You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Message to my Mother

Real Ghost Stories

A Message to my Mother

 

One night, me and my mom were talking about ghosts, and whether or not she believes in them. She told me this story. Years and years ago, when I was very little, my mom and dad didn't get on very well, mostly because his mother didn't approve of her. One day, my mom couldn't find my father anywhere, so she went over to his mother, and she said angrily "He's gone away from you! for good, and that's all I have to say to you", and she slammed the door in my mom's face. Weeks past, and my mom was in despair. She said that her and her own mother were best friends, and at the time, she wished her mother had been there to help her through the situation. But both her father and mother were dead about 5 years at that time.

One night she had a dream she was walking down a lain way, the one to her childhood house, and she said her mother was at the end of the lain. Her mother spoke to her and said "don't worry about anything, he has just gone away on sea but he will be back shortly, don't worry about the kids". She woke up, and on that day, my dad came knocking on the door. He then told my mom where he had been. "I was in London with my brothers" he said. Of course, there was no particular reason why he should have gone, I think he was seeing another woman, well at least I think that's what his mother thought, and to this day, my mom remembers that dream she had, so now I feel a little better when I tell her about all the strange things that do go on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
it is strange that why he did not say to your mother well understandable and even where did this experience took place keep us poting more
Scary boy 😆
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-08)
That is a very interesting story. I wonder why he would not tell your mother? I guess thuings were different at that time. At least your mother found some comfort in her mothers words.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
thanks for sharing your story with us. It was a nice story you have told us. I enjoyed reading it. 😊
Tara (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-03-30)
Janice, I don't think Caitlin is right. There's nothing wrong with you giving advice.

This is a good story. I had a dream about my Grandmother once (who has been dead for about 16 years). She was dead in my dream. I do believe that if you dream about someone who has passed on, they are trying to tell you something. And this is definitely an indication.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+3
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
I'm just trying to be nice, my advice may be horrible, but I'm just trying to help in a nice way. Would you like me better if I was screaming at people? Would you'd rather read my comments if I was mean to people and just telling them even stupider stuff than I do? If I'm really that annoying, just tell me so that I can stop coming to this website and there all your misery on seeing my name on everybody's page could end. Buttons4me, I'm sorry that this is happening on your page, but if you read my last comment on your story, is Caitlin right about what she is telling me?
Caitlin (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Ok hi you have a nice story but I need to talk to this Janice girl!! You have been on every bodys page sending them horible advice!!! you need to stop!!! You are really annoying and you are way to nice. No Affense!!!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
I think that God sent an angel or maybe even it was him in the dream as another body to tell your mother that it would be ok and that he wasn't leaving her. That is a truly wonderful story and I think that your mom is lucky to have had that dream, that is remarkable but very common for someone to have a dream telling that person what's going to happen later. I can't really say what it feels like because, honestly, I have never had an experience like this but it really is shocking and you don't really know what to feel when you have a dream like this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: