You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was it Clara Barton?

Real Ghost Stories

Was it Clara Barton?

 

A long time ago when I was 7 I went to Clara Barton's house near D.C. I was with my mom, my brother, my godmother, and her boyfriend.

When we got to the house we knocked on the door and a lady came and opened the door. Of course since I was only 7 I could see under the lady's elbow, and while the lady was still holding the door and talking to adults I could see inside the house.

I saw another lady leaning on the wall. I think she was looking at me or at all of us. She had in some kind of dark (greenish, maybe) clothing and I think her hair was black or something of that kind of color.

I only got to see her for a second because the lady at the door moved her elbow and when she moved it back to where I could see into the house, there was no lady there anymore. How could she be there one second and be gone the next I though to myself. So I told my mom what I saw. She told me to tell the tour guide (who was the lady at the door) when the tour was over.

When the tour was over I did tell the tour guide about what I saw, but the tour guide said that there wasn't another woman there. I told the guide that the other woman ran very fast. Then the guide's face changed from ok to scared. She said she'll be right back.

After a little while the guide came back with another woman. She asked me if this was the women I saw. And right off I said no. The woman the guide brought said that she was in the basement the whole time and she didn't even know there were people here.

Was the woman telling the truth? If so, was it Clara Barton? There is a little proof to think it might be Clara.

Clara was in the army, helping out with the wounded, and the lady I saw was in front of the space the guide said Clara kept bandages.

Could it have been my guardian angel? Or it may have not been even anything. If you can help or even better tell me who or what it was I would be grateful.

As for me, I think I did see a ghost and her name is Clara Barton.

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
thanks for the pic Fuchsia, it be quite a few years now, sense I saw her, the hair looks right though, and I think she was in her younger form when I saw her, because I got the feeling she wasn't very old like in the pic you sent. But thank you all the same.
Ghostlover13: don't b scared of ghost. I seen about 2 in my life time. Each one I was never scared, I didn't even realized what I was seeing until it was over. But they can't hurt you. Be glad you can see them, most people would love your gift, so should you.
GIRLIE ❤ 😉 😁
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Hi Girlie!

I think you really saw Clara. I googled her for you and you might want to take a look at this:

Http://www.nursingdegree.net/wp-content/uploads/2.jpg

Blessed be! ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
That must have been scary for a 7 year old! All my life (im 14) I have been experiencing ghost, and it is not the best!

Hope all is well! 😁

(In the beginning, I thought it said "A long time ago when I WAS SEVEN I went to Clara Barton's house near D.C. I was with my mom, my brother, my godmother, and MY BOYFRIEND. Haha. 😊)
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Hey thanks a lot for your comments. I really hope to hear from you guys again soon.
GIRLIE 😁
Dreamer_ (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I like this story a lot. Everyone knows 7-year-olds have active imaginations, but I think it was Clara Barton. Wouldn't be very cool if Clara is your guardian angel. If she was leaning on the wall she must feel at home. 😆 Thanks for sharing your experience
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Your own experiences of the supernatural is not seen by others, but they will believe you if there is some historical proof about that haunting.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
What you think and feel are what matters most in these situations. You were there, you saw the woman and you know how and what you felt.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

God Bless!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I thank you peoples for posting your comments. I really do think I saw Clara. And I hope I did. Thank you again from,
GIRLIE. 😁 (:
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well I like stories like this. I tend to believe stories written from the past then the ones that happened last night. I don't know why but... I think that sice you were young it was easier for you to pick up things. This time you picked on a spirit. Children tend to see more then adults and I actualy believe you saw Clara Barton. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
sydjv (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
i feel it might have been Clara too because it would be very rare that what you saw was just a lady standing at the place where clara kept her bandages. To me it's not just a coincedince.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
For some reason and despite the insufficient evidence to support the argument, I too think what you saw that day was Clara Barton.

She clearly was not one of the guides or any other guest, she vanished into thin air, she leaned against the wall with the ease of someone feeling at home and near the spot she kept her bandages as a nurse.

What more do we need to make a "safe" assumption?

Thank you for sharing the experience, girlie 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: