You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Starting to Believe

Real Ghost Stories

Starting to Believe

 

This story is in no regards to my last one. I just talked to a friend today, who I haven't talked to in quite a while and we got onto the subject of spirits lingering around Tobique.

Well, she told me today that one night she had gotten upset with her ex-boyfriend, so she decided to leave and go for a walk, you know blow of steam and what not. So she went to our Youth Center just to you know, check things out down there, and after a while, she didn't want to be there anymore so she called her ex-boyfriend to meet her, so they can talk.

As they were walking -they had walked about 3 streets from where the Youth Center is, my friend noticed a tall dark man standing under the street light, just standing there, hanging around. So my friend started getting a bad feeling, actually really had in mind what it was that was standing there, she put her head down and kept walking.

A couple seconds later, her ex-boyfriend says to her "watch out, that dog will get you!" She said "what dog, where?!" And then she freaked a bit and told him that wasn't funny, cause she thought he was lying.

He said to her "that dog, right there, under the street light!" She looked, and there it was a dog with a very pointy nose and was black, only to be standing in the same spot as the tall man was, but he was gone, and only the dog stood there.

Needless to say, she freaked more and said come on, to her ex-boyfriend and they walked fast to his place. After she told me this I got to thinking about all the other stories I've heard about this "Tall Man" or "Hooded Person" or "Wa-hunt" which is "Devil" in Maliseet. And he has been seen VERY often on the reserve. And there is this long dark stretch of road I used to walk to get to my house... Alone!

My friend got into telling me another story her ex-boyfriend had told her about that road. He said that when we was walking it alone one night to get home, he noticed someone sitting on the lawn under a tree, of the house he was walking by, and well, it being dark and all, all he could see was a man with a hood over his head.

He stopped and looked at, well whatever it was, and then the Hooded Man, stood up, looked his way, and started running as fast as can be into the woods. He said he hasn't seen anyone or anything other than an animal run that fast in his life! All he could see was tall grass moving real fast, and the Hooded Man disappeared.

He then said that he stood there, in shock, and just listened and he could hear branches breaking in the woods. I've ALWAYS felt that someone was watching me whenever I had walked through there alone.

There are so many other stories about this "Person" that I would love to share. I haven't seen him though, yet. But I do believe in this stuff and I do believe that my closest friends, the ones that said they seen him, did actually in fact see him.

Now the Elders on Tobique say it's a bad spirit and only comes around if something bad has happened, a death or accident, or someone has become ill. I'm starting to believe it may be Wa-Hunt, "The Devil" or an evil Demon spirit, who just happens to be the bearer of bad happenings. What do you think?

P.S

I must throw in, that I am religious and I've grown up Christian, but I do believe in this stuff. Seeing isn't always believing. I just hope I don't ever have to see this thing. But it would help if people had a nich at knowing what this is, or what to do if I ever do encounter this "Person".

Thanks!

Other hauntings by tobgirl22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tobgirl22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
wow... This is too much to grasp... Also this story really freaked me out, plus being its almost 12 in the morning... And very dark, I think maybe I need to not read any more ghost stories! But seems to me, that its something that just wants to make there presence known... Demons just want to scare you, I think... And if your power and faith in god is enough, they can't harm you! They just want you to know that they're there! Good luck hun!

<33Jessica ❤ ❤ ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I believe that shadows are not fully manifeted spirits. Others claim that they are evil and so on but I do believe that they can not fully manifest. They can't get enough energy that is needed. But I have to say that they are scary anyway. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Is there any possibility that the person who is being seen could be there for a rational reason like a homeless person or something? It just seems that the fear in this story seems to stem from many people who have experienced this or that. This could quite easily be contributing to the situation.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi tobgirl and thank you for your story.

I don't know but the image of the shadow running so fast was rather disturbing! I've heard of shadows move fast but I've always invisioned them as incomplete human forms so attributing a non-human characteristic as the ability to move like thunder was never so disturbing but to think of them as human-like figures doing that it's SCARY!
sydjv (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
hey, I think that's kind of creepy but really cool. If it is a "devil" I think someone should maybe pray over the road or something. I'm only 13, but I'm christian, and those kind of things, I think, need to be taken care. But yeah, I agree with you that it would be cool to see it. I believe in these kind of things too!
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Actually, I didn't see it, my friend did. I kind of think so too. And like, the Hooded Person always runs away. So yeah, that's what it could be too. Thanks for sharing that!
iWereWolf (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
I think its a demon,
I did read someone saying about a hooded demon not wanting to be confronted because hes a coward,
Maybe this is the demon your seeing,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: