You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Home In Walkertown, Nc

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Home In Walkertown, Nc

 

When I was about 14 years old I was staying with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin for a week during the summer. They live in a rural area outside of Winston Salem, NC. My cousin and aunt had been asked by their neighbor across the street to tend to her flowers while she was out of town.

Now, my cousin lives down a long dirt road (at the time-is paved now) and a lot of woods surrounds her home meaning it is not visible from the road. Directly across from her driveway stands the home of her neighbor. It is a fairly large home. Some might say it is a 'McMansion'. The owner of the home was a woman, whose husband was a Judge in Forsyth County. He had recently passed away. I believe he passed away in the home, although I can not say that is a fact.

Late one afternoon we hopped in the car and drove over to her neighbor's home, to water her flowers. My aunt was using a watering pail to water some flowers while my cousin was getting the water hose. I was basically just along for the ride, watching them. My cousin became upset with her mother over something about the time we had got there. She was being a bit 'ill' towards having to water the flowers, I suppose.

My aunt made a joke that she better not mess up Mrs. Y's flowers because Mr. Y was going to get mad at her. We laughed at this, because obviously my aunt was just joking about a dead man being mad. About that time we started hearing what sounded like the wind blowing but there was absolutely no wind. Kind of weird, but they kept watering.

My cousin then pulled the hose right over a flower bed, when all of a sudden the noise of 'wind' became even louder! It was a very eerie feeling. My aunt got scared and told us to drop everything and get in the car. So of course, we ran and jumped in the car and my aunt took off. We were parked in the back and when we came around to the side of the house, I looked to my left into a large picture window on the home and saw what appeared to be a large blue glowing ball of light. It was there for a good 15 seconds. (About as long as it took to get to the end of the driveway.) I was in awe and couldn't say anything but "Oh my gosh!" I then told my family about the light. Neither one of them saw it. I am sure of what I saw though. There was no one in the home, no television on, no lights on, it was day time!

My aunt later told me that she just had a feeling of someone watching her, whether it was a 'ghost' or an actual person, she just felt we needed to leave and that it possibly wasn't safe. We returned with my uncle, after telling him what happened. He brought along his shot gun just incase, but there was no sign of anything or anyone. The house was locked up and there was no one on her property. So we left.

Just about a month ago I was visiting my cousin when she brought up this situation, only to tell me that the home had been broken into recently. She said that a police officer was walking around the outside of the home, looked into the big picture window and saw a bright blue ball of light.

The home had since been sold to another couple, who were not home at the time of the break in, and police were dispatched by their home alarm system. So there were only 3 officers on the property. The officer had told what he saw to my Uncle, in hopes my uncle could explain why this light had been seen, possibly, that the couple leaves the television on or have some other kind of light in that room, but my uncle had no explanation to give.

I would love to go back to this home now that I am older and not afraid. I would love to find out what this blue light was and see if there is any other activity that goes on there.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stephaniek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

emmah13 (1 posts)
 
10 months ago (2023-05-20)
This is my house, I live here now! I would love to talk with you and learn more about your experience!
manduhmiah (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
HI, I recently bought an old ouija board on Ebay from the 40s. I am from PA and have never been close to NC. Since I have gotten the board into my house, minor strange things have been happening, like my stereo suddenly turning on, etc. When I try and contact anyone on it, the only spirit to talk to me is someone who identifies himself only as "Mr. Y". That's the only reason I even found your story or this site, trying to do a search on this Mr. Y. After reading this, I looked back into my ebay account to see where it shipped from. It was Raleigh, NC. Too weird, since I knew nothing about the board or where it came from. He told me the board belongs to him and he will go where it goes. Also, he says he is very powerful. I asked why the previous owner of the board sold it on ebay. He told me it was HIS board, and that he had scared them so they wanted to get rid of the board. I thought this was very strange!
Amanda
JohnChurch (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
That house was built by my great uncle and his wife back in the twenties. John Tucker Day was his name, and I suppose I am named after him, along with other ancestors. He died about 1951 and his wife continued to live there for several years. Upon her death the house was sold to the Yeagers, and he was a distinguished judge in Forsyth County. After his death she continued to live there until about five years ago when she remarried. About three years ago the house was sold to another young couple.
JohnChurch (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
My great uncle Tucker Day and his wife built the house in the 1920s. I have been there many times. He died about 1951 and his wife remained there for several years. Upon her death the house was sold to the Yeager family, and the husband was a distinguished judge in Forsyth County. They raised a family and after his death Mrs Yeager continued to live there until about five years ago. She remarried, and the home was sold to a new couple within the last three years.
stephaniek (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
I decided to do a little digging on this property. I found out that it was built in 1925. The house itself is not THAT old, but the property I believe had another use before the home was built. (I'm still trying to find out exactly what) I also have a couple of pictures, one of where the actual light I saw, was coming from in the house & another, of the house itself. Does anyone know how I can add these pictures to my story? I also found out this house is up for sale! If you have about $300,000 you could live in a possibly, haunted house! 😆 😁
Vera (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I think I know the house I live very close to it. I have the Diary of the Lady who actually built that home. It was not Mr. Y after you it goes way back before his time. I have a lot of history on that home.
stephaniek (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Wow, thanks for all the comments! I've really never even thought to share this experience but I am glad I have. I thought everyone would think I was a little crazy! 😲 I live about two hours away from this place, my family still lives across the street. If I ever go back there, I will be sure to post about if I have any more experiences. I do believe this 'spirit' of Mr. Y, would be friendly, he loved his wife and family very much, so he is definitely a protective one! Thanks again for the feedback! I look foward to reading many of your stories as well! Thanks again!
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Great story! Very well written. Hope you do get the chance to go back and check it out. Keep us posted!
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Very interesting story. Are you living close enough to maybe go back someday and see if you can experience that again? If you do would you want to? I wonder if the new owners had anything happen.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi and welcome to this site. I believe that the light wasn't a full manifestation. I think it needed more energy. I agree with everyone here that when you go back to that site and check it out again we all will want to read it. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
The angry dead man spirit is selfish, but protective on his flower bed. Since you saw a blue light in that house, it can mean a ghost roams in that house, even if the house has blue light bulbs or other electronical devices that emit a blue light...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Most likely the deceased Mr Y was/is still around protecting his home. Let's just hope he's not trapped.

I'll be looking forward to reading about anything new you might find out.
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
from what I have seen and heard on living tv's most haunted, glowing balls/movement of light is known as an orb. Your story gave me the chills... 😉
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Hey,
Well if you must, use the Ouija board and see if Mr. Y Was trying to scare you or he was getting angry cause your aunty's joke maybe that's why but say if that's why, And if it says yes then ask it what does he want from me? And he will spell it out...
Ok?
But that's pretty freaky! But why would there be a glowing blue ball there?
FREAKY! 😨 😲 😆
It would be even freakier if it spelled out D I E!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Stephaniek,that was a great story! Apparently your aunt's "joke" was truer than she ever expected it to be--and I can imagine that a judge would be pretty particular about his wife's garden and the rest of the property as well.

Hope he gave the would-be burglars a well-deserved fright!
stephaniek (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
The blue light was pretty much in a circle shape... The inside was very bright and faded as it went out to the sides. I used to live right in this same area as well and it seems that there could be other 'people' that would possibly still be hanging around. As there are many 'slave' quarters in and on that property. So who knows! The home is probably over 60 years old as well.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
HI, yes I argee with KimSouthO, I do think it might have been Mr. Y proting his house.
Still a very cool story.
GIRLIE
😁 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

The blus light you saw, did it have a shape to it at all?

If you do go back there and investigate these occurances, I would LOVE to hear the results!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: