You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Red Dotted Figure Haunting And Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Red Dotted Figure Haunting And Nightmares

 

Hello all. My name is Dustin and I am new to this, and I just wanted to see what everyone thinks about my story. I do not claim I am psychic at all nor have any special abilities in that sense but I do have my own paranormal experience or so I believe.

When I was 8 years old, I lived in a blue trailer and I was comfortable in the trailer except at night. I was a scared young child it seemed I would have nightmares every night and I dreaded going to bed even but I was spoiled and had a TV in my room. I would stay up late and just watch TV until I gradually fell asleep. Some nights I would stay up the entire night because I didn't want to go to sleep, I was a typical young kid afraid of nightmares. But the trailer seemed to have a different "feeling" at night not like I am just scared of the dark feeling it is hard to explain.

See my room was at the very end of a long dark narrow hallway that leads to the living room. I would stare into the darkness sometimes really hard concentrating (for what reason I am not sure maybe fear or curiousness but I couldn't look away it was a long time ago and its hard for me to understand why I did that now being older) and then what I saw was a reddish-orangish dotted figure yes that is what I saw a perfect figure of a man made up of reddish oranges dots walking slowly towards me.

This happened four times it seemed to happen once every month there was a few weeks between each encounter. Every time right away the hair on my neck would shoot up I would get a chill and I was scared to death. What I did was since I didn't want to sit in my room and see what he would do or what was going to happen I closed my eyes and ran straight through him and into my parents bedroom. I didn't bother to tell my parents I just thought I was crazy and they wouldn't believe me.

The most memorial time with these experiences was the last one. I saw him again and I did the same thing, I tried running through him and into my parents bedroom but this time I tripped right on top of him. When I felt I was barley passed this figure and I couldn't see it anymore but when I tried getting up I couldn't; it felt like I was being held down (could have been fear that kept me from moving but I swear I was trying to run for it) it took a little while before I stumbled further a little more and got up and ran.

Then it never happened again I always slept with my door tightly shut and I NEVER looked or concentrated on the hallway again and it seemed to stop. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this type of figure a reddish dotted man because I have never heard any other stories of this type of entity being seen. I am confused thinking back on this and I am curious now to what it was all about.

Also does anyone have a lot of nightmares when living in a somewhat haunted house? Like I said I had a lot of nightmares in the trailer then the next house I moved in was one of the oldest houses in our town (go figure). It seemed like that house was haunted too. I always heard footsteps (the usual stuff) and my mom even said she saw a figure of a man standing at the door one night.

Even at this house I had a lot of nightmares but only occurring in the upstairs part of the house or the basement (WHICH almost always is the same one with me walking upstairs or basement then something just grabs me out of no where and I hear voices and screaming it gives me the chills just thinking about them now) I never had a nightmare occurring on the first floor of the house that is where I felt most comfortable. I even slept in the living room for a long time as a child in that house instead of my room.

I just want to get feedback. Hopefully, I am not crazy but these are my experiences and this is my first story written so I apologize if it is bad. I think I just hit two houses with spirits in them and now that we moved to this new house I rarely ever have nightmares (never about the house) and I have had no spiritual encounters or appearances so I am doing well now. Thanks for reading and any input would be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dustin937, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Georgiasmith (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Hi I'm new to this site aswell. I have been searching all over the net to find a site that mentions a red man! Since I was young I have woken up in sweats and seen a red man in the corner of my room watching me. Sounds crazy but it happens at most once a month but normally I wake up seeing this "man" 4-5 times a year. I freaks me out and I then struggle to sleep for the rest of the night, I'm eightneen now and still see the man every so often.
Just thought I would post to tell you my experiences
SisterAbby (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Hi Dustin, The past few weeks my 16 year old sister has seen the same entity. I've searched all over the internet and you seem to be the only other person that has seen this. I have no clue what this "red dotted man" wants with either you or my sister, but everytime she see's him, he gets a little closer, and she's getting really scared from it all. The last time she saw him, it was in the dark, and she said where his eyes were supposed to be, it was all black. It's starting to freak me out, too. Only because I can see the real fear in her eyes, and I've been with her two of the times she saw him... Have you seen him lately, or just as a child? And since then, has anything weird happend? I'm just scared for my little sister, we've been through a lot of death's this past year, and recently I lost my boyfriend to a car accident. I don't know if any of that links to this "man" but I just wanted to hear what you think of this. Your the only other person I know that can relate with my sister, and not call her crazy.
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
i tihnk that you said you concentrate on lookin you're thinking to hard and what you want to see is accually there. I mean that what you think you want to see its there but not really do you get what m saying?! And I think it was jsut fear holding you down it happens a lot its happened to me



~frenchie~
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Living in a haunted house I did have a lot of nightmares here. So did my friend Sarah living across the hall. The nightmares ceased for the both of us when we got dream catchers from Cherokee NC.
Dustin937 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
First off I would like to say all of you or most of the people I have seen on these forums are the kindest bunch of people I have ever seen on forums and just want to thank you all for your support it is rare I see this kindness from everyone (I got o a lot of video games forums because I play a lot of videogames).
I agree it could have been watching tv too much and I definitly agree I was just astonished by it that I would keep staring intently into the dark but all I know is that I was scared. I didn't think about ghosts at that age I don't recall I don't even think I realized it was a ghost I was just confused and scared.
To be more specific my feelings felt when I saw this man was definitly confusion and fear may have felt something else but I don't remember. When I fell it just felt like I was stuck and could not move but I was semi infront of the entity by this time and couldn't seem him then when I stumbled forward and got away I didn't look back I just ran to my parents room. Everytime I didn't see where or what he would do after he got halfway down the hall because I just ran through it.
If I were older I am sure I would have tried to see what it was going to do or maybe even try to talk to it too bad I was only 8 and all I could do that is run to my parents. It does seem I might have some sort of 6th sense I have a lot of other minor experiences throughout my life.
Ill care to share some of these sometimes I get very random very specific "shiver" feelings that go down my back not because I am cold it comes out of no where and everytime this specific little feeling goes over me it acts as a warning it seems. Happened once while I was driving my car and a few blocks down a dog ran out infront of my car and I had to slam on my breaks and I was literally inches from hitting the dog. Another time when I was younger that I do recall is playing with my sister and I got the "Shiver" maybe a minute later she slips on the couch and hits her head on a glass table we had. My most recent experience was sitting here on the couch and I got the shiver so instictively I got up now knowing the feeling and I walked around making sure everything was ok went upstairs and checked on my mom who was working on her laptop. I came down and noticed my mom had left the over on (this was later at night almost bout to go to sleep). So it actually helped me in this situation and I think I will try and harnis whatever 6th sense or senses I may have.
Just wanted to thank everyone again and it really is my pleasure sharing my experiences with you all... Everyone take care:).
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Regarding nightmares, about 20 years ago I was staying over a friends house because a snowstorm made it impossible to travel. This home was a VERY BA Christain home and you would think a person would feel really safe there but instead I had trouble falling asleep and when I finally did, I had nightmare after nightmare... It was the worst night of my life (36 yrs)!

I don't know if my uneasiness made the nightmares or if there was something there that caused the nightmares and the uneasiness was me sensing something at the house.

I have seen white dotted wings on the wall (angel?) but not a full figure in colors.

Hope to hear more from you Dustin937
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Lets get this straight. You are NOT crazy.
I have had a similar experience before but seems too much like a childish monster under the bed thing to put up the Dots I would go with the comment before this Dry eyes or Strained eyes. You said you were not afraid of the dark. Nobody is. It's just the lack of control that makes people feel unsafe.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
As you saw this entity repeted times, I would saw there was something there.

The spots may have been caused by your eyes, as you were staring so intently at the being, the spots appeared from eye strain or dryness.

Thanks for sharing!
motherofsix (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hey I am new here 2. I am waiting to see if my story will be posted. I saw things as a child and was always scared at night or when I was alone. Still am. I 2 had a lot of nitemares or bad dreams. I seemed to dream of snakes crawling on me alot. I could even feel them. My dreams at times have been very real like. I am in my 40's now and still have things happen just not as often as I did as a child. I never could watch scary movies as a child so I don't know where my dreams came from. Good luck and God bless you
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi Dustin and welcome to this site. I thought I could explain this by saying that you were watching to much tv. But since you saw him four times I believe that's impossible! I had a feeling that this spirit was passing by. But who knows? He was there four times. Thanks fro sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hey Dustin, I have a theory for you.

When you were stairing intently for long periods of time at darkness, You may have gone into some kind of a meditation.

You know the little experiment when your a kid, you put on a blindfold and and your able to hear and smell and touch better?

Perhaps you actually, in a way, make your sixth sense get stronger, by compromising your sense of sight, hearing etc.

That (I believe) is why you get better results while your ghost hunting in the dark as compared to ghost hunting in daytime. It's a heightend sense of being.

But then again, it's only a theory.

Good luck man! Love, peace, and chicken grease:)
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Dustin--Interesting to read of the red-orange apparition you saw as a child. Just this evening on Sci-Fi channels Ghost Hunters International, the team was in a posh mansion in England where a shadowy figure of the same color was described by the owner who said 15 guests had seen it too. The topper is that the GHI investigators took photos--3 in rapid succession while calling upon the ghost to show itself--and while photos 1 & 3 showed a white wall and brown radio, photo 2 showed the red-orange phantom! So you clearly have second sight. Hope things are well with you now.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi, cool story. Don't worry I don't think your crazy. I believe you.
GIRLIE 😁 😆 ❤ (:
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Dustin, hi. I must say, I've never heard of an entity presenting as a reddish orange figure, that's interesting. The figure didn't seem threatening with its actions in any way. I was wondering, did you have any specific feelings or emotions when you crossed through the figure or was your fear caused by it being unknown and unexplained? When you stumbled and fell what was the entity doing? Did it turn to you?Disappear?It may have been a residual haunting since it performed the same actions each time. I would say it was definitely residual if it didn't react to you at all. I think you are sensitive to these supernatural presences, the nightmares and feelings you had about certain areas seem to support this. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it.
dreamer72 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
It could be that being that scared right b4 you go to sleep allowed your subconcius to bring those nightmares on. I had lots of bad dreams growing up probably due to watching too many horror flicks 😁!

Were any of your nightmares about the red dot man? Or about the things that happened in these places?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: