started praying again and that feeling went away.

It keeps on happening. I keep waking up at around 3-4am and that feeling always comes back. I just pray and it goes away. It's been happening to me ever since that incident that night. I'm 19 now and it still happens. I'm afraid of that feeling any advice on what should I do? I have wondered what would happen if I let that feeling take over.

What do you think of it? Any advice? Sorry for the wall of text. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lloyd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChildofGod (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Read psalm 86 and 91 out loud and leave the bible open to that page and put it beside your bed and say the lords prayer and make a prayer of your own and include in the prayer to cover you and your room under the blood of Jesus Christ. It should help, but you have to do it every night. May God be with you
Daydreamer925 (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
It sounds like it is trying to possess you. Don't let the feeling take over. You say you pray whenever this happens and it stops. Try praying throughout the day out loud in your house. Ask God to keep it away from you and tell it to get out of your house. If you pray and it goes away every time it probably isn't a strong demon. Pray everyday out loud asking God to demand it to go away.
Good Luck
saranghae (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-07)
The same thing used to happen to me last year. It happened 3 times and it was terrifying. Try to put a religious item near you at night. It worked for me, I no longer see that demon. Hope this helps! 😁
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
I believe you Lloyd no one ever believes me when I have the same thing happen to me I may be only 16 but I know all about this.
Love Esther x ❤
ohitsjustademon (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Hi,
I know you posted this awhile ago but I have only just joined this site. Your, for lack of a better word under attack. When it comes to demons there is one thing most people ignore is if you ask a demon to leave it has too. Thus why prayer no matter what religion you are often works. Its a conscious way of asking the demon to leave. You can rid yourself of this annoyance but you need the demons name and this can sometimes be tricky. Best of luck.
MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
Hmmm, interesting. I feel bad for you man! That would annoy me so much if I kept waking up every night around that time just to be bothered by some entity. Get the house blessed or get an exorcist.
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
It was probably just paint fumes. What spirit just shows up, chokes you and then leaves? Don't feel bad about it, stuff like that happens to everyone.
angelofhate (guest)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Need more info. I mean its not likely to just show up and choke you... 😕 Not likely
savedbygrace (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Posting this a bit late since I just found this. Lots of opinions here...

Lloyd, you've seen a doctor and your health is good, so you don't see a physiological reason for this thing to occur.

I would ask you this question: Do you believe that Jesus Christ died for you and that God raised Him from the dead? Yes or No? If yes, then make it a verbal confession of your own by saying it aloud: "I believe that Jesus Christ died for me and God raised Him from the dead." You obviously believe in God. When anyone who believes (not in fairy tales, ghosts, goblins, etc., but in God) prays to God (which you appear to be doing), this phenomena may cease temporarily. But, you don't have to allow this to continue. If you made the above verbal confession/statement aloud, preferably to another person, you are what is called "saved," and you then have the authority to use the Name of Jesus Christ and the power of His Blood against this thing by SAYING ALOUD this when this thing happens again: "I am saved by grace through the Blood of Jesus Christ, and I am a child of the Most High God. Therefore, I take authority over you demon; I bind you in the Name of Jesus Christ and command you to stop it right now, leave me, and do not return." It may try to come back a few times, but just repeat the above each time so the thing knows you understand the authority you have over it in the Name of Jesus. It will NOT take five years to get rid of it. It has no business doing this to you, and it absolutely must obey the Name of Jesus.

Then, find a church to attend - a born again, spirit-filled Christian church is what I recommend - if you don't have one already - and attend regularly. Jesus Christ died/paid the price for the sins of every person and loves every person more than you can fathom. But, you have to receive Him by making such a statement as I've suggested in order to be saved. That's true for everyone on this board and everyone in the world. Salvation and going to heaven do not come because you think your good deeds have outdone your bad ones. There is only one way to heaven and one way to overcome the works of darkness that you are describing.

About seven years ago, I had a real problem with anxiety and fear due to some traumatic events in my life. For a while, fear would come over me, especially when I was trying to sleep or actually asleep, and I would feel like my whole body was being actually paralyzed with fear. It's no coincidence that it happened to me (and to you) most between the hours of 3-4 am. This is when demonic/satanic activity it as its peak. This thing had a real hold on my life, and it took several of weeks of taking authority over it and commanding it to go in the Name of Jesus, but I finally won the battle. Many months later, it tried to come back again, and it was like something was pressing down hard right in the center of my chest. I knew it was a demon/spirit of fear because I had the emotion of fear. I kept verbally saying, "I refuse you, fear, in the Name of Jesus, and command you to stop it and get out of here," several times. It stopped and has never been back since then. So, I do know something of what you are experiencing. Don't put up with it! Some people here are saying just ignore it and some other casual things, but I think they haven't read carefully that this has been happening to you EVERY night for FIVE YEARS, and it's really tormenting you. So, don't put up with it any longer. If you do as I've suggested, you will be free from this thing.

So everyone here knows my stand, I do not believe in ghosts at all, nor in weird paranormal experiences as being some mystical things floating around that people experience now and then, nor in so-called "friendly" spirits, no matter how real they may appear to you. They are all manifestations of demons/satanic activities - including so-called poltergeists, house hauntings, etc. Demons pose themselves as ghosts, cause abnormal spiritual events, etc., in order to deceive you, so that you won't believe they are real. Get a Bible, people; it's all in there. This is serious business. I pray that all of you will see the truth and be blessed and receive the love of God through His Son.:-)

I'll check back to see if this has worked for you, Lloyd. I'm looking for a good report.
thehunter (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
forget it bad things happen to people I doubt this was truly a supernatural occerence its a lot rarer then people think your mind beleives something and it makes it real at least for your body christ is good and all but you can't rely on praying study and fight it latin helps but don't rely on it either truth is things ther are things out there and civilians can't do a damn thing about it
Great_Zombie_Jesus (3 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hey Lloyd,

You huffed a lot of paint that day and fried your brain my friend. I suggest you stay up all night with a bottle of bourbon and some Arnold Schwarzenegger movies to ward off the bad vibes. Quote the movies as loud as possible and drink every time Arnold does something awesome. You'll feel better.

The same goes for the Ghostbuster flicks.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
As you are aware, the ONLY remedy capable of ridding you of this torment is the power of Christ, that demon's arch enemy. There is a time period in the depths of hell, where Satan assembles an army of demon spirits to go out and wreak havoc. Hence, many of the most disturbing and odd things happening at the wee hours of the night. These things are pure cowards, and may do everything possible to gain control of you. However, never give up. I would advise a night of staying up around the same time of the happenings, and adamantly proclaim to the evil spirits that you area child of God, they have no authority over you, hence them having to leave. Ask God to seal you and your household with the blood of Jesus and watch the tension ease.
exorcist81 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Don't let the feeling take over. I have read about the subject of possession and Malachi Martin says that possession begins with a conscious decision, however small, to relinquish control.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well for me it does sound like sleep paralysis. But we must remember that not all of these things go with it. Sleep paralysis can happen to anybody and it all depends on what the body is going through. People who go through a lot of stress have this problem. But it is a little akward when nobody ever had. But it can get you at any time. Something like a flu. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Lloyd,
I have had a lot of similiar occurances myself over a number of years. I am a nurse. I think everyone is quick to scream "sleep paralysis". If all of those people experienced one time what we have they would have a much different opinion! I know the different stages of sleep and I know I was definately awake during my encounters. It is relieving to me that I am not the only one who has been through this.

Thanks for sharing! AllieRN
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Ok. We have 50% Medical and 50% Supernatural. So where do we go from here.
I have some questions.
When you are sleeping peacefully, are you suddently startled awake with your eyes open? Can you see the open living room and the couch? When you are relaxing and trying to go back to sleep while not addressing this issue does the sensation come back where you feel a presence and then something grabbing you and almost like this thing is draining your energy, you slowly get more sleepy and tired but more powerless to do anything about it.

My advice to you is try all of the above, remarks to help you. Why not?

As long as you resolve the issue what does it really matter who has the best solution, I personally do not believe it is the infamous "Sleep Paralysis", why, well, (1) something grabbed you, (2) you heard something say "Are you stupid enough to..."

Take vitamin B complex, which helps promotes mental focus, important for the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood cells.

Sure, try it. Let us know if this helps.
If not, try another route. However, I do not believe when you have the overwhelming feeling come onto you at night, you should just let it take control over you. Fight it, get you body used to pushing through it, just in case it gets worse.

As for myself,

I have this rock on my desk and it reads
"Winners Never Quit, Quiters Never Win", One night while sleeping I woke up to this Rock levitating in the center of my room, floating right in the middle of the floor about five feet.
Yes, I blinked, I squeezed myself and then it moved back to my desk in the corner of the room. Maybe it was sleep paralysis 😁
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Hi Lloyd. This sounds like a lousy thing to go through. When was the last time you went to a doctor about this? When I was 19-20 I had similar experiances, I would wake up every damn morning and it was always between 3:45 and 4:00. I never heard voices but I would sense something near me and it felt evil. I wound up going to several doctors and had a lot of annoying tests done, it turned out to be caused by a physical health problem, and was easy to fix. I suggest going back to your doctor, tell him everything that's going on (don't worry about him thinking youre crazy). You should be certain its nothing physical before deciding its a demon or ghost. Good luck.
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
I agree with ramzey anytime anyone mentions something that happened to the while they were sleeping, lying down, just waking up and so on, people are so quick to scream sleep paralysis! I also agree with enoughghosts try praying before bed and see if that works. Also my last note "everything is not sleep paralysis".
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
if it had been a demon you wold have notised something prior to the first encounter but I don't rule it out becouse as you explain it it loks like the demon can't enter you and that make it mad and if it is a demon it is meny ways of protection but first I need to now if you have had eny strange experienses before and in the period
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Ready for another idea?
I notice in your menu there are no vegetables. Could adding them retore some missing Vitamin B complex? What about your standard 2.99 a bottle local drugstore's generic one-day-day simple multivitamins?
enoughghosts (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
So this happens in your bedroom aswell, that's strange, maybe if you pray before bed and while your going to sleep, or let it go on for abit longer next time, maybe this guy just wants to get through to you.
Bubi xx ❤
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Seems like everyone on this site is obsessed with 'sleep paraylsis'. You all must think 90% of all humans have this problem. Sorry, Lloyd, this just urks the heck out of me! I do hope whatever is happening with you goes away. I will pray for you!
Lloyd (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
I eat pretty healthy. I mean I eat eggs, toast, cereal and juice for breakfast. Lunch is a tuna sandwich or Subway. Dinner is rice, meat and water or sometimes I go to McDonalds. My walls are painted white. My bed is like across from my little brother's bed since we do sleep in the same room. ((My bed) (5 feet) (Lil bro's bed)) It differs from every night. At 3am I wake up with the feeling of someone watching me. This weakness starts to take over and that right there
I start praying and it goes away. The thing is what I've noticed is that this weakness tries to come when I'm not expecting it. It takes over a bit quickly though. It starts from my back or sometimes feet then embracing my body in seconds. That's when I start praying. There has been a few times where I have gotten curious to see what happens if I let that feeling take over. My body goes numb and slowly feels like my mind is slowly giving out on me. Once my body goes fully numb I start hearing somewhat like multiple voices. I can't make the voices out since from what I've heard it's a group of people. The voices seemed to be mocking me. From there I started to get scared and I start praying from there and it faded away. That's as far as I've let that weakness feeling go. I have asked my brother if he's noticed anything around that time and he's said everything is okay. I want to hear your thoughts on this. Anything will help. I'm open to anything right now. I've told people about this but no one really believes me or they look at me weird. I have wondered to see what would happen if I let that weakness FULLY take over though. 2 hours prior when I go to sleep is:
I usually come from my friend's house. We usually play her Wii (The game we play is Wii Sports.) or study if I don't get the subject since we both signed up for the same classes for college. Other than that I check on the computer, eat, shower, and sleep. I rarely watch TV for anything if not it's just the news. (Its 1:30am here right now, I am finishing some essays for class. I'll check in the morning. Good night)
😁
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Lloyd, I need you to list 5-10 things you do 2 hours prior before you go to sleep. Thanks;D

Also, tell me what you drink, eat etc.

I will also need to know how your bed is positioned in your room and the colour of your room.

I can only give you 1 explanation, but it may not be an accurate explanation as to why you're having these episodes.

Carrycat stated that the last thing you read/watch is most likely to have an impact on your dreams.

Well because this "sleep paralysis" is happening to you, I know that the last thing you think about is your "problem". I know it's very difficult to not think about it, but everytime you're awake you're so occupied on doing something else that you forget about your sleeping problem, but when it comes to that time, you freak out because you just remembered, please don't -

Read a book or watch a good comedy show before you go to sleep.

We all dream 4 times in one night, yet only remember 10% of 1 of the dreams - the ones we "remember" I believe are the ones that have a greater impact on our daily lives, yet we just dismiss them. Heck I do, since I'm not a dream interpretor I just don't care - but sometimes I do.

Take care.
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
i think its some kind of sleep paralysis, and maybe the fact that you were tired that night could have made you hallucinate to a certain extent... What were you talking about or reading or thinking about befor you went to bed-i have read that the last thing you read or watch before you go to bed will affect or have an impact on what you dream-
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Lloyd--
Thanks for giving us a fuller picture. You seem in the very healthy range from activites and medical checkups, which is terrific. It is an enigma to understand why you have been stuck with this syndrome.
I'm a classical music fan myself and would choose Mozart or Haydn or maybe harp transcriptions of Debussy and Ravel. Since you do have a favorable belief in God, perhaps you could try something different and go with Gregorian Chant. Wonder if the iPod would still turn off.
Questions: Do exactly the same phenomena occur every night--the same whispered words, the same choking sensation? Is there any variation? Do you always sleep in the same place?
I have more thoughts on this, but will leave them for later, if you wish. Again, I invoke the Prince of Archangels, St. Michael to protect you from evil.
James
Lloyd (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Hello. I read your comment.

The conditions during the five years was pretty normal. I did what a normal kid did.

I played sports during school, had a job, and did pretty good on my grades. B student.

I've tried the music with my Ipod. It does not seem to work. I tried classical since I like that type and its very relaxing to me but I go to sleep with the music then I wake up at that same time but the weird thing the Ipod is off when I wake up. I've been to the doctor and he's told me I'm good to go. I thought it was narcolepsy but he has done tests on me. The one where its inside a dark room and you sleep. They had some things on my head to read the brain activity. The results were normal. I didn't have anything critical affect my life. I go to sleep praying and I know God is with me thinking positive but still wake up at the same time and that feeling comes back. I've taken tylenol PM to sleep it through it but I wake up at the same time and the only difference is that I feel drowsy. The feeling comes back, I pray, then I go to sleep. I'm at the point of giving up right now. I mean what would happen if I let that feeling take over?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
So much of your story is missing. What conditions ruled your life in the five year interim? Your frame of mind, then and now, seems a critical factor here.
OminousNight emphasizes an ambience of soothing music to induce traquillity. Mentalogists also recommend that instead of a negative approach (don't let this happen again, etc.), a positive approach (I am safe, I am protected) is more likely to produce the desired effect. A fellow here recently spoke of devising a "ghost blanket" for protection, along with prayers, as being effective for him. Five years is a long time to be plagued by an unwanted guest. It's time it leaves you in peace, something we all here want for you. May St. Michael the Archangel protect you.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
It would be sleep paralysis, but the thing is, sleep paralysis doesn't happen every so often. The chances of someone getting sleep paraylsis twice is unlikely.

Causes of sleep paralysis;

- Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position
- Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
- Increased stress
- Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
- A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode

You probably experienced sleep paralysis for the first time, due to the environmental change. I.e; your room to the living room, since you were 14 I believe you were somewhat abit scared to be sleeping in the living and felt abit odd.

The fact that it still happens to you now and it's been 5 years is beyond me.

I suggest listening to music while sleeping, you'd forget about things and go into your own fantasy land - Since when you go to sleep, you tend to imagine things, think of your day, hope things to changes etc. And since you're probably freaked out when you go to sleep, you tend to imagine the bad things, demons in your imagination, don't - Change it, heck bloody mary appears in my imagination, I bash the hell out of her, you're obviously still abit scared but feel good and since you're listening to music you'll tend to sleep faster and most likely not wake up until it's actually time.

The only reason why you're waking up early in the morning, is because of your conscience, you are so afraid of this happening again that your body automatically wakes up. Your mind has it's own clock and it is accurate, when you start thinking "please don't happen again, please don't wake up at 3am"

You're basically setting an alarm clock in your own mind - You're stressing out, don't. Forget about it and don't forget, listen to music while you're sleeping.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
If I were you before I started worrying about demons or ghosts I would read up on sleep paraylsis.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: