You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Is Watching

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Is Watching

 

So it all happened one day (not exactly so sure of the exact date) but we just picked up some new furniture that a friend of our families was giving away.

Later that day we put all of our old furniture down stairs, this furniture consisting of a couch and chair belonged to my grandmother and grandfather, both passed many years prior to that day. One of them must have gotten very angry that we did that because out of nowhere a shelf in the living room collapses. Mind you that my dad is a contractor so that shelf was extra supported. Odd? Well it gets creepier.

Breast Cancer has run in my family for decades, in fact that is what killed my grandmother. Anyway my Mother went to have her exam at her doctors. After the x ray they had her wait in the waiting room, they said that they may have found something. Out of nowhere the radio on the speaker in the waiting room began playing Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World..." The song that my mother and grandfather danced to at her wedding. She swore that she felt someone holding her, and that she could smell Old Spice Cologne which is what my grandfather always used to wear. And let's be realistic, how many guys go to those doctor offices. Oh there is more to come.

When I was waiting in the waiting room at the hospital when my other grandmother on my dads side was in the hospital for pneumonia, we weren't sure if she would make it, that same song (What a Wonderful World) began playing in the nurses station and I began to smell Old Spice Cologne, and I knew that it wasn't me because I hadn't put cologne on that day.

Just like my Grandfather was I am an avid bowler around my state. One Tournament in particular changed my whole outlook on the sport. I was well over 219 below pace... and I was kind of upset. Behind me were my mother and aunt (daughters of my grand father that was mentioned above) all of a sudden I hear the song "What a Wonderful World..." By Louis Armstrong and it was particularly loud, so I asked my mom to ask the front desk to please turn the music down, she replies "there is no music playing" at that point I though I was insane, but when I put my had in the ball I felt more confident then ever, and shot final games of 252 and 212 to place 5th. Where as I was going to be last.

I guess the question is was I scared. No. If anything I feel I have an angel, and angel that are watching over me.

Other hauntings by DaveH300

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DaveH300, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
HEY KimSouthO,
Just to let you know. EVERYONE AS THERE OWN PERSONAL GUARDIAN ANGEL! I would have though you would have know that. Anyway a very cool story DaveH300. I think it was your Grandfather.
GIRLIE
😁 😕 (:
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Wow what an amazing story. I realy enjoyed your story. I have to say that I don't read these often but when I do I just feel great. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Thank you for a beautiful story! I suppose our physical world is more beautiful when it is along side with the spiritual allowing our beloved ones to pay us a visit.
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
What a heartwarming story. I hope you hear "What A Wonderful World" while you're in the middle of purchasing a lotto ticket one of these days. 😆
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
i loved your story. I am always afraid of losing a loved one. But my cousin, proved to me that when people pass away they do watch over you. I know he is always watching over me.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
It certainloy sounds as if you have your own personal Guardian Angel!

It amazes me that our loved ones contunue to care for us and send us signals they are caring for us even after they have crossed over to be with our Lord!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: