You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Stomping Feet

Real Ghost Stories

Stomping Feet

 

I posted here about the interaction between my son Cameron and the ghost of a little girl that I saw in the hallway of our house. There is one other aspect to the situation in my house that I want to address, I don't think that it is the same spirit simply because there is sort of brutish feeling here that I don't see in the little girl.

It has happened twice since we moved in that I have observed. The first time I was in the living room, which is right at the bottom of the stairs that leads upstairs to the bedrooms and my office. Then I heard footsteps going up the stairs. This wasn't like the little girl's footsteps these eere heavy, and pounding, like someone stomping their feet. I could hear a heavy breathing sound as I followed them down the hallway, when it reached the door to my office the stomping stopped. Just as I was starting to relax the door started shaking. There was a thumping sound like this force was pounding on the door and the door handle was shaking, I wanted to reach out and open the door but was afraid to touch it. The door opened itself and then slammed shut, and then the sounds stopped. As suddenly as it started it was just gone.

The second time I was actually working in my office when this happened. The first thing I heard was a quiet sound, like a woman crying. I was looking for an explanation for the sound when I heard the stomping footsteps as they came down the hallway. Then the door started shaking and the pounding on the other side of the door. The door swung open and there was nothing on the other side just the empty hallway, I crept forward to peek down the hallway and was nearly hit by the door when it slammed shut.

I am not as concerned with this as I am with the little girl, because this force doesn't seem to have any displayed specific interest in my son, but this is still pretty scary.

Other hauntings by LordRhodium

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordRhodium, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I also have a feeling that it is a family tha is haunting your home. I will read your latest posting now. I hope you have info about your home's history.
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Hi sorry I've been away for a while, I wanted to let people know there have been some developments in the situation and I plan to update as soon as the site allows.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Hi LordRhodium. I believe that Tammy is on the right track here. I to gfot the feeling that this was a family. Mother and daughter. It is very sad. To hear about children stuck in this world. To bad you can't find information about the house. You would find some very interesting things out there. Thanks for sharring your story and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Red:in parapsychology comes to symbolize conflicting emotions ranging from passionate love to warfare. It is often associated with Cupid as well as the Devil.

Religious symbolism:Fire and Blood

In Indian Tradition: it's otherwise called "Sindhura" or "Tilaka" comes to represent strength.

In the ancient Indian practices though (I find this to be very interesting), it stands as a symbol of blood-offering sacrifices to win the favor of Gods!

Whatever the meaning behind the red color of your walls, it may just be a simple color preferrence.
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Thanks for the advice and kind words everyone.

Rhodes: I don't doubt the connection is likely, I have been in contact with a few psychics some of whom say they don't do medium work, one who does said they were willing to pay a visit, until I told them the address, she said "I can't help you," and hung up.

Bruwq: As with Rhodes, a very likely scenario.

Carrycat: A good idea, I will check that, maybe a reason the room has red walls?

Ramzey: Yeah, moving on is the thing I would most like for them to do right about now.

Bellissima: I did ask my landlord, he says he doesn't know anything about the history and just set the rent so cheap because of a history of renters moving out on short or little notice (I can see why). I haven't gone through the belongings, that might be an idea. As for disposing of the items, if the spirits are attached to the house might throwing away their belongings agitate them further?

Tonith: I really appreciate your comments here, I am going to sit down and ask my son if he has seen the girl this weekend, as for finding a different place to live, after the last few tenants had very short stays my landlord decided to make all future tenants (that would be me) sign a one year rental agreement. If I move out now I still have to pay rent for another nine months, otherwise I would have been gone after the first time the door started shaking.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
For the most part it all sounds residual until you get to door knobs rattling. It's one thing to have the sounds but it's another when objects move. That doll reappearing from the attic also tells me this is not only a residual haunting. Your son has never mentioned the little girl and only you saw her so you might be the one that is sensitive. As long as your son is safe and unafraid that's all that matters. With all you witnessed and you are still living there, all I can say is you are not easily frightened. Most people would be looking for another place to live. You seem to be taking it all in stride. Kudos.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Hi LordRhodium. My initial impression was also of a family. You could read a dramatic and sad scenario into it. I just read 'Who's in There' for the first time, I found it really interesting. Have you ever asked your landlord any questions about the house or previous tenents? Maybe there's a reason for the rent being so reasonable. If there are belongings in the attic then maybe you should look through them for some info. These items could have the spirits of the man, woman and little girl attached to them. The little girl seems especially fond of the doll. Since she didn't take any notice of you when you saw her in the hallway, that leads me to think she's a residual haunting. It sounds like the crying woman and stomping feet are also residual.It's like the same little scene replaying itself, none of them are even aware of you. Maybe you could gather the items from the attic and dispose of them together, possibly you could bury them. Depending on your beliefs you could say a prayer or bless them and say a few words for the spirits. If you deal with the things from the attic and get them out of the house, the activity will most likely stop if that's what their energies are attached to. If it's the house they are attached to, it may be the changes caused when you moved in that intensified the activity. I think things will settle down after some time.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Oh goodness, this sounds like a home that is still occupied by a turmoiled family. I agree with the other comments, please try to find out who lived there before. Maybe you can also find someone to help you help these entities move on. It's sad, really.
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
sounds like all the activity by the second entity is concentrated in and around your office-try and find out about past residents and look for clues in your office-secret hiding places loose floorboards, markings of some sort-maybe that will help explain a few things-keep me updated
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
maybe the stomping sound is the sound of an abusing father/husband, I think you should do your very best to find history of that house... Goodluck
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
LordRhodium hi and welcome back.

Reading through your description of these events, I get the distinct feeling that there's some sort of connection between the crying woman and the little girl. I can't say for sure since you have no records of the history of the house but strangely enough, I get the impression that you're dealing with a mother and a daughter.

Try to find any info you can about the house but if you can't then,I'd call a medium to assist me if I were you.

Again, I feel as if a scene from a distand past is playing over and over in your household.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: