You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Michael: Not Just Imaginary

Real Ghost Stories

Michael: Not Just Imaginary

 

When I was younger, I had an Imaginary friend, his name was Michael. I knew he wasn't just imaginary, but I couldn't prove it until, one day when I was reading psychic stories on psychic experiences.com.

It was the story "bird boy spirit" A Girl named Beth, a psychic, told some about her spirit guide, Michael. I commented on the story and asked her about Michael, and if he was the one I used to see, she answered, and she said that he watched over me. That second I finally had proof, that Michael was real. I knew that I had many health problems when I was young, I had allergies and I lost a lot of weight... Maybe he saved me from dying?

I could never help thinking about the supernatural. Some people think that at a young age people are more open to seeing spirits, they haven't had time to train their minds not to see such things, and part of it is parents too, how many times have parents tucked their children into bed saying, "There are no such thing as ghosts, you just had a bad dream..."?

They shouldn't be teaching their children to be reluctant to these spirits, they should be teaching them to accept them. If my parents had done that with me, I would still see Michael. I thought he left me and went away. But now understand he didn't leave me, I left him.

Once when I was 3 years old my mother walked into my room and I was singing "Happy Birthday" She asked why, and I just said, "It's Michael's birthday!" Sometimes on that day once a year at midnight I can hear it. Its truth and lies, what's real and what's not, I know He's real

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haley9045, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DawnsAngel (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
That was a nice story 😊 And yes, maybe not all imagnary friends are just make-beleive:) My cousin had an imaginary friend called Jack and now his son has an imaginary friend with that name! And my cousin never told him before 😐
Hargan (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I actually had to comment on one comment: getting children to believe ghosts/spirits are real.

Bad plan.

Most people's greatest defense against nastier spirits (as seen in many stories on here about people being attacked by spirits) is a disbelief so strong, that if someone were to be scratched by a spirit, they would not see the wounds. Spirits cannot hurt them.

I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just trying to get the point through that well, not everything is happy. You've had a great experience, and that's good. Nothing wrong with that. I've had a few experiences with good spirits too, and it's really amazing. But ask a person who has been attacked if they'd like to have avoided the attack by not believing, and I'm sure they'd say so.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I've been through a similar situation, except I knew my friend was a ghost. All of them have moved on now. 😁 Except the dog I think... 😕 It's pretty cold under my desk. *Sigh*

About Michael. I agree that he was trying to protect you, but maybe he was done protecting. He moved on to the Light, or another child/person.

I also understand about the parenting part. It really doesn't soothe a kid when the parents say, "Oh, there's nothing to be scared about..."
When I saw my first ghost, that wasn't just the normal, casual stuff. 😐 Yeah, not fun. When that particular parent had an experience, he didn't seem all that cheery.

Jasmin314: I wouldn't personally try to find a spirit, but I would let the spirit come to you. You risk much less, and the spirit may need help, or just give you some more protection later in life. I haven't experienced anything out of ordinary for the year last year, and now this summer, a ghost came to me for help.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hi, very cool story. And your right moms and dads should try to make the kid be happy about seeing the ghost because there not going to hurt the kid so why fear them. Some kids who have moms and dads that don't like it when there kid says they see ghost could have a psychic kid. Some from those moms and dads think that if thier well think from Harry Potters aunt and unlce. So to the ones who do care about it. Good for you.
GIRLIE 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
hi haley. I to believe that Micheal was there for a reason. He was there to protect you. But I disagree that we should teach youyng children about ghost. I would never do that because I wouldn't want a kid coming to my bed every night. My brother anbd sister always scared me about spirits when I was young. When we were home alone they would go out side at night and bang on the windows and dorrs and make all these different sounds. I had to slepp with the light on until I was 14 😆.Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I do think kids can see things adults can't. My own son at age 2 insisted the trash woobas lived in our hallway and we had to put them into our pocket when we would be leaving the house. He didn't like leaving them behind. When we returned we had to put them back where they belonged. Was this just childish nonsense? Could be. But he also use to coo and smile and babble away at a thermostat in our first apartment. It was not colorful or eye catching to say the least but he loved talking to it and would laugh out loud. I don't know what he was seeing but there was a murder in that building a few years before we moved in. Was he seeing the spirit of the person who died in there? If he was, he wasn't afraid of it so it had to be a good spirit. Of course as he got older all that stopped. I didn't tell him his make believe friends were not real we just went along with it and humored him. He is now 33 and if you asked him if he believed in ghosts he would say no way. He has no recollection of the trash woobas. So maybe it was just all make believe. Hard to say. Great story I enjoyed it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
All that needs saying has already been said. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
armymp76544 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I thank god every day that I had a mother that shared my vision and did not stiffle it so that I never shut myself off to seeing things that others didn't and now I have a stepson and a wife who both share in my gift and we ensure to teach our child that it is ok to see these things, but as my mother taught me and her mother taught her we teach him to be guarded in who we allow to know that we can see them
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Parents often want to soothe away the so called 'boogey man', and truth be told, some of these entities are the 'boogie man'. In protecting their children, the child often misses out on the part of knowing their guardian angels, like you did with Michael.

I do not think you chased Michael off, I think you were at a point were Michael had done his job and was able to move on to help another child.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi! Thanks for the story! I had an imaginary friend too. I can't remember what I called him, but I thought of him to be my big brother. I never told anyone that. You are the 1st! Like Jasmin said, you can always find a spirit. Just don't ever EVER use a quija board! Those things are EVIL! Take care!
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I believe you, because the stories posted on this website about imaginary friends are real, and an old friend of mine had the same experience. Only a little different. But if your parents don't believe you then that's their loss. And keep us all informed!

Truly,
Hunters
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi haley and thanks for a sweet story. I think Michael was there for a reason:to protect you until you were strong enough to stand on your own feet. You were lucky to have had a guardian and a special memory to cherish always!
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That was a cute story. I believe you. Parents forget what it is like to be a kid sometimes. I have a child of my own and I always remind myself not to forget what it is like to be a kid. That way, instead of falsely accusing, I can be understanding. My imagination was accused of seeing ghosts as a kid. My mother believed me, but my father never did. You mentioned that you left him, he didn't leave you. Well if you put your mind to it, you can find new spririt friends. It's not hard, but be careful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: