You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Flowers Vanished From Old Grave Yard

Real Ghost Stories

Flowers Vanished From Old Grave Yard

 

This took place in the country and my mother recalls, at the age of sixteen her mom told her not to ever go into the old grave yard down the road from where they lived. Her mother mentioned, she heard stories about it. My mother didn't believe any of this at all!

One day, in the summer time, my mother was out for a walk and she was passing this old grave yard and decided to take a look in there. She did and noticed that there was all these white and yellow flowers growing up. They kind of looked like roses but, they didn't look the same. She picked a few and brought them home with her. Her mother had asked her where she got the flowers. My mother told her from the old grave yard down the road. Her mother got a bit annoyed at her and said, "I told you never to go in that old grave yard!" My mother just nodded and said, "Why? What's going to happen?" "Nothing is happening in there!" Nothing more was said about it that day!

Three days later, they were going for a drive in their car and, her mother stopped the car right beside the old grave yard and said, "Let's go in there..." They did and right away my mother wondered where all those flowers went! Every flower was gone! They did leave eventually and went back home. The flowers my mother had picked a few days earlier where dead and brown in the vase filled up with water. The flowers were alive before they left that day for only a short length of time. My mother thought, it was real strange how the flowers on the table suddenly, died and how strange all those flowers vanished! They had no storms of any kind and she figures nobody had picked them all!

This is just to odd to kind an explanation for it! I'm not sure if, there is one. Thank you, for reading.

Other hauntings by canadian123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, canadian123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hi,
I asked my mother some questions as I promised. She said, she believes it was something that was paranormal and her mother never told her why she couldn't go in there. Her mother just heard these stories over the years about that grave yard.Also,her mother wanted to prove something to herself by going in there. Her mother and my mother are both psyhic and my mother believes, her mom had the power in her own mind to kill those flowers. She caused a lot of other illusions as well.
😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hi,Well I don't know it could have been anything. A cow that got lose or something like that.
GIRLIE πŸ˜•
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Either I woulk take Tiniths advice to heart, or you never know. You say you do not think the cemetary is mowed regularly... Perhaps the residents that remain there fo rwaht ever reason wanted some beauty.

Thanks for sharing,

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I do know flowers can come and go very quickly due to weather changes. Flowers in the house rarely last more than a day or so before becoming wilted but if it looked fresh when you left and dead when you returned a short time later I don't know what to make of that. The flowers in the graveyard could have just run their course and petered out. I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the paranormal or just nature in general.
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi,Everybody
This is a very old grave yard and I don't think, it was mowed. It's not taken care of and I will ask my mother more about this place. I will try to respond back.Thanks,for your comments on this.😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Maybe it had been mowed? Just a thought... What a weird happening though...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Well I don't know why your mom wasn't allowed to enter that grave yard by her mom but later they decided to stop and check that place out. A little wired but possible. Soemthings can be explained. I think that a frost over night was enough for the flowers to die. Flowers are very deicate. I don't think there was anything paranormal here. But again I could be wrong, but I realy enjoyed reading your story. Do you know why your mom wasn't allowed there? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Marg hi and thanks for sharing.

I wanted to ask you if your mom ever explained to you why her own mother decided to visit that cemetery that day. She felt so strongly about going in there before so there must have been a reason.
motherofsix (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Sure would love to know if anyone has an explanation. Weird though hope someone can help

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: