You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grampa's Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grampa's Haunted House

 

This story took place in my grandfather's house. First of all, let me tell you about the house and the people who lives in it. The events I'll be mentioning today took place after the year my grandfather died in the year 2001.

The house is 2 stories and it has 2 rooms, 2 washrooms, a living room, and a kitchen in the first floor. Then on the second floor there's 5 bedrooms, a washroom, and a living room. There's also 2 stairs at each end of the hallway in the second floor.

The only people who live in this house are my uncle (in the first floor), my brothers, my mom, 2 of my mom's friends, and me. My and my brother's room is close to the stairs and my mom's is across us beside the play room (were a collection of toys are). These events happened to me at the ages 7-12 years.

I'll start on the time were all the weird things started. I have a skeleton mask that covers the whole head not just the face. I used to scare my family with that mask at night for my own entertainment until it was taken away from me when one night I went down to see my uncle.

I had my mask in my hands. I just went down to give him something that my mom was lending him for something that my mom could then borrow (sorry I don't remember what it was that I gave my uncle). In exchange my uncle gave me a suitcase.

It was heavy for my weight so I left the mask in the chair. Neither my uncle nor I remember where I left this. Well anyways, I somewhat forgot to pick up the mask cause of my curiosity to see what's in the suitcase.

Well next day in the afternoon, my uncle came to me after his work time and told me this. When he woke up for his early morning work and got out of his room he saw my skeleton mask on my grandfather's rocking chair and it was rocking by its own! Plus the mask was facing forward the direction the rocking chair was facing.

My uncle freaked out and he thought I was playing pranks with him that morning.

What I told him was that I even forgot about the mask and did not remember it until the time he mentioned it. Well in the end he ends up telling me that he burned the mask after the day he told me about this. It was creepy.

This next one will be a small experience. I really can't tell if this is a work of a ghost. Anyways, it was in the morning when my family went to buy food in the grocery store. Well my mom's friends who live with us were at work. Same goes for my uncle. So I was home alone.

So I went and watch television. I was going to the washroom to take a leak but I got delayed because my room lights were open. So I turned them off. Then I got out of the washroom and went back to watch television. The lights in my room were on again! It was weird. At that time I didn't get scared cause I thought it was just normal. But thinking back it felt like something turned them on.

Another experience (I find this one funny and stupid) happened in the play room one morning when everyone in my family was still asleep. I was having a good dream until I woke up from the music that was played by the merry go round music box in the play room. (It can be heard from all the rooms because each room has small windows on the top wall). Frustrated and all I went back to sleep ignoring it.

As it became irritating I woke up yet the 3rd time and punched my brother for no reason. When everyone was awake that morning, everyone was talking about the music playing in that room. When my mom went there to investigate she found that the music box didn't even have any batteries. So how did it play?!

Another one happened with me and my brothers. We have this game console (PS one). Well, my brother and I play with this game called "Unholy War" all the time. We went to sleep and everything was turned off in the living room. We would hear something similar to the background music of the game and the battle effects in the game. It was weird that we would hear it at this time and no one else outside. This happened a number of nights.

Then when we actually have the guts to look what was happening in one night. The music and effects will stop the moment we open our room door. Then when we go back to our beds the music and effects wills start again in the next 4 or 8 minute after. Either we're hallucinating or it's a work of some ghost.

This other experience only happened with my little brother. At night he would wake me up and tell me that someone was going up and down the stairs because it was driving him crazy. He's the one sleeping near the wall where the stairs were.

I would tell my mom about this every morning. She would usually say that he's just imagining it because no one else would go up and down the stairs at that time. So I left it at that and on other nights when he would wake me up, we would just switch places to see if I can experience this but it never happened.

Well that's all for my story in that haunted house for now. Thank you for reading this. I appreciate if you comment or ask questions. But let's keep them appropriate. Thank you again!

Other hauntings by Darj

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ahdonis (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
why don't you ask a priest to blees your house again if it was already blessed
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Freaky mask. Your uncle is right in burning it. Stops you from making pranks and stops another possible haunting. 😉

Maybe the house has a history. You may want to look it up or research on it. Its possible that its also a family that lives there before (if you were not the first occupants of the house/land). Might even be a family as well, that's why there's also someone playing on your toys/gadgets. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading it. 😊
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
That mask experience freaked me out... T_T scary. Specially since I'm reading it at 2am... TT_TT
Darj (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
lol currently I am 16 now 😉 so yeah just felt like sharing this to you guys because this felt like an awesome experience to me
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well Darj senes your grandpa is died it's not back breaking any more so his so happy about that, that he is walking up the stairs. Then again it could be another ghosts.
GIRLIE 😁 (: 😜
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
okay-so I might have been your granpa-but nothing seriously diturbing, you said this occurred between the ages of 7-12-how ols are you now
Darj (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Girlie...all I know from my grandpa is that he liked the rocking chair. I just learned from my mom and dad that there is more than one ghost haunting the house. There's my grandma for once who died when my dad and his siblings were still a teenager. From any other more ghost in that house, I never know. Also my grandpa hates going up the stairs because its back breaking he usually would say. But thx for the comment I appreciate it 😊
themexican (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Yo that story rocks, I loved it and I think that you made it up NOT! So good story
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
HI,I have some?. The rocking chair the mask was on, did your grampa like to rock in it. And did your grampa like to keep lights on. Also did your grampa use to play that game that you and your brother played. And one more did your grampa ues to get nervous and walk up and down the stairs. What I'm getting that is all the incident could be your GRAMPA. Think about it, it could be true

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: