You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Never Left Me

Real Ghost Stories

She Never Left Me

 

Growing up, I had always been religious and there was no doubt in my mind about Heaven and Hell, demons and angels, and God and the Devil. On the other hand, I was extremely skeptical about spirits, ghosts, and paranormal activity in general. I just couldn't imagine that after people left us here on earth that they could come back to us at times. This belief was about to be seriously tested.

One day my mother informed me that a psychic medium would be at my aunt's house and asked if I would like to go seeing as the year before I had lost my grandfather and great-grandmother just months apart. I figured I would go, but I had reservations because I had heard of a lot of scams involving psychic mediums. This one was different.

He refused to hear anything about our loved ones or who we wanted to contact and we were not permitted to say more than yes or no. We began the session and I waited and waited for someone to show up and just when I was giving up, he said my great grandmother appeared behind me. His physical description of her was perfect, same with her personality and health. He pinpointed the reason she died and certain personality traits were right on the money.

Some things he told me just didn't add up though. I wrote everything he told me down and showed my parents when I got home. The things that didn't add up? They were all TRUE. It just so happened that I didn't know about those things in her life, so how could he have known? Although I did not get to personally see my grandmother as an actual apparition, my belief in spirits is completely solid. Just knowing that she is there is enough. Hopefully one day I will actually witness the woman who practically raised me.

I feel so comforted to know that my grandmother really is still with me no matter where I go or what I do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nsoares423, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
i fully inderstand you, I was so gratefull to hear my grand grand mother talking to me, and seeing my grandmother who I never knew, I felt comforted knowing that tough they both were long deceased they still tought of me 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hello nsoares423.There's nothing like a good shock to your system to get you to thinking. I am just thankful that your first experience with a medium was the "real McCoy".I truly enjoyed your story and thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Thanks for sharing - that's really amazing - knowing that someone is there - especially a loved one. Have you ever seen/felt, well experienced anything after that, that might confirm she is with you at times?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hi,
Story really touched my heart, to be honest made me want to cry. I was really close to my grandmother, she died about 8 years ago, and I find when I am really down, feeling alone, her face appears before me, I sometimes find myself talking to her, I wish she was still here, she was always there for me.

Beatiful story, thank you for shring it with us.

Surya
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Well there are some mediums who prtend they are sencitives. But the truth is there are some who have great abilities. It is nice to hear that your grandmother is beside you. I agree with you that spirits have the ability to visit. Maybe they just dropp in for a while to see how we are doing. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
jessysteyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
hi there, glad to hear that your gran is still with you... You know that you are protected by a loved one.

Keep well
Jessysteyn
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I suppose the ones that raised us and have cared for us in real life will always be there in spirit to support and protect us and eventually guide us to the everlasting world when our time comes!

It's such a beautiful thought, isn't it?

Thank you for sharing.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings nad salutations,

Hello nsoares423, first of all I would like to say that you are very blessed that your grandmother is watching over you and second of all I want to thank you for sharing this heart warming story, I have lost many in the past and your story brought me hope. Thank you once again, Gooday and God bless
SapphireWings (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Of course she'll never leave you, nsoares423. Thanks for sharing this nice story. I really liked it and I hope everyone will to! 😊

Love,
SapphireWings ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: