You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Remembering Grandpa's Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Remembering Grandpa's Doll

 

Note: (g) cousin = 14 year old cousin/ (b) cousin = 20 year old cousin

This started on Saturday. We all went to my grandma's place for dinner, since she was cooking a big meal, and all she decided to throw a get-together.

I got there at 5:30pm and dinner was still being cooked, my family was the first one there. So I was bored, since my cousin didn't arrive yet and nothing good was on FOXTEL. Anyways it was 6:15pm when they arrived and I decided to tell a story to my cousins I've read on this site and about dolls and stuff.

As I was telling the doll stories and was half way, my cousin interrupted asking "ooh remember grandpa's doll?" I laughed and said "yeah, where is it?"

Now a little background information on why we were sort of freaked out when ever we were in the presence of this doll.

When my cousin was younger, his family lived with our grandparents, so he was living with the doll. He and his sister who is 6 years younger then him, shared a room.

One night when he was sleeping, he woke up in the middle of the night to see the doll standing at the foot of his bed (The doll is about the height of a 2-4 year old) and being 13 at the time he obviously thought there was a logical explanation as to how the doll got there. He got up and grabbed the doll and threw it outside of his room cause it creeped him out.

When he woke up the doll was at the foot of his sister's bed but its hands were up like a zombie's. When my cousin saw it, he again came up with another logical explanation that his mum, grandma or aunty or whoever placed it in their room when he got out of bed, he kicked the doll and sarcastically said "oops".

It was almost lunch and my cousin and his sister were sitting on the couch watching TV, my cousin heard a little girl's voice saying "I don't like you".

Thinking it was his sister turned around and said "Do I care?" his sister then looked up with a mouth full of cookies looked confused and said "what?" and spitting crumbs on her big brother.

He got up and to go to his room which he has to pass his grandparents' room which the doll is usually in. As he was walking he saw that the doll was in there, he proceeded towards his bedroom, took out his toy cars and came back out turn around to look at the doll, the dolls head turns towards him, he shudders and bolts down stairs, yelling to his mum and grandma about what he just saw. Obviously to them this was absurd and that it was the result of too much video games.

Back to the present:

Remembering that story, we decided to go upstairs and look at the doll-now my cousin is 20 turning 21, his sister 14 turning 15, and me 19. All three of us going upstairs, and luckily there was light and my aunty was in her room already so we did hesitate going upstairs.

Now mind you a lot has changed over the years, my grandparents' room is now my uncle and his wife's room. My uncle sold his house to live and take care of his mum and during the time his dad (my grandpa) was ill with lung cancer.

So as we got up there of course. I was smiling and feeling a bit scared and making "woo" noises. When we got to my grandma's room I turned on the lights and went "aahh!" (but not loud) I heard my cousin step back and I laughed my (b) cousin pushed me in and I shuddered and ran back out-we all laughed.

When we got in, I felt uneasy, unwanted, "err I don't think this is a good idea now" I said while looking around the room and back to the doll.

"Why?" asked (g) cousin, "I dunno, I just have a bad feeling and right now I'm feeling, UUUHH! The doll JUST LOOKED AT ME!"

We ran outside and my (b) cousin asked if I was serious. I said I didn't know but it sure looked like it. My (b) cousin said to go back in and asked why I turned off the lights, I responded saying that after what I saw, you still want go back in? He then replied saying that I didn't know what I saw and to check it out again.

Anyways, we went towards the room and I turned on the lights peeked in and the doll was gone.

"The doll's gone" I said in total shock.

"What?" my (g) cousin said, "the DOLL IS GONE!" I yelled and ran out-now the lights were still on when we ran out and so when my aunty came out downstairs and asked who left grandma's light turned on, we said that we did, and she said to turn it off. Terrified we told our aunty what happened and she told us not to be stupid.

Anyways, we went upstairs again, this time sort of hesitating. When we finally got upstairs, the doll was sitting on the bed facing towards us, we were all freaked and I just got down right pissed. I stormed into the room grabbed the doll and threw it outside the room.

I walked back out and with the doll lying on the floor walked up to it and in a sarcastic foreign accent said "aww what's dar marta, nor pow-wah?"

My cousins and I laughed and I kicked the doll, grabbed it and started slapping it and saying "bad baby, bad baby!"

I threw it on the floor again and it started playing this freaky music, we all stepped back in shock and thought that because I threw it, it started playing automatically, I picked it up and saw that there was no batteries inside... In fact this doll isn't even battery OPERATED!

We freaked out, I kicked the doll back into my grandma's room and we all fled down stairs.

Stupid DOLLS! I HATE THEM!

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dorothy9998 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
moast old dolls creep me out and this story creeped me out... Man I don't know why but I just love reading haunted doll stories but I just do like to read them and I have had like 5 paronormal things happen to me... Oh well
Bella199967 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
When the doll said "aww what's dar marta, nor pow-wah?" I think it meant to say "Aww what's the matter, no power?" as in you can't kill it or hurt it and from the years it been "alive" it must have not talked in a while so it's getting back to talking. I'm also afraid of doll's because I feel like their alive and I get a feeling from it as if it's a real person. And my mom has a life sized native american doll and she wanted to put it upstairs right next to my room but I insisted her not to, I had an eerie feeling from the doll but it never did anything bad or anything.
Darizuka (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Burn it?
Shoot it repetitively until its nothing more than lil pieces?
Explode it?
mzih8u (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
maybe its the same thing that messed with you and your cousins at your grandmas house with the prank calls and all of that.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
It seems as if there's a spirit that can't be seen that is behind the doll making it move its limbs and arms and propping it up to gain your attention or the spirit enjoys scaring you adn gets a kick out of peoples reactions using a doll as a prop
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
My mom has a creepy doll and it always gives off a horrible stench. Also it gives you a creepy feeling. One more thing.I've always hated dolls.They're really creepy.
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I once had this life size doll that I liked at first but it kind of creeped me out. I always had her standing in the corner next to my toy box. But when my cousins came over, they started to beat her and rip her limbs off and stuff. I was kind of sad, but then I joined in the "killing" until she was completely pulverized. That night, I had a really bad nightmare about her. I think we reassmbled her and gave her to charity after that!
princezz122 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
this quote "aww what's dar marta, nor pow-wah?" was so damn funny! And dolls can be very creepy that's why I always tell my younger sister to give away her dolls it creeps the hell outta me.
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-19)
Ugh I hate dolls. I'm trying to get my sister to stop palying with them but she doesn't listen.
I've had a similar experience. Ever since then I've been deathly afraid of them. 😨
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Ominousnyxx, thanks for sharing that. Interesting and who knows - something sinister was probably watching you from that picture of the little girl if it made you and your friend feel unwell. I find that even pictures of myself and relatives are creepy. Stuff animals, too.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Oh god, "ohmy" your comment just reminded me of my camp experience - wasn't really camping since we stayed at this old house.

2 students cried to go home cause they claimed to have seen an apparition floating in their bedroom.

The pictures hung up, the eyes tend to follow you and if you look directly at them you could have sworn that the eyes shot back at their original direction - I too wanted to go home, cause I felt so scared. Luckily I was allowed to share a bed with my girlfriend, LOL - But still it was scary especially at night. Nothing paranormal happened, I didn't see any ghosts... Just those stupid pictures that stare at you.

There was this one particular portrait of a little girl, for some reason everytime you looked at it, you would feel so nauseous - I felt abit dizzy, but not to the point where I wanted to vomit, like my friend almost did.

I was 16 when I had this experienced, and since it wasn't "paranormal" and nothing really happened to me, it's not worth writing about;p
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Stories like yours is the reason why I never liked having any dolls or pictures in my room or house. I have always found their eyes staring out at you from a picture or of a doll really creepy, particularly at night.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
The freaky music I can't get out of my head seriously... *shudders*

Kim; I don't know how long my grandparents had this doll for, all I know it that they had it before I was born and before my cousin was born so almost over 21 years, I also don't know how they got the doll.

Sorcha: we were afraid of it yes, but we weren't trying to make it angry, the fact that it did unexplainable things made me freak out and sort of pissed off, so I did what I did. I bashed the hell out of it, thinking that whatever was inside it would go away. Lol

Lexi; I don't feel sorry for it, I hate dolls and if it wanted help, it would then be more "friendly" not freak us out by disappearing than playing some freaky music & appearing at the foot of your bed in the middle of the night. Lol

Also there is a chinese myth; place incense infront of a doll for a long period of time and they will come to life.

I'll describe what the doll looks like;
It wears a hat, hair down to it's shoulders big eyes - just think of a freaky chinese 3 year old girl from a horror movie._..."
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I have a doll in my room that will scare me now! And if its possible to anger the doll to the point where it haunts you then I guess one of my favourite dolls would haunt me too since I used to play with it all the time and now its just sitting somewhere in my basement all alone!
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Sounds like someone didn't mean to frighten anyone, if there's a little girl entity behind this doll, there's a little more to it. And tampering with it and abusing the doll probably hasn't done you much good. And if anything you've probably hurt its feelings, and you will most likely feel very unwelcomed in its presence the next time. I doubt it will follow you, as it never followed your cousin over the years - I feel sorry for the spirit...
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
HI Mr.Burnz,

I'm a bad speller and when the guy wrote the chicky when he mean Chucky. I need to ues Chucky but I didn't know how to spell it so I ues bruwx Chucky.
GIRLIE 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, how long had your grand parents had this doll? How did they obtain this doll?

God Bless!
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
well to set you "posties" straight it's "Chucky" not "Chicky" lol... Anyways I'm with omniousnyxx on this one... I FREAKING HATE DOLLS~!~!...great story... Really creepy...I'd probably kick it a couple of times too if it were playing wierd music too hahaha... Take care and God Bless

Burnz
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Please say that didn't happen please. I'm so scared of Chicky and I didn't even see the moive. Also I'm scared about my dolls not being happy and they come alive and hurt me or somthing because they weren't happy. Please say it's not true.
GIRLIE 😨0:
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
This story is very creepy indeed. If you were afraid of it why were you trying to make it angry? 😲

I would keep both my eyes open the next time you go to your grandparents house. 😆

xx😁
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
THIS freaked me out, I always said chicky was no invented story, if it was me I wouldn't even look at the doll nor think of it, I hate dolls I'm afraid of even looking aaaahh

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: