You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost... My Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost... My Ghost

 

A little background information before I discuss my story, this is my first one. I enjoy ghost hunting, here in Montana there are plenty of places to do that (old hospitals, a cemetery or two, old buildings). I'm somewhat sensitive to the "other side". I see and hear things, that I keep to myself. A select few know of my gift, mostly friends.

Here it goes;

October 31st, 2007. I went on a ghost hunt with my roommates in college to an old unused hospital just a couple hours drive from our dorm. One roommate was named Damon, the other, Justin. (I got permission to use their names). Damon was very excited, and decided to bring along his Ouija board (constructed in the mid 1900's he got it a few years before as a present from his step-father). I do not use Ouija boards at all. I believe them to be evil.

The hospital was quite big so we split up, I being the brave one went alone to the north part, and the other two went to the south part. We do not use any equipment simply because we are poor college kids; I brought a pad and pen to write down anything that happens.

While I was inspecting the two guys decided to break out the old Ouija board, they had used it in the past and had gotten stronger experiences from it. They immediately got a response when they started using it, a figure 8, it did that for some time before saying its name was "Jo" (female), they spoke to it, asked it to move certain objects, or make noises.

Finally they got it to tip a flashlight over, so they grew bolder, and eventually asked it to show itself. It said bluntly "no", so they started to insult this being, saying it was weak. It eventually gave in, but warned that they would regret it if they saw her. Damon then told "Jo" to show herself to me. "Jo" answered with a quick repetition of figure 8's along the board. Then the planchette moved to goodbye.

While this was going on I had no idea what was I was about to see...

I entered a small 30'x30' room. I asked if there was anyone with me here in this room, and if they would make themselves known to me. My flashlight went dead right after I asked. Then in the corner I saw what looked like some kind of white figure, contorted backwards, with and arching back on all fours. It was completely pale and bald. I could see it was female, it had no clothes on. It took everything I had in me to not run screaming, I had to remind myself that some ghost hunters go their whole lives without seeing a full body apparition and this was no opportunity to pass up.

Fear gripped me, but I stepped closer. The figure made no noise, no movement at all. It just stayed in its contorted position. I got within ten feet of it. I was horrified, and could not move any closer. I still remember to this day exactly what it looked like. It slowly moved its bald head to look at me. I looked straight into pure black eyes, it grinned. I felt like a rabbit being watched by a wolf. It was then when my courage failed, I ran yelling for Damon and Justin. We left at once.

I didn't speak, I was too scared. My friends new me to be brave and anything that scared me enough to shut me up for a two hour drive in the middle of the night was a force to be reckoned with.

When we got back to our dorm we recounted our evening, it is my understanding that once the Ouija conversation was over the being showed itself to me.

I don't know if it was a ghost or a demon. It looked real, like I could of touched it, but it was unearthly.

Note* I wasn't using any drugs or alcohol, I have had regular check-ups, and apart from being a little pudgy I'm in good physical and mental condition.

I would like any insight you wish to give me, I'm new to this website. I don't know a lot about the supernatural, any information you can give would be nice.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gary11872, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
Well you saw a demon 100% demon, how do I know that? Because it came from the Ouija board, only demons come from a Ouija board. I have also seen demons before, years and years ago.
The one or ones I saw were wearing a black hooded coat it looked like to me, he was all black, blacker then the dark and a very cold feeling come from him.

I've also seen what happens when you burn a Ouija board, the whole fire stove will turn red and it will cry out yelling.

Oh yeah and the demon you saw will still be there, because your friend may have for gotten to say goodbye on the Ouija board.

Take care,

Walter 😊
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Well...wow. I'm very new to YGS, but have managed to read through quite a few of the stories that are posted here. And I have to say that by far yours has been the one to creep me out the most. Whether you indeed encountered something of a paranormal nature, there's no saying for sure with an absolute positivity. All we have to go on with is your word and your word alone. Given that you haven't fabricated a single bit of what you say you encountered, I certainly want to say that it sounds like you encountered something of the paranormal nature. I do however want to give you props for how you were able to paint a good picture of the exact scene as you experienced it. I highly doubt what I saw in my head was what you actually saw, but it stirred my imagination enough and made me cringe. Can't say I would have stuck around as long as you did. A great read. Thanks for sharing! 😊
Barbhd (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Hi Gary
I also live in Montana, and we have an abandoned hospital in my town, though it has been recently renovated into apartments. One question I have to ask is how long has this hospital you investigated been abandoned? The reason I ask is because some medical procedures didn't exsist long ago and the appearance of the apparition you saw could be for other reasons. Another question... Did this hospital have a mental ward? That might also explain a strange appearance. Patients on lithium or strong valium can have the appearance of having "black colored eyes".
Please look into the history of this building and let us know.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
What he saw DEFINITELY had something to do with the Ouija board, and it was a demon. Demon spirits can take on any form and appear as sweet as possible, be aware that they are all malevolent beings, which is why they instill fear. Destroy the Ouija board for your own sake. Email at treygcs [at] hotmail.com if wanted.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
OMG! I am certain most of the fellow writers on here have said it all, but I will chime in my two cents.

On future hunts, only take individuals with you who take this seriously and will NOT dare the unknown.

This being was invited to show it self, thus a portal open. Whew. I am so glad for all three of you, you got out of there as quickly as you did.

I look forward to hearing more of your hunts!

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
What you saw may have nothing to do with anyone using a ouija board. You may have just been in the right place and being alone you had an experience. While you didn't have equipment to document any of this it just becomes a personal experience. You can see why it's always better to ghost hunt in pairs so more than one person can validate what they are seeing or hearing. You were not provoking anything so I have to be a bit hesitant about thinking they sent this spirit to you. I have a problem with demon anything being that I don't think there is such things to my knowledge. Could you have encountered a demented or physically deformed person who once resided there? Possibly. You may be sensitive and encounterd a lost spirit that died tragically in that place. I would invest in a digital camera or borrow one and try investigating that place one more time. This time don't be alone. You sound like a stable person with a lot of nerve so don't let this shake you. You need to amass hard evidence but unfortunately the spirits don't usually show up on cue.
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Gary, I don't know if you're plain nuts 😉 or got gumption to return after that experience, but if you're determined to go back I'll make requests for your protection when I pray. Demons are one group of entities I never, ever want to encounter or tangle with. They can bring sickness, misfortune, and tragedy into people's lives. They have varying degrees of evilness and power, and I hope the one you met is the more benign type.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I would be afraid to even guess at what you saw but if I were you the next time I went ghost hunting I would leave Damon and Justin at home. It is unwise to provoke something when you don't know what it is-that's like going bear hunting with a hickory switch,you're just asking for it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
wow. You had me in suspense and this is the scarriest story I have read on here so far. I am adding it to my favorites. Thanks.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Wow. I am not sure what you saw. However, I think that it said its name and told your friends that it wasn't pretty. Bald and shaped funny, could she have died from a disease in the hospital? I still wonder about the solid black eyes, though. I am frightened by little, but I think I would have done the same thing you did. Like Brian said once on "Ghost Hunters"..."Dude, RUN..."...lol
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
well if it had no cloths on and a female bold then I would say it was a demon! Cause ghost really look like this "In the day they day, they wear the same cloths on the day they died, and they would have a chain in their chest" so it was 100% demon or somethin else.

Dory

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Wow that was a very interesting ghost hunt. It was a great ghost hunt and what you saw is something others rarely or never do. I have to agree with other members here that your friends broke some simple rules. And because the rules were broken I think you were lucky that nothing happened to you. But I think they were even more lucky. A good friend told me that the first thing going ghost hunting is that we show respect. With respect there are better chance that something bad won't happen. You must think that a spirit was once a person like you and I and we should laugh at it. The ouji board can bring good spirits in but it can bring evil spirits in aswell. Remember that a ouji board can only be used by smart people. Like a friend of mine said its like a gun. A smart one knows how to use one and will probably do no harm to any one. But someone dumb can hurt somebody and probably himself too. I realy enjoyed reading your story and I am looking forward to reading your other ghost hunts. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Ghost hunting is a serious business, first too many inexperienced persons go on a ghost hunt for a "lark". There are rules in ghost hunting and some are as follows.

1.Because you could get hurt in an old run down building or meet evil humans or spirits your should: never go alone and do not leave a group and go off on your own. Buddy up at all times.

2. Always get permission from the owner of the place you are investigating or you could get arrested for trespassing.

3. Do not drink or do drugs before during or after a hunt (I know you didn't)

4. You should have some kind of equipment, a recorder, camera, note paper, walkie/talkies, copper dowsing rods. (Even poor college students should have some of these things) Good equipment can be expensive but something is better than nothing, and if you find you really want to continue ghost hunting then you can invest in better equipment.

5. Document all happenings and later write a report of what went on in your own words. Then compare notes with the others and add or change as needed but keep your own experiences true and don't let others change your mind of the events of the night.

6. Also pray for protection, and tell the spirits they can't come home with you.

7. Ask the spirits for permission to take their picture, thank them and apoligize if you offend them. Don't provoke unless you are prepared for the consequences.

Of course these rules are not set in stone but are very wise suggestions. 😆
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Gary hi and thanks for submitting your experience. It was very interesting and scary.

I don't think I could possibly tell you if what you saw that night was a demon as I don't really know much about these matters but I wouldn't be too surprised if it were.

My comment concerns the ouija boards and ghost hunting.

I'm one of those who advise against the use of these boards since I believe they can attract unwanted as well as uninvited energies. Even if the spirit you have contacted or better, has answered your call claims to be a spesific individual, you can never be sure if it is what or who it claims to be, let alone know for certain who else is listening.

I've read of ways to destroy ouija boards and closing open portals and such but I have my doubts if you can actually do that. The reason is that I don't believe it's the ouija that establishes the connection. I believe that spirits exist in a parallel dimension and by sending out an invitation you're just tempting your fate.

I believe that ouija boards can help in achieving a more effective communication only because the entity can spell out (literally) its message.

On the contrary, I believe it's the person's sensitivity and concentration on the spiritual realm that causes that communication to come through.

Finally, I'm also against ghost hunting unless you have some experience and, of course, prepared to deal with the strong possibility of having someone or something following you around.

In short, just take good care of yourself and don't unwillingly participate in things you are not sure you can handle.
freaktips (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
nice story...!
Well creepy too... Well I don't think Ouija boards are evil. But your friends should not have asked that entity to show itself... Things could have gotten nasty.
I agree with Ohmy... It might have been a demon but one thing is also true that a demon would have done something nasty with you guys for insulting it so it could have been a ghost too...!
Well keep posting...! 😁 ❤
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Bellissima:

In the past months since I haven't seen or heard anything that could be related too it.

I also have other stories I'd like to tell, they will come in time. Don't worry.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
ohmy:
Yeah, I've been reviewing some books from the library, and I have come to the conclusion that this must have been a demon. This in some ways makes the experience scarier, I don't know how many poeple have actually seen demons. I'll be heading up to that same location in the next week or so. I hope to get some answers, or at the very least another sighting.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I myself stayed at an abandoned hospital once. It was not a pleasant experience at all. I found out later that the place was one of the most haunted places in my state. What you experienced must have been pretty disturbing and probably related to the use of Ouija. I don't believe in coincidences. I would have beaten my friends stupid for pulling a stunt like that.
ohmy (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
What a frightening encounter and an ugly sight it must have been. I couldn't help finding it somehow comical the part about, "It took everything I had in me to not run screaming, I had to remind myself that some ghost hunters go their whole lives without seeing a full body apparition and this was no opportunity to pass up... Fear gripped me, but I stepped closer..."

That took nerves of steel. The physical description of the apparition, notably the part about its pure black eyes, lead me to believe it was a demon.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi gary.Well, if that was the entity that your friends were communicating with through the board, then I think that was really nasty of them to tell it to show itself to you. Even worse that they got you involved in their foolishness, especially after you told them that you wanted nothing to do with the ouija board. I hope they haven't opened you up to trouble because of their thoughtless behaviour.I'm not trying to worry you, I don't even know if it's possible since you weren't a willing participant and not involved in calling the entity through. I don't know a whole lot about the oiuja, they scare me and I won't mess with them either. The entity sounds terrifying, nightmare material. Like tkkchang, I ended up with quite a vivid and disgusting image in my mind. The whole experience sounds horrifying. Thanks for sharing your experience.I'd be interested in hearing about anything that comes of this for you or your friends.I'd also like to hear about some of your other experiences.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Yeah, a big part of the time when using an Ouija, well, demons can say they're ghost, they can say they're a demon, or whoever or whatever, The thing is, is it was most likely a demon, even from your description, that's what it sounds like.
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
OMG! I hope I never see anything like that... As soon as you discribed it I pictured it and it was so scary... Sorry I was no help... 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: