You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Car Accident

Real Ghost Stories

The Car Accident

 

My cousin, his best friend and their girlfriends were taking a road trip from California to Wisconsin several years ago. My cousin and his girlfriend sat in the back of the small Honda Hatchback. The next thing he remembered was waking up in a hospital room. His friend and his girlfriend were standing by his side. He asked them why he's the only one injured. His friend said he was the lucky one and smiled at him. His girlfriend said she'd be waiting for him when he gets out. There was a knock at the door and the friend and his girlfriend dashed through the hospital window.

In walked his parents, followed by my parents and me. We were so happy to see him finally awake because they had a real bad car accident. He looked at me and asked if I had seen the others with him. His mother burst into tears. I didn't know how to answer him so I said, "They're in a better place now." He gave me a real confused look and said his friends just came to visit him and that they went through the window. I was real scared, I told him that we were on the forth floor of the hospital and that he was the only survivor. The DR was never able to explain if what he saw was due to his head injury or if he in fact saw it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
wow! That was amzaing! It was truely a beuitful story, do tell more, I would love to hear. It was quite sad though
GIRLIE ❤ 😢
Francois (220 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear kodak,

I fancy this great heart wrenching story; it is good to know that the people you love and care for are still with you even after they have received the touch of death.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother's girlfriend and his other companions that fate filled night. I would like to hear more about the story. Deus vobiscum.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Thank you fro sharing, what a beautiful story! I would venture to say it had nothing to do with the head injury, absolutely nothing. They were letting him know they passed over and where okay, at peace.

I am very sorry for your loss,
God Bless! ❤
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+3
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Who knows for sure, people will say that it was his head injury, yet some people will probably guess the best theory yet.. that his friends wanted to visit him after their death and tell him how lucky he was to have survived. I am glad that his girlfriend visited him, or he would have been crushed to find out they died and probably would have stayed depressed for a while if they hadn't visited him. Whether just a hallucination or a real spirit indeed, it really makes you feel more assured and maybe just a little less scared or sad at the news of a loved one's death. I think that hallucination or real spirit really helped him to realize that the spirits of his loved ones will be happy and always care about him.
Meeki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Man, that's a really sad story. He's lucky his friend and girlfriend visited him. I felt so sad with that part that said he was asking why he was the only one injured and then his friend smiled at him then said that he was the lucky one. It shows that they all care about each other.
CJ (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
Wow, I like this story. It's pretty touching. So, if that was your cousin's bff and gf, than what happened to the other girl? You said, your cousin, your cousin's best friend, and their girlfriendS went for a ride.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: