You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Hypnosis Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Hypnosis Encounter

 

This true encounter once again happened to me while I was living in Bangkok, Thailand. To know a small background about me I would suggest everyone reading my first submit.

I was in the 5th grade at the time. I had a sleepover with two of my friends Mary and Tasha. Now mind you, I was always into hearing ghost stories and what not, but I never did those Ouija boards or seances or anything... Now my friend Mary, was heavy into the paranormal, her house is haunted, and being that strange things always happen in her household was regular to her... Now Tasha, was one of my other friends, was the total opposite of Mary. She just liked staying up talking about school, and didn't like the talk of the paranormal.

So it was around 2am when we all became bored and Mary suggested we play a hypnosis game. So here we are, all three of us sitting on my bed looking at each other. I told them I didn't want to really take part in it but just wanted to watch, so Tasha said she will be the one that was to be put to sleep while Mary was at the coach. Tasha lay straight on my bed while Mary sat Indian style with Tasha's head lying on her legs with a pillow underneath it.

Mary takes her fingers and places them on Tasha's temples and starting telling her she is getting sleepy. At first Tasha gusted out laughing and so did I because Mary was getting serious and we just weren't buying it.

After 20 minutes of sudden outbursts of laughter, Tasha started feeling pretty sleepy. Mary started counting from 50 and by the time she got to 0, Tasha was pretty sleepy. But we were talking to her as she was sleeping. We asked her what she saw, she said she saw green grass extremely tall like she was on a farm, then she said oh no, a storm is coming. Now mind you Tasha's eyes are closed of course but they are moving as if she is either dreaming or really there.

We then asked what was wrong because we can see her eyes moving rapidly, she said dark clouds were coming like it was going to storm. Then she started shaking. Mary said "what's wrong- what do you see?" Tasha said "Someone is chasing me and every time I turn back it gets closer!" So I'm like dead silent just looking and Mary tells her not to look back and run to a church. "There should be a church near by and a priest waiting for you".

Tasha said she saw the church and she was running as fast as she can, by the time she said she got in the church she said the priest closed the doors. By this time she started crying and kept saying omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!

Mary and I are looking at each other and we both said "What's wrong? What do you see?" Tasha then said the priest's eyes were turning red and blood was coming out of his eyes... I didn't like how this was turning because I knew for a fact Tasha was not faking the whole thing because I started tickling her feet because she was extremely ticklish so I can see if she was bul*ting us... But no reaction she was still trembling and crying. That's when I couldn't take it anymore, so I shook her and told her it's a dream get out of it!

Everything was extremely still for 3 minutes. Tasha was still laying there with her eyes closed but this time she was just silent eyes closed with no movement. Mary at this time was still in Indian style position with Tasha's head on her lap. She was calling her name "Tasha...Tasha? Tasha is everything ok?" Tasha said "Who is Tasha? This isn't Tasha..." she said in a low monotone voice.

Mary and I looked at each other and I started shaking my head to stop, but Mary said who are you? Tasha (or whoever was in Tasha) said "Who do you want me to be? I am what you cannot see, unless you want to see me."

By then I couldn't take it anymore. I slapped Tasha in her face to wake her up, she shot straight up started screaming at the top of her lungs, ran out my room, down the stairs and out my apt. door. We had to run after her because by then it was a little after 2:30am and my parents were asleep and so was the whole building.

She didn't want to go back into my house, but after we calmed her down she came back in the apt with us, I kept on asking her what happened? Why did she run out like that? She said she felt as if something put a hand over her mouth so she couldn't say anything, but she could feel her mouth moving but she wasn't the one who was speaking. After all this I was like ok well let's all go to sleep because I've had enough.

A week went by and I went up to Tasha to ask if she was fine and she said yes why wouldn't she be? So when I asked her if she remembered what happened that night she gave me a still look and said she doesn't remember anything. Tasha never spent the night at my house ever again. I'm still friends with Tasha and Mary to this day, but Mary and I still talk about the encounter that happened but Tasha on the other hand doesn't recall anything.

I just want to let everyone know that if you have small kids please don't let them watch any kind of scary movie that they can imitate like for instance "The Craft". Some young kids actually try to rein act those things and they sometimes get the surprise of their life. And back then by me being so young I felt it was harmless but I've had my days back then and happy to say it was back then.

That was the last time I ever participated in hypnosis, or any type of thing that did or could deal with spirits.

Other hauntings by vanelle22

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vanelle22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kevinizer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-04)
Hi Vanelle.

I'm impressed by how well you remembered this story of yours. Must've been quite the event. But anyways, you guessed, there is very much to learn from this story.

A few years ago, my mother had the same type of experience as your friend Tasha, with just different factors, but same thing in whole. The common experiences were: being asleep, dreaming, suddenly being pursued by an unknown entity (or shadow), running away from it, finding a protector, final stage: waking up.

My mother was sleeping at night, it was around 2-3 am. My father came back home with a few friends after a party, and through the process let in a spirit/ghost that had followed them, into our house. This spirit then headed to the bedroom and found my sleeping mother and attempted to take my mother into possession like the spirit that took over Tasha. Only difference is, my mother found the protector in her dream, whereas your friend Tasha got caught that night (didn't reach church in time/ lost fight vs spirit)... AND SHE WAS PRETTY LUCKY! I mean she got caught in her dream and when that happens you become possessed for a certain amount of time in the real world, by the entity that caught you. But as she was being possessed, I guess the spirit was kind enough to think: "Hey, those are 5th grade girls, I'm not going to hurt them; just say hi." But any spirit that takes over a body is to be considered a threat. The spirit Tasha encountered was bad but indulgent, for a spirit that takes over a body can pretty much do anything it wants with it afterwards.

This is why you should understand if Tasha doesn't even recall remembering anything about this. I'm pretty sure she remembers absolutely everything, she just DOESN'T WANT to talk about it; or who knows, maybe her mind automatically created denial towards this event ever happening, and maybe it is best for her today to live with the thought that she has never been possessed. Because she has been. In 5th grade. If she doesn't remember - 'we can understand'.

Another thing I'm saying is, obviously, you don't even need to be hypnotised, as long as you're asleep you can go through the experience of being possessed. Sorry if that sounds kind of creepy, but yes, ghosts appear in our dreams. In dreams, people speak to their family members that passed away. So while asleep, people can communicate/interact with spirits. And to be honest, I can't tell you what are the other 99% things you can deduce from your own dreams, but I think there's a whole humungous lot. But since you live in the US now, you shouldn't be too creeped out. I still live in Bangkok, and my house is equal to a church when taking into consideration all the protection I put in. I've never been possessed. Not many people have.

But, when your dream suddenly turns into turmoil, and an unknown person starts pursuing you for no reason at all, and your dream feels really awkwardly real... Run. That's the important message to learn from Tasha. I would also advise never looking back. Never look back, because everytime you do, it gets closer. Just run. That's all the advice I can give to people who want to know how to counter the event of being possessed while asleep.

There are also many ways for a spirit to enter an alien body besides conquering a sleeping body, but asleep is when it mostly happens for we, the living beings are most vulnerable to spirits when asleep. It's a naturally known fact. People waking up and seeing a ghost beside them, and such. It happens. People feel vulnerable when dealing against something they don't know and it's hard to make the difference between paranoia and reality, but when we are truly threatened, courage is the key. Run, and never look back is what must be done in this kind of dream. That sentence is what my whole text is about. If you can successfully find protection in the dream, you instantly wake up, and have successfully... Exorcised yourself.
vanelle22 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hello everyone, I've been out and about but here are some answers for everyone...

Senseye-Thank you... Yes this happened when I was extremely young... I'm now 23 and living back in the states.

Biemaster-The slumber party was at my house... The reason why I said that Mary's house was haunted was because so you can get a small info about her. She lived in her house for so long that she was use to anything that would freak me out... So that was why I said hey sleepover at my house cause I knew I was going to have a heartattack if we slept at her house.

Chris B-If you were only there to witness what I seen... Defenitely scary, something to this day I could never forget... I couldn't even sleep in my room for over a week after that happened.

KimSouthO-I never seen a hypnosis thing with a paranormal twist in any movie... It was mary's idea to play the game, and I never did it before neither did Tasha, I just thought we were going to put Tasha to sleep and tell her to do dumb things like ask her questions like if she had a crush on so and so... But Mary's game was new to me so that's why I just sat beside her and watched... I don't really like participating in things I haven't done before... Especially if its with Mary lol cause she has a slight creepy side towards her.

Thanks for reading one of my many events... We also did another different game before this one... But I try not to think about it, cause when night time hits Its hard for me to sleep... So when I suck it up I will definitely post.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I have heard of this kind of hypnosis. Back when I was in high school, my friends and I participated in a session. It was interesting but not really paranormal. Enjoyed the story! 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
hmmmmmmmmm, while I agree persons of a certain age should not be allowed to watch parcticular shows because the suggestion to try some of these things them selves if to much, I am just very cuious about ths hypnosis thing. Was this what you witnesed in a movie? Did all three of you see it in a movie?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well I never heard of a story with hypnosis like this bfore. Found it very scary. Thanks for posting it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Whoa! This was the first "Hypnotic" story I have heard or read on this site! There must be millions but this is the first one I am reading! I really liked this story and is definately going to my favorites! One thing, was the slumber party in your house or Mary's? I am asking you this because if it was in Mary's house, then it might have been a demon or a ghost (because you said Mary's house is haunted) who had possessed your friend Tasha. Please keep informing us about more encounters!
Biemaster
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
this is very interesting story, I have watch the craft and yes we did imitate everything from that movie even their clothes. We created our own new world and it was silly, 10 years ago I have been trying different things, I'm so glad God still took care of us. Your story reminds me of my younger years and its very interesting...

Hope to hear from you again!
TC

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: