You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Man Possessed

Real Ghost Stories

A Man Possessed

 

One day at school a couple of years ago, my friend and I decided that we wanted to stay after school and play a game of basketball in the gymnasium. We knew it would become boring very quickly with only two people, so we invited several other guys to join us. They were all going out to eat after school, but they said that they would come back to the gym afterwards.

School ended at 3:00, and my friend, my girlfriend, and I went into the gym to shoot around and simply hang out until the other guys showed up. As it turned out, the others never even arrived. Although we were angry, we still had a fairly enjoyable time amongst the three of us.

At about 5:00, we decided to head home. My friend had already gone as my girlfriend and I were walking down the steps of the school towards my car. Everything seemed to be normal at the time, as we were laughing and joking around with one another. We both entered my car and I asked her if she wanted to go to her house, my house, or just go out and do something else. She requested to go to her house, but from that point on, I wasn't exactly there anymore.

Now, some of this is what she told me happened, and partially what I remember.

After entering my car, I started to drive out of the school parking lot, down the hill, and into the small town in which our school was located. (The town she lived in is roughly 15 miles from where the school is located.) I don't recall anything until we were about halfway to our destination.

My girlfriend said that she was talking to me and asking questions, but I wasn't responding. She also said that I didn't seem to be breathing, and that I was clinching the steering wheel very tight. Another thing that I apparently did was viciously pound the dashboard with my hand, because there was a largely damaged area on it afterwards, and my hand was bruised on the side.

At this point, I can vaguely remember someone yelling my name, but it seemed to be very distant and far away. This went on until we reached the town in between her town and the school's location.

The town we were now in had an elementary school that sits atop a hill adjacent to the town church. I then drove my car into the playground area of the school made a large circular turn, and parked the car facing the exit of the playground.

At this instant, I finally started to come to, as the faint screams and cries became louder and louder. I woke from my haze to hear my girlfriend screaming my name. And I, who did not have the slightest notion of what had happened, answered, "What?"

Now, she started to scream even louder at me, because I believe that she thought I was just messing with her the whole time, but in fact, I was totally clueless to what had occurred.

Anyway, I began asking her questions about what had happened, and why she was so flustered. She was so shook up and still crying, as she told me all of these horrifying things. Queue the weird voices inside my head. At least I thought that they were in my head.

As she was still explaining, I looked out of my windshield to see the giant walnut tree that stands in front of the playground. Only on this day, a black hooded figure stood on top of the highest branch. It had on a long, black cloak with a hood, and it was posing exactly the way that Jesus is portrayed on the cross, with his head limp to the side, looking towards the ground.

The voices started to get louder in my head; several voices all talking simultaneously at the same time, none of which were in English. The voices were becoming unbearable, as I stared in disbelief at the black hooded figure in the tree. Still staring, I leaned over to my girlfriend and pointed at the figure and asked, "Do you see that?" Of course, she did not, and by this point probably thought I was crazy.

Suddenly, all of the voices stopped. The hooded figure raised its head, revealing glowing red eyes, staring right at me. In shock and completely terrified, I stared on.

Then, only one voice did I hear in my head, and it can from the figure. Six words, though not in English were spoken by the figure, followed by an eerie silence. And then, though the figure had no visible mouth, it began laughing a horrible, wretched laugh. At that moment, I broke free of the trance and turned the car on. I slammed the gears into drive and sped off as fast as I could towards my girlfriend's house.

That was the last time I ever encountered something unworldly. To this day, my girlfriend and I do not speak of this, and haven't spoken of it since that day. Hopefully you guys can make some sense of this, because I think about it almost everyday and I still cannot come up with anything concrete about what had actually happened. My theory is that in my car driving, I had been possessed, and the demon didn't show itself until we reached the elementary school.

If anyone has any comments, please feel free to. I'd really like a second opinion.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thatoneguy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
somthing very similar happened to my kids dad at my house thing is up until then the house had a teribble aptmosphere it was like somthing needed his body to make itself heard after that tooootaly diferent feel to the house hoprfully it was the same for you just a one off maybe some kids had snuk in to the jym and done a spell or ouija board and left something there ask around.
WindowsGhost (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
omg. That was werid and scary. I don't think if your car or the road has been haunted. Some thing went inside you and you had been controlled. Good thing that you didn't crash your car while you were like that.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
Perhaps the demon needed to get to the school for some reason, and it couldn't do it while it was a spirit, it needed flesh, that's where you come in. Or the school has some other purpose, I don't know. Since it has never happened to you again, he wasn't there for you, but the school. Or something else.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
hey no problem! And keep us posted if anything else happens and I'm glad you're speaking up for yourself with some ignorant people here! I truly believe you and your experience and I hope you are safe.

Take care.

Neivy 😁
Wicked (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-18)
let me help you thatoneguy... NO it was NOT a seizure. My husband is epileptic. When you have a gran mal seizure your ENTIRE body locks up and stiffens, causing you to be completely unable to control yourself. You're EXTREMELY likely to bite your tongue (even to bite off small chunks) and when you come out of a seizure it takes some time to be focused again. You would be lethargic and unable to really grasp what's going on around you. I have seen my husband have a seizure and he was very unfocus and lethargic for about a half hour afterwards. When he was finally able to ask questions he kept asking the same ones over and over, so eventho he was awware, he still was a little unfocused. In my opinion this was NOT a seizure. I hate to say full on possession because this thing let you go after a fairly short time. I actually have a term I use for this sort of thing. I call them body riders. I hope this helps you to clear up the seizure idea. And now I have to ask you, do you remember what the thing said to you? Could you spell it out phonetically if you tried?
chuna (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Holy Crap... Or unholy crap that is just freaky man. I'm sorry I don't have any good advice cause I honestly don't know what that could of been. I believe in demons and I pretty much agree with your theory. Maybe not possession but a demon messing with you. I just had to comment on how freaked out I would of been if that was me. A black hooded figure on top of a tree posed like Christ on the cross. Wow. Best of luck to you. Hopefully you never encounter something like this again.
thatoneguy (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
thanks for the input Twisted Wispers Neko. Ominousnyxx, thanks for fending offthe haters. Wanderer, maybe I don't know too much about epilepsy since there are two of you saying that it was probably a seizure... Both of you linked it to epilepsy..., I always thought that was a specific disease and thatonly epileptics could have epileptic seizures, could you shed some more light on that, because I'm kind oflost, thanks.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi thatoneguy. Thats a freaky experience. I have to go with dalton though and say it could have been a seizure. I have several friends with epilepsy. One told me that whenever he had a seizure he would see a shadowy figure of a man holding an ax. Another started having seizures after he turned 19. His were dangerouse because he would do things but have no awareness of it. The first time it happened he was with friends. They thought he was messing around, so didn't stop him from doing anything. When he came to he had no idea where he was or how he got there. If this happens to you again you should go to a doctor, even if all that does is prove that there is no physical reason for what happened.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Omg, that's some freaky sh*t...
Seriously, I would have freaked out, if I saw a glimpse of what you saw I wouldn't even be staring at it, I'd just get in my car and slam the accelerator to get the hell out of there.

Jerseygirl, that was not a nice thing to imply about someone. You might aswell comment on everyone's story saying that they were on a "bad trip" during their experiences, I mean were you "high" when you had your experiences?

It's ok that you don't believe the story, we have to respect that, but to suggest that someone was taking drugs is not very nice.

You're over 23 years old now? If you don't believe someones story, either post something like "hmm, good story, but it seems alittle farfetched to me" or don't post at all, but don't go around saying they were taking drugs.

Besides, some schools allow students to stay back because some teachers will always be on the grounds after school hours, doing their work.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Well, I do have to say, if that happened to Arik, I would be freaking out to. As to waht happened, I have no input, to be able to even say if you were or weren't possessed. The fact of the matter is though, you saw something and heard something, that had some form of power on you for a long amount of time. What, I can't say, but to a degree, it sounds maybe like a demon, or wraith.
thatoneguy (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
You know jersey girl, I haven't read any of your stories yet, but I will soon... Its pretty disrespectful of you to say that, considering you don't even know me, but I know, some people don't know any better... Guess your one of them... And we werent alone, the athletic coordinator was in there as well, because, as you said "kids" should be supervised, which depletes any possibility of us doing drugs... On top of that, I'm diabetic, so drugswould seriously mess up my blood sugar, but I'm sure you are senseless on that matter as well... And thanks Ohiowatha for standing behind me... Much appreciated.
thatoneguy (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
senseye, just did a background check on the church and school... Neither had any weird occurences before, no deaths or anything... And the playground was built less than 10 years ago, but you never know I guess. Thanks Jonathan! You have a very positive vibe, I like you. Thanks for sticking up for me, and yeah, ill probably post somemore of those stories... Probably all in one story because they are quite short. Thanks for the input. Thanks Looney and like I said, I haven't witnessed anything like that for a long time... Though it interests me a lot, hopefully it stays that way.
thatoneguy (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Chris B, thanks for the input. I think I'm on your side about the story... Dragon35, I'm not sure if what I saw was a messenger or not, but yeah, like I said, the thing was speaking a different language, I don't know maybe latin. I have looked up some latin stuff and I think it might have been that, but hard to tell with multiple voices. Girlie,... I'm not too sure why youre on a site like this when you don't even believe in that kind of thing...
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
"Just what were you, your girlfriend, and your other friend doing, besides shooting baskets (and having "a fairly enjoyable time"), while you were "hanging out" in the gym for two hours after school? For that matter, what kind of school was this which would allow three unsupervised kids to "hang out" in the gym for two hours after school in the first place?

Sounds to me as if you were freaking out on a "bad trip" after you left the gym..."

Are you kidding me, JerseyGirl? After reading that story, that's all you have to say? Insinuate that they were doing drugs? Why couldn't they have just been shooting baskets, a fairly enjoyable pasttime.

Please don't infuse an inert sitaution with your own prejudices.
JerseyGirl (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Just what were you, your girlfriend, and your other friend doing, besides shooting baskets (and having "a fairly enjoyable time"), while you were "hanging out" in the gym for two hours after school? For that matter, what kind of school was this which would allow three unsupervised kids to "hang out" in the gym for two hours after school in the first place?

Sounds to me as if you were freaking out on a "bad trip" after you left the gym.

That's just my opinion... 🤔
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
well first of all I'm going to disagree with girlie... Demons do exist, and you are just lucky to not come across them yet... And hopefully it stays that way...

Dear thatoneguy, I agree with the rest... I'm sure that what you saw was a messenger, too bad you couldn't understand it but maybe is better that way... Just becareful and let's hope you don't come across this type of situation any longer... Your girlfriend is brave and lucky for not seeing that evil figure.

God bless... Looney 😊
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I am going to have to agree with my buddy Mr. Burnz here... It is obvious Dalton that you are dillusional in some ways... Now I agree it is possible to have a seizure while at the wheel of a car... But in the same sence how are you going to drive to another town that is around 8 or so miles away and get there and pull into a school to the playground... But being the skeptic you are, you probably overlooked the fact it was such a long drive... I know when my brother-in-law has his seizures he can't function let alone drive a car, but hey I guess anything is possible but for us who believe in these encounters and messages or whatever it is that you would like to call them, believe that this is definitly something serious... And another thing, how can you not believe in demons Girlie because I know that there has to be some name for an evil spirit so if that is not it would you please enlighten me on whatever it is that would be running through your mind on that one thanks... By the way thatoneguy, I liked your story and wow, it really does open your eyes to the evil around and it would be nice to know what set this incident off so you should tell us these other stories and maybe we can help you find a meaning or explanation to what has happened to you, plus it is a very interesting occurence so I would love to hear more... Thanks man

God Bless,
Jonathan 😉
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Mr_Burnz: As I said, I know someone who have seisure, and I happened once when he was driving, but he didn't remember, her girlfriend YES. There is different level of those kind of electrical trouble. I don't said that I am Skepticism. If it's real, it's for sure a kind of deamon!
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
maybe they wanted you to see something from that place and wanted to give you some message. Did you ever went in the school or in the church? Do you happen to know the history of the playground? There maybe something there that they want to tell you.

Nice story and very interesting!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
HEY,
Tt was not a demon because there is no such thing as a demon. There is no hell to. You most likey need help or you did see thing.
GIRLIE 😕
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
dont worry you just saw a messenger but it is hard to think what the message whas since it whas not on a language you understod
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Wow that was a very scary story... I believe that this was a possesion. It can happen to almost anzbody. Some possesions are long ones but there are many that last a couple of minutes or even seconds. I believe this was the case in this story. I wonder what was that hooded figure. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
thatoneguy (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
And yes, I have had experiences before, but none as vivid as this one. I have seen the hooded figures many times before. The story I posted was the last time I have seen anything, though.
thatoneguy (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
well, I know I don't have epilepsy... I don't know, I mean, I'm diabetic and I have had a seizure before, andim well aware that there are numerous ways of having a seizure, but I'm not sure that what I experienced could be considered as having a seizure.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Had you prior to this occurance ora t any time there after seen anything like this before? Had either you or your girlfriend been using a ouijia board or conducting a seance?

I am askign these questions becuase generally there is something that made this thing appear at that particular time and made you react the way you did.

You may never know, however, what it was that opened this portal as it could have been something occuring in the vicity of where you were.

I am grateful that as you were driving in this trance tyoe state no one was hurt and there was no accident.

God Bless!
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
FREAKING WEIRD story! I'd poder those same things over and over if it happened to me!...and as for dalton's comment... From what I know (which isn't ALL THAT MUCH) when you go into seizures and all that jazz...you're not able to drive a FREAKIN CAR! I mean come on... Do you honestly think that he would have been physically able to drive a damn car... And what would explain the hooded figure... After HE CAME TO? Your Skepticism only goes so far buddy... Again GREAT story... Never experienced anything THAT crazy before, but I've had my incidences 😉...Take Care and God Bless

-Burnz
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
here a description:

Seizures can cause involuntary changes in body movement or function, sensation, awareness, or behavior. A seizure can last from a few seconds to status epilepticus, a continuous seizure that will not stop without intervention. Seizure is often associated with a sudden and involuntary contraction of a group of muscles. However, a seizure can also be as subtle as marching numbness of a part of the body, a brief loss of memory, sparkling or flashes, sensing an unpleasant odor, a strange epigastric sensation or a sensation of fear. Therefore seizures are typically classified as motor, sensory, autonomic, emotional or cognitive.
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Do you think, it could be an epileptic seizure. The way you talk about grabbing the steering wheel very tight. Somebody I know have seizure like those one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: