You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dr Molemo's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Dr Molemo's Ghost

 

This is a story regarding our family farm on the outskirts of a small Town. I have never seen the apparition myself but my Grandfather was friends with him and my uncles and older cousins swear they have seen and heard the old Doctor walking around the farm house. This apparently happened in the 60's.

Dr. Molemo was the only Doctor in that area for miles, and because of this fact he became quite wealthy. He was well known and liked by neighbors and patients. One night he was invited to a party, which he attended with his wife and child, something out of character.

Well the story goes that he got very drunk and had an argument with his wife at the party. When it was time to leave they continued to argue in the car, the argument got heated and the Doctor lost control of the car and hit a big tree (only 300 meters from the farm house) the car exploded and The Doctor, his wife and their child were killed.

The car is still on the family farm-or what's left of it... burned out and bent metal-the signs of an impact.

The apparition of Dr. Molemo walks the long halls of the Farm House-my grandfather says he is looking for his wife and child, other times he can be heard walking up the stair case-and in the morning all the upstairs windows will be wide open.

The apparition of his wife can be seen near the car. She is never seen doing anything else but standing there dressed in a black cape. We were told as children never to walk past the car by our selves. No one has ever claimed to see the child.

Thank you for reading, your comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by carrycat

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carrycat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Has anyone thought to move the car close to the place where the Doctor visits?

Thus he could find at least his wife.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Thank you for the story carrycat. I wonder if the couples anger at one another is what's keeping them bound as well as looking for their lost son. Its a shame no one can contact them to help them resolve their issues with one another so they could join their baby.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
That is a very cool story carrycat. I have a story that a just wrote yesterday it's called "Who Was That" I hope you read it. It's kind of like your story.
GIRLIE
😁 (:
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I to heard of these kind of stories before. They are usually called legends. But I believe that there is some truth in legends. And in this story I to believe that there are some spirits who do not have finished buisness. I realy liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Thanks all-My Aunt lives alone on the farm now and she is looking to move-he son that use to live with her (29 years old) does not sleep in the house itself because he says something pins him down in his sleep in the one room-and yes the story takes place in SA-in a place called Mmabatho-ever heard of it?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hello carrycat, even though I have heard many similar stories, I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I am with rhodes on this one, it certainly sounds as if the child passed on and the doctor and his wife have unfinished business here and are unable to cross over.

I will say a prayer to release those poor souls.

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us! I look forward to reading more!

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Carrycat, I'm glad you finally posted your first story and hope you will be coming back with more.

That was a terrible death for the doctor and his family and surely not a deserving one.

I guess his guilt for the accident and for the lives it cost is what keeps him trapped in a never-ending and futile pursuit.

Could it be that their son has crossed and that's why no one has seen him?

Regardless of all, the image of the mother standing by the car is heart-breaking! It looks as if she's waiting for her boy to return and is afraid to drift away in case she misses him.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
That is a very interesting story. So this story takes place in South Africa?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: