You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Shape Shifting Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Shape Shifting Ghost

 

For a while now I have felt a male presence at night usually when I'm by myself. I have only physically seen him a few times. He's pretty much been in my life since I was about 7 or 8 years old. When I was 7 I moved in a nice neighborhood and about 2 years later I moved into the house 2 doors down for about 5 years I then move to a different city and when I was in a different city for almost 2 years he never bothered me. All of a sudden I live in the first neighborhood when I first met him but on a different street, but his encounters are a lot worse and scarier.

For the first time about 1-1 1/2 months ago he finally came to me while I had my boyfriend staying over and he's never come to me while someone else was in my presence. I told my boyfriend (B) that I knew someone was going to be in the backyard that night and it was going to be a guy dressed all in black and kind of tall, but I never described what the guy would look like. Sure enough I manage to stay asleep all night because I felt safe that B was there and he wakes me up early that morning at around 7am telling me that he saw a tall guy dressed in all black.

A few weeks ago "he" comes goes into my backyard again and made it super windy in just my backyard and nowhere else around the house and "he" somehow flashed really bright lights around in the backyard but when I looked there was nobody there except for a bunch of leaves and sticks in a really weird shape coming toward the window I was looking out of. I freaked out and closed the curtains and then "he" started banging on every window in my room and I have 10 windows in my room that go outside all to the backyard. When I was younger he would show "himself" as a dark shadow or manipulating objects.

Exactly a week later I was in a very deep sleep which rarely happens and all of a sudden I felt as if I was wide awake and "he" was a posed as a short chubby man floating around and the backyard light went out which made my room go completely pitch black. (The backyard light ensures to me that everything will be fine and helps me feel safe at night even though it only casts a light glow into my room so I can just barely see everything in my room).

All of a sudden I see "him" standing outside one of my windows laughing at me and I try to scream for help but nothing comes out, so I try to grab my cell phone on my night stand next to me but I can only move in very slow motion and for some reason there's some sort of invisible barrier around my bed so that no matter what, I cannot even so much as stick a finger off the side of my bed. Next thing I know I'm staring at "him" in the face and "he" laughs even harder and then gives a horrible shrill and I start to have a panic attack. I wake up and sure enough I really am having a panic attack but the backyard light is on.

One week ago "he" came back and B was staying at my house again. Just as we were getting ready for bed I'm in the bathroom getting ready for bed and B heads to my bedroom. Before I can open up the bathroom door B is knocking on the door to see if I'm in there. I assured him I was in there the entire time and he tells me about how he saw a ghost about my height with blond hair and light colored eyes and how she just stood there looking at him and then just dropped to the floor on the other side of the bed.

At first I was freaking out thinking it was "him" and that he somehow found a way into my room. Next thing I know as we're sitting on my bed with the lights on, I feel "him" standing outside the window right behind me and he's REALLY pissed off. But yet I felt a gentle female presence that's very familiar. Sara is her name. She's been with us since before I was born and has been watching over us for years and we openly let her stay with us everywhere we go and let her do as she pleases as long as she doesn't do anything bad or cruel (which she never has.)

I tell B about her really quick and she shows herself to me for a few seconds by sticking her head out of my vanity and letting me know her really was her. But "his" presence was becoming unbearable and B and I told him to go away many times and to never come back and that "he" was never welcome here at my house ever again. "He" eventually left but he didn't go very far away from the house.

Just last night "he" came into my dreams as a little boy and gave me that same wicked smile and laugh that "he" always gives me. I don't remember much of the dream but I remember the voice he used. I immediately awoke. Surprisingly I didn't have a panic attack when I awoke either because I tend to have them whenever "he" comes into my dreams both day and night.

I look over on the floor next to my bed... And there "he" was as the little boy. He put on his scary smile and said, "Hey!" afterwards he had that same wicked laugh. I was so scared and freaked I turned on my light ASAP hoping he wasn't there.

Of course now I always sleep with a cat in my room to notify weather or not there really is something in my room or outside. To my horror my cat saw "him" too. There she was next to me hissing at where "he" recently was sitting on the floor. I was told to never use my back door or windows because that is now where "he" stays in my backyard. And my grill is in the backyard so I have people go in and out of the back door constantly when we're using it.

I was even told by that the door and windows must never be used, but if I do used them they must only be used when it is bright out or during a thunderstorm because "he" refuses to come during a thunderstorm because I find them relaxing.

I often have fears that one day I might be physically attacked by "his" presence. I only want "him" to go away and to never return ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jscrazygrl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kazaka (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
To answer your question plainly, yes, ghosts can shapeshift.
So, yes, that ghost who was the little boy was "him" aswell.
The ghost can't do anything to physically harm you. Just remember that and you'll be alright, always.

Those who worship light will tell you falsehood as they have no clue as to what you should do to get rid of him.

Learn to meditate and you can learn how to become more powerful than this novice ghost, which you call "him," as he is actually farely weak. His only powers are to make you feel bad.

Just ignore him and he'll go away.
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
onix9009 there are to. Many hauntings are because the past on person had something important to do or get out. There have been reports of ghosts warning someone of things that have saved their life. Some only chanter until their murder was caught. Not all spirits are evil in nature. Quite a few of the ones that are were vengeful due to their murder or something very special that was taken or someone close to them taken. There are many many types of things going on not yet explained. In some cases that never will be. But in the end their not all bad not all are out for revenge that's more just movie crap and not real life. In this case its not attention it wants something the male thing wants something and the other is there to stop it. Anything else that could be said is mere speculation. I would imagine the to specters linked somehow assuming their ghosts and not something else. Many things out their in the dark that we have yet to understand and in the end perhaps best not known.
onix9009 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Ok miss number one... There is no good ghosts that lady ghost is not good. Why do you keep looking out your window at night fair enuff if the light turns on you have to look but stop looking for that ghost its feeding of your attention its says in the bible to not look for ghosts to me it sounds like your constantly talking about it to other people you have to stop thinking about them ghosts. Even them ones you thinks ok, seriously... God bless you hope your doing ok:)
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
you said this girl looked like you, maybe shes an ancester of yours, and this "him" was her lover or something she betrayed or somehting like that and since you look like her he maybe wants revenge or something... Dunno, reserch some stuff on the girl, if she was there long before him is probaby ther ebecause of her
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi jscrazygrl, if you are interested in an investigation let me know our swFla ghost hunting group would be willing to come out and do an investigation (free of course) and advise you on what is going on. E mail me if you are interested
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well I have to say I did find this story a little scary. I don't want to comment on it to much but I liked reading it. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
At first I thought you might have been suffering from sleep paralysis. It sounds like you might have a "familiar" trying to gain entrance into your life. I'm not a priest, but if you live in the west central Florida area, I can do a blessing for you with olive oil after September.

I don't know if I am blessed or unfortunate that I have never encountered or felt any of the spooky things that people here have experienced. It isn't for lack of trying. I have been to supposedly haunted places and taken ghost tours and NOTHING... When my friends and I were kids, out of ignorance we played Bloody Mary and NOTHING... Then when I was in my teens, I got an Ouije Board and tried it with my best friend and NOTHING...
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
If you want him to go away, maybe you should ask a preacher for some help. Keep a black tourmaline close to you. It helps reflect negativity. A ghost can possess while someone is awake... I suppose they can possess while being asleep too. Have faith that you are stronger and tell it to leave you alone in the name of the Lord. Have faith, hon. It will leave, but it will take patience, hard work, and time... Good writing skills, btw!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi, I think you should ask him what he wants or what do you want me to do so you can leave me alone. If you haven't try that already. Then if Sara talks to you or has a way of talking to you and Sara know about " him " maybe Sara can talk to "him" and ask "him" to leave. Also it may help if you give "him" and name. Because he might be a little mad about not having a name. Name him Jack,Jamie,Ray,Frank,some thing like that. Also if I'm not right all these things started when you moved into a houes that was your 1st place you lived but on another street. And when you got your boyfriend. Well him is maybe mad because you get away for a long time and just came back. When you might have say "we might not come back" and you did. Well ghost can have strang feelings. Also it could be he does it like your boyfriend, like he could be trouble. Not that I have never meet your boyfriend and not that the ghost has ether but remmeber ghost can have strang feels. He most likey trys to scare you when your are alone because his just mad at you because your not lisning. Also you could been bring in ghost (it is going to take to long to type what I mean) so your " him" is not changing shape.
GIRLIE 😁 (:
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Thats horrible! 😲 You should probably tell someone about this demonic spirit.

So, it was a extremely tall, black figure, that could shape shift? Sounds very familiar to what's happening to me...

About the backyard lights and when you couldn't move. That might of been sleep paralysis.

What about Sara? Does she know "him"?

Anyways, try getting a priest to bless the house or try it yourself. All you need is a prayer, a white candle, holy water, and another person to help. You can bring B if you want.
Making your own holy water has many theories to it if you look it up on the internet. Try getting one from a priest. If you can't, take a small bottle, and fill it with 1/3 of salt, and the rest with water. Two theories are to shake it, and say a prayer or to leave it next to a sunny window from 6-9, 9-12, or 12-3.
This explains if you want to bless the house yourself. Sprinkle holy water on the boundaries of your property while saying your prayer with the person carrying the lit white candle near you. Do the same at every door, window, and opening to a new room. When you say your prayer, include the names if Jesus, Holy Father, God, etc., and say your prayer in a firm voice.

Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: