You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Slapped By A Someone Or Noone-my Last Visit To India

Real Ghost Stories

Slapped By A Someone Or Noone-my Last Visit To India

 

The last time I went to India was 27 years ago. It was a family holiday. My Mum, Dad and two brothers went on the trip. I have not been back since. You could call it my first paranormal experience.

Our holidays to India would be no less than 2-3weeks; we always went when we broke up for the 6 weeks holidays. So you can image how hot it was in the months of July and August.

Anyway, my first ever paranormal experience happened at in my grand-parents house in India (this is my mum's parents). My grand-parents lived in a small village then. My mum has a big family, 5 sisters and one brother and his wife.

This is a description of the house as I remember it. You go through the front door and to right is a little cubicle which was used as a bath. Straight a head of the front door is the first bedroom. To the left as you walk in to the house, are stairs which lead to balcony, when you walk in you turn left and under the stairs which lead to the balcony is the kitchen, or a section which was used to cook. Then an open area where everyone sits to chat and eat. Next to the kitchen is a door and windows on either side of the wall, you go through the door and you are in the lounge, a very big lounge with the TV, radio, chairs. Then you have three bedrooms to as you walk-in to the lounge and then another one to the right. (Apologies not very good as descriptions).

Whenever we went to India for a holiday there were always loads of family and friends who would turn up and the elders would talk until the early hours of the morning. It was great fun being allowed to stay up late.

Back to the story...

One evening as we all got ready for bed, my mum's sisters decided they wanted to pull the beds into the lounge and sleep there. That was agreed, so we pulled four beds into the lounge. I slept with my favorite aunt, the third youngest; love her to bits to this day.

The lights went out about 10:30pm.

I snuggled up to my aunt and we all feel asleep eventually after nattering away like girls do. I woke up during the night; I wanted to go to loo. The lights outside were on, they are always left on. So I got up very quietly so I would not wake any one up and made my way to the bathroom. I was just about to sit on the loo when I heard a brick move on the balcony. I looked up towards the balcony and saw nothing except darkness, what else was I going to see it was the middle of the night. Forget the loo I legged it back inside and jumped back into bed with aunt.

I managed to get back to sleep only to be woken by somebody trying to pull the blanket off of me. Now the strange thing is the person was standing on the side my aunt was sleeping on and pulling the blanket. I held on to the blanket but they pulled harder. I toppled over my aunt so I was on the same side as the person would be standing. (I would like to mention that the floors in those days were cement, so if anything was dragged across the floor it is a noise you would recognize almost immediately).

All was still for a while, don't know how long a while is, only to then hear this person dragging their feet to the other side of the bed, so again the side my aunt was now sleeping on and started pulling the blanket off of me again. I think I must have swapped sides with my aunt about 5-6 times before I eventually feel asleep. The weird part is my aunt did not stir once.

Something woke me up again and when I did wake up there is my aunt in a full lotus meditating, so I went back to sleep. I was again awoken and my aunt was lying next to me asleep, I lay next to filled with fear. I could hear feet dragging towards me. I put my head under the blanket and held the blankets really tight. Whoever it was, pulled the blanket off my head, punched me on the side of my head and then slapped me on my face! I screamed out and started to cry, it was only then my aunt and the rest of the household woke up. My aunt looked at my face as did everyone else, the slap mark on my left cheek was visible and my face very red, they asked me what happened. I can't remember if I told them there and then, but after I settling me down, and everyone else was back in their beds, I heard a person walk out of the door, dragging their feet.

That was my first experience. I have never been back to India since then, purely because of fear, but the strange thing is when I get asked about why I won't go, although I can tell this story, I always get a clear vision of a tree on it's own, it has almost a white body and full of leaves, only surrounding by grass a tree on it's own.

I don't know if I will ever step foot back in India as after that one incident I have had countless experiences

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miss_amos (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-24)
when things like this happent here should always be some sort of reason behind it funny how all your stories you don't really know why maybe yu should figure out why especially how yu say ghost was going to yur aunty side like that's strange after speaking of this too yur family they should hav some answers if yu don't have any
nehajust1 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-16)
dear I m also an indian and living near by your place (una).hoshiarpur its in punjab right). Ask your grandparents because some of my friends (from your place) had same experience. Once a chil girl was raped there by some boys and they buried her in some forest type area. After that a tree of pipal grown up there. May be its the same tree. Its used to scare some boys who are not femiliar or not believes on such things. Nice story dear.
Maya (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
oh is it? Ok what did d pujari's say surya?yaa...i'm eager to know it! 😲
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi Karyn,
Thank you for reading my story. As for the other post, totally agree and am doing just that.
Surya
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Wow Surya, that was a very interesting and disturbing story! I am sure that was terribly scary for you as you were so young.
As to a certain new poster here, Girlie, she is definately living up to her screen name as most of her posts are mean and not very well put. I have been ignoring reading any of them after the first few. I see Girlie and just skip right over, I suggest you do the same and do not respond to her ignorance as she seems to enjoy that. With that clarified, GREAT story! 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Tammy
Left you a follow up email. Thank you so much, It is not everyday you meet people who really do understand.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I just read it-thank you too 😊

There's a PS message I would like you to read.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Tammy

Efharisto.
I have anwsered you email just this minute. I Look forward to your response.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Surya, hi!

Check your e-mail when you can. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Tammy
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Tammy
Just sent you an email with my email address. Look forward to hearing from you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Maya,
Like wise.
I was 11 at the time. The tree I see, I have never seen before. I only see this tree when I have a flashback about that experience. My grand-parents lived in Hosharpur, Bohan, I hope I spelt that right. The tree is not one I have seen in any of the villages or near any temples and we visited a lot of ancient temples. There is a Sant who lives not to far from my grand-parents house, and although he had a beautiful garden, with loads of trees, flowers, this tree resembles none of those. The tree stands alone, still and happy. Surrounded by grass but not quite green. No birds, but a beautiful clear sky.

I have been to a couple of Pujari's, unfortunately I have never been able to speak about these experiences. However what they did tell me really did freak me out. I will post my next story soon, and I guarantee you Maya you will as an Indian be shocked about how my life, beliefs were changed and by whom.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Girlie,
I was actually wondering when you would add one of you comments. Without offended you, I find your comments rather child like. How old are? Do you really know anything about the spiritual world? Do you know anything about my profession? I am sure as I am sure you would be, know if somebody was pulling the blanket of for themselves so they could have. Why don't you read both my experiences again, a) the experiences are very different b) I don't really like people making a joke of my experiences or anybody elses. So please if you can't understand what I am experiencing and clearly don't believe, judging from your previous comments, don't leave any comments when I publish anything. It is hard enough sharing these experiences for exactly the above mentioned reasons.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Rhodes68
My apologies, I thought I had sent you my email I will click on your profile and give you my email.
Thanks
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Surya, IT WAS A PERSON! NOT A GHOST! Like I told you before GHOST CAN'T HURT YOU! The person wanted a blanket, but you didn't give him it. Thats all. Thank you for reading my comment which is the same thing I told you the last time 😊.
GIRLIE 😕
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Surya, thanks for replying. If you don't wish to make your e-mail address known, send me an e-mail by clicking on my profile.
Maya (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
does that tree appear like the one's you get to see in village temples? Why don't you consult some temple "pujari" (priest)...he might be able to help you and ask you to perform some "yagna" or something ike that. I hope you are getting these indian terminologies?
Take care.

Maya! 😊
Maya (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
hi surya,
m so glad to find an indian here...i'm an indian too...lol...well your story was really good... By the way, what kind of tree do you see? I mean have you every tried to find out if such a tree really exists? I would suggest you to recall, if at all you hav seen such a tree... How old were you when this incident occured? Which place in india did this happen?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi ChrisB
I am not sure what or who decided to connect with me but what I do know is that it/they/he whatever or whoever it is, they are very angry with me.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Rhodes68
I have no objection to you sending me your interpretation on email.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I would love to offer you my interpretation but I'd like your permission to use your e-mail.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Surya. That was a very scary incident. I'm not surprised you didn't want to go and visit India. But I believe that everyone should try to conquer there fears. We all are afraid of something but it is how we deal with it that makes us strong. I believe that there is something that is conected to you in India. And I'm not so sure its just your family but something else. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Rhodes68
The vision of the tree is one that totally baffles me, I dont' know what the link is between my experience and this tree. Whenever I think back to what happened, The image of this tree appears almost ridding my thoughts of the experience. The tree has a beautiful white body and the branches are full of leaves, the grass not quite green. It stands still and alone yet happy, there is no breeze, no birds only me staring at this tree. That is all I see at the moment.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Kimsouth0

Unfortunately because of what I experienced, I have not been back, I can't bring myself to go back. My grand-father's last wish was to see his first grand-daughter for the last time, I was not able to fulfil his last wish, he passed away 2 years ago. I even have family who are prepared to pay for the tickets, but it is a no. I have tried standing up to the fear but it seems to be stronger than me coupled with the re-occuring dreams. Would love to go back, India is a beautiful place, Kala I don't think it will happen.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Frawin
I am positive it was not my aunt, she did not stir once whilst this was going on. I have thought of the same, but I suppose you just know. As I said I did hear the person walk out once the lights had gone back out.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Hello Surya, do you think it's possible that maybe your Aunt slapped you in her sleep? You did say that you changed sides 4 or 5 times during the night- maybe she gave you a pop to get you to lay still.I'm not saying you didn't have a paranormal experience, I'm merely offering a possible alternative. Either way it must have been a frightening experience. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Wow! This experience sent chills up and down my spine!

I am sorry that this happened to you.

I do hope that you will not let this experince continue form not going on the trips to India with your family.

Stand up to your fear and take the power back that this 'thing' took with you with the fear.

I realize that is easier said than done, but I hate to think of you never returning to India. That let's this thing win, so to speak.

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I cannot begin to imagine your absolute terror to have to go through such a horrible experience that night! I don't blame you for not WANTING to go back but... I would urge you to focus a little deeper on the image of that tree you're invisioning Surya.

There's so much you need to see behind that simple image! To me it's like a painting a very "silent" one and yet, it speaks a thousand words.

Ponder on it for a while. I think that deep inside you, you know what it means and what the invitation behind is!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I did not know spirits slap humans, I must have upset it by wanting to go for a pee, 😆, Thank you for that. The experiences all started from that trip.
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Surya, I think that maybe it could be this spirit that may not like you, although many spirits actually slap humans. Of course.

Truly,
Naema

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: