You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old-time Nurse

Real Ghost Stories

Old-time Nurse

 

This story is about my friend E and my story. A while back when we were 8 my mom would take us places. I don't remember where we went that day, but we had to meet at my mom's childhood house.

When we were all there, mom was doing something downstairs, and I asked E if she would like to see the attic. She said yes, and we went upstairs into the attic.

We looked around a little then I ran down the stairs and closed the door on E (I know it was mean). E was startled but before she could run down the stairs a ghost came up from the window. E said it looked like a old-time nurse holding a needle with green stuff in it. E ran down the stairs yelling for me to open the door, but I didn't.

Mom heard the yelling and came upstairs and told me to open the door-I did. E came out running. Then she yelled at me to close the door. I did.

When we were in the car E told me and my mom what happened. Of course mom was mad at me for closing the door on her. (But it was still worth it).

There is another story in that house. There are five feathers, the ones you wrote with a long time ago. Anyway, there are three brown feathers and two white ones. I have heard from my uncle's wife that she would find one feather on the floor. I never saw any feathers on the floor until then.

I went to the house ones because my cousin was there for the weekend. So my brother and I spent the night. The next morning I woke up (I always wake up first because I get up early) and went to the living room and saw on the floor a white feather. I went to pick it up when I saw one feather missing (the other white feather). I looked around for it but never found it. Well I wasn't worried about it. So I put the one white feather back where it goes and the whole thing left my mind.

Later that morning I saw my uncle's wife putting a feather back. Then I looked at the other feathers and saw both white feathers there. I asked her where she found that other white feather. She said it was on the floor when she came in.

That kept on for a year. We even named the ghost, "Feathery".

I think there was a ghost in each of these stories, do you?

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Thank so much Preeti, and thank you for that idea of takeing Rosemary and A cross with me. I hav something that I learned in a book. (it was a vampere book, but anyway) it said that crushed up turquoise is a good pro-teck-or. I don't know if was true, the person in the book would said that was off Cheeroke dencent. SOooooooo...
Hav a wonderful day very one.
GIRLIE ❤ 😁 ❤
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
Oh common people don't taunt her...she's a small girl... 😁...girlie...my dear...i wpuld like to tell you something...you know honey small kids 0-10 years of age have a strong tendency to see ghosts and feel them which we adults can't sometimes...dont think you are wrong but my honey for safety keep rosemary with you dear and HOLY CROSS...god will protect you and your family 😁...dont worry pray to god that this should be a dream you saw...ok? I'll post my story in 2 days or so...do read it and tell me how you like it?

God bless you ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
Thank you so much Francois. Don't really know what you mean by more detale.
Tarrin92, I'm really not a "Little pissy girl". I just get really mad when people do things to be mean. And sense I wasn't in the attic I don't know what really happen. But I do know that the house was used as a hospitle in the Civil War.
And also I learn that my friend in fact did not see green stuff in the needle. Sorry about that. Sense it has been along time sense the attic time I don't always remeber the de-tales.
GIRLIE 😕
Francois (220 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Ladies and gentlemen, order, we might have our doubts and personal vendettas but this is no place to "diss" or insult writers!

To girlie,

Like Chris, I believe anything is possible, however, there is also thorough investigation and logical explanations to issues and stories such as these, perhaps a more detailed account would be necessary to change our minds.

Keep us posted, God bless and Dominus vobiscum! 😁
tarrin92 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
well it really sounds like you made this up. Not so much the feather bit, but DEF the nurse. It was as stereotypical as a nurse can get. Ps your a pissy little girl. I know its unrelated, but really. Stop being SO RUDE! ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-09-19)
PEOPLE PLEASE READING MY STORY. So cleck on girlie. Please. PLEASE I NEED COMMENTS.
GIRLIE 😲
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
i was going to comment... And say something mean... But then realised your just eight. Haha.
Nice try girlie 😜
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Thanks for all you peoples comments. I really do thank you. And to Dreamer (E) my sorry I lock you up in the attic, but it was still worth it.
😆 😜 😊
GIRLIE
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hey Surya it was not a Scooby Doo show because I DON'T WATCH SCOOBY DOO! 😠 So it was real because MY FRIEND SAW THE NURSE AND I SAW THE FEATHERS. AND WE DON'T LIE ABOUT THAT SUFF. 😠
GIRLIE 😐
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Hey Girlie
You sure it was not a dream or may be it was one of the cartoons you watched, scooby doo maybe, I will have to go with Chris on this one. As for the features, maybe a bit of research on your part will answer some of the answers your are looking for. Oh by the way it was noce of your friend Dreamer to make a sudden appearance, Definitely agree with faerielike "WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND"!
Really look forward to your next story.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Remember before you are mean again, scaring a person you dare call a friend, what goes around comes around. 😜
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am with Chris B on this one. To many logical explanations.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi Jasmine thank you for your kind words 😁.Im not saying this story is fake. I believe that all of this could happen. We all must remember that before saying something is haunted we always have to try and explain these things. If we can't then there is a problem. Lets just hope that Girlie doesn't have a haunting. I honestly think that is a good thing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
No offense seriously, but I would listen to ChrisB. He knows what he is talking about. Both "hauntings" don't seem like hauntings to me. Both can be explained very easily. Your friend E made up a lie or her imagination really switched on. The feathers on the other hand, were no ones imagination, but that can be explained. Think logically. By th way, how old are you now?
Dreamer_ (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Girlie
Just to let you know I'm E in your story. Thanks a lot for locking me in your attic. The story was written quite nicely. 😁
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi there-i think the first part of your story was maybe just E's imagination running wild... I mean a nurse with green liquid in a syringe?
But the second part of your story I think there is definately a possibility of a ghost there.
Good story-enjoyed it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Girlie. I enjoyed reading your story. I believe taht many things can be explained. You must remember that most hauntings are not real hauntings. Most things turn out to be normal things. I think some things can be explained in your story. To be honest I hope they can be explained. I think some people here WANT to have a haunting. I did like reading your story and I hope that you don't feel as if I was attacking you but try going here with me. Do you think these things can be expalined in your mothers home? If not I guess that's a bad thing. A haunting isn't something great. It can be very scary. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: