You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandmother's Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's Story

 

I would like to begin by saying that I haven't had as many experiences as a lot of people have had on this site. However the experiences I did have I think are quite strange but in no way terrifying or evil.

Also, the story I am about to tell isn't really my story it happened to my mother, grandmother and my grandfather.The incident happened in June 1997 I was seven when it happened. At the time my grandmother was dying of lung cancer however I didn't know this as I was too young at time.

I should begin by saying that in the seventies my auntie died in the house. She was only two at the time.

Anyway the three of them where in the sitting room my mother was doing my grandmothers hair. All of a sudden she heard footsteps running along upstairs going from my grandmothers room to my uncle's room (this is now my bedroom since we moved in to the house in 2000).

My mother was a little freaked out by this and she questioned my grandparents to see if they had heard the noise. They simply looked at each other and ignored the question. That bit I found strange because it was as if it happened all the time or that they knew what it was.

Anyway that night my grandmother woke up in the middle of the night with chest pains. She went down stairs and called the emergency services but she had died by the time they had arrived.

My mother believes it was my auntie coming back to bring her mother over to the other side as the noises never really happened again since we moved in.

Thanks for reading this story because its one that ill never forget and one that I quite like it makes me happy to think they reunited again.

I hope to post my others experiences soon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phantomz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
thankyou phantom for sharing and what have you did after this story and what your grandma made so. Really beutiful
Scary boy
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Thank you phantomz for sharing this story with us, I found it very interesting. I will be patiently awaiting your future stories. Take Care.

FRAWIN
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi, every nice story. Yes it could have been someone takeing you grandmother. Or it could have been another ghost.
GIRLIE
😁 ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi Phantomz. I believe that loved ones always come to pick us up. It is way that helps people cross over. If a stranger came and told me to go with him I probably wouldnt. But a family member... I realy liked this story. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
It's funny how someone so young can still leave an echo or make their influence known, depending on which field you subscribe to. Not doubting you in any way I have my own story in a similar vein.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Phantomz thank you for sharing your story with us!

I also believe that our loved ones visit to protect and comfort us but also to guide us while crossing to the other side.

May their souls rest in peace!
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Aw, that is so cute.:) Thank you for sharing your story. I bet her daughter was so excited to be with her again, scampering around like that.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Isn't it amazing how those we love affect us even after they have passed on? They let us know in their own ways they are there for us and will help the Lord guide us when our time comes.

Thank you so much for sharing your beutiful story with us!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: