You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Man

Real Ghost Stories

Little Man

 

If you have read my other stories, then you should know a little bit more about me. This should be a pretty short story, since I don't remember much about what I did that day. I only remember a few things and what I was doing within the 20 minutes of my encounter.

I remember I was 11 years old and it was summer. It was about midnight and my father and I were the only ones home. Everyone else was out. I believe it was the weekend, and I was up late watching television in my sister's room. I was lying in her bed facing the television when all of the sudden I felt that I needed to look to the door.

I stared at the doorway into the hall. I didn't see anything, then as I was about to turn to face the television, I saw a small man walk by the door. He was about 5 feet tall and he was overweight. He was bald on the top of his head and he had a disgusted look on his face. He walked past my sister's bedroom and into the bathroom.

I was so afraid, I didn't want to move. Instead, I waited to see what happened next. About a 30 seconds after he passed by the door I heard the faucet in the bathroom turn on. I waited about 20 seconds before I jumped out of the bed and sprinted down the hall, into my father's room, and I jumped on his bed, literally. He woke up very upset and asked what was going on.

I told him I saw a ghost, but he didn't believe me; instead it made him very furious. He doesn't believe in ghosts. I buried myself under the covers and fell asleep next to my dad. I woke up the next day and told my brothers and sisters, but they just laughed at me. It was actually funny, because when they asked me to describe the ghost; I told them he kind of looked like Danny Devito.

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Well I liked your story. Thje part with Danny Devito was great. It is hard for young people to tell there parents about the paranormal. They usually believe its there imagination. We souldnt blame them because that is what it usually is. But in this situation it was probably a spirit who popped by. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I get the feeling that Danny De Vito's disgusted face meant to show you his irritation for having uninvited guests nesting in his household.

😊

Seriously Jasmin, you've got to find out about past tenants.

Thanks for the story. I'll be looking forward to your next submission.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I just want everyone to know that I have published a very scary story. I am waiting for it to be looked over and approved. I just submitted it today 7/08. Please look out for it. I would love for people to comment on it. It is called "La Bruja..."
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hi freaktips, now that you mention it a ghost that looks like Danny Devito would be very frightening.
Libertybelle and Kim have given you some great advice. I would also try and talk to the oldest people in your neighborhood- they hold stories and histories that can't be found in the library. Good luck with the research and thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Jasmin314, if possible, go to the county seat and find out where the real estate records are kept. You can, using the Grantors and Grantees Indexes, trace the chain of title for your house and the land it stands on. This is, by the way, all a matter of public record, costing you only the time you spend and the notes you make (I'd take a legal pad or two and some good pens for making notes).

Make notes on how long each of the previous owners had the house, then go through the archives of your local newspaper (many public libraries have old copies of the newspaper on microfilm or microfiche). Again, this is a free resource--and be sure to have your trusty legal pads and pens with you in case you run across anything of interest.

By all means, too, talk to your neighbors as well--the longer established in the area, the better.

Hope you find these hints helpful--it's a lot more tedious than the Internet, but at least the price is right.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Jasmin314, if possible, go to the county seat and find out where the real estate records are kept. You can, using the Granotrs and Grantees Indexes, trace the chain of title for your house and the land it stands on. This is, by the way, all a matter of public record, costing you only the time you spend and the notes you make (I'd take a legal pad or two and some good pens for making notes).

Make notes on how long each of the previous owners had the house, then go through the archives of your local newspaper (many public libraries have old copies of the nespaper on microfilm or microfiche). Again, this is a free resource--and be sure to have your trusty legal pads and pens with you in case you run across anything of interest.

By all means, too, talk to your neighbors as well--the longer established in the area, the better.

Hope you find thes hints helpful--it's a lot more tedious than the Internet, but at least the price is right.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
I have read your stories and I realize that a lot of the sites and such are expensive ways to research. You could try speaking to neighbors, get a feel for the recent tenants of the home or any occurances on the property. Even ones that occured before your neighbors actually lived there, they may be a valuable tool for information.

God Bless!
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
That is funny Jasmin but just try to be brave, and great story keep us informed! Maybe I could help you I am great at some mysteries.

Truly,
Hunters
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
By the way all, if you have read my other stories, you know my parents house was haunted. I have been doing research on my home via internet, but everything costs money. Therefore, I haven't gotten very far. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get some more info on the history of my parents' house. Maybe someone knows a website or something. Please let me know. Thanks.
Kayla (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Sometimes I get those urgers too. To just look at a certain area. Though I never saw anything out of the ordinary yet. Great story! I found it kind of funny 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: