You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Guardian Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Spirit?

 

Hey all, first time ever really writing about this stuff, so hopefully someone will be able to shed some light into what's really going on.

My parents have a solid history with hauntings, as my dad's home growing up had a few spirits in it - not that they did anything more than wander around the house, up and down the stairs, out on the porch, and occasionally open and close doors, not to mention that after using the Ouija at my aunts place, they had glasses and dishes flying around the room shattering against walls and such. I however, never really have.

Now, when I concentrate, I can see and feel energies to a degree, but nothing really conclusive. However, growing up there has been one somewhat constant being that I was able to see.

Walking down the hallway to and from my bedroom at night, with the lights off, I would occasionally in the corner of my eye see something in one of the dark rooms off of the hall. It was mostly there, and mostly when I was already in a somewhat creeped out mood for one reason or another.

It was a black creature, with the body shape and size of a bear, and a somewhat baboon like face. It would be covered in odd lines kind of like tattoos, but the whole thing looked... Negative. The areas that would be darker or shadowed were grey, and the parts that weren't were black or transparent. It kind of looked like an Incan or Mayan sculpture or painting, some kind of ancient South American tribe, based on the lines, or tattoos, or whatever.

Very scary looking monster for all intents and purposes, however, I was never frightened when I saw it. Nervous yeah, but it always made me feel calm inside, or at least less afraid of whatever had been running in my imagination.

Now, I also saw it occasionally out in the woods at night, in the backyard, other people's houses. Always in the dark, and always peripherally though.

Now, a few things I want to point out - Throughout my entire life, I have not even once had a nightmare that I've remembered. Not a single dream that I would consider to be scary. I've never woken up screaming or in a sweat, with or without memory of why. Nothing associated with nightmares whatsoever.

Secondly, when I've been in places that supposedly had very strong and evil energy, I've always felt safe and protected. Certainly not effected by the negativity at least.

Also, when I was a child, I was afraid of the dark. In particular, monsters that would come out of my closet or the other rooms down the hall, and try to attack me. Blankets around my head were an incredible shield. I swear I could feel the presence of evil things prowling about my room at that age, and remember seeing shadows of things walking back and forth against the wall, though I'm sure now that I was probably dreaming or imagining that bit.

Further, and this one I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm particularly curious about - Through my entire life, whenever I've been in a discussion about the occult, spirits, aliens that kind of stuff, my eyes have welled up, and I've felt like I was going to cry. No emotional change, just my eyes going all wet, and my throat tightening up.

I'd come to the conclusion that this creature was some kind of guardian spirit for me, that it stopped me from having frightening dreams, that it shielded me from energies that could otherwise harm me, that it took it's form to sort of remove the fear of "monsters" from me, considering the peace I felt within it, and that for whatever reason, my connection with it, and my family's history with spirits, cause my body to react whenever such topics are brought up.

Now, I haven't seen or felt this creature in years, pretty much since I started believing that it was some kind of guardian, but I still think it watches me, as I've still yet to have a single dream I'd consider scary, I still can go into places with negative energies and be unaffected, and I still get that teary reaction.

I should also mention my reason for feeling the creature took it's form the way it did, which is that a friend of mine who'd always been afraid of people breaking into his house, had once seen it in the same place as I at the same time, and saw it in the shape of a man in black clothes with a black hat, which was the form his guardian spirit took.

If anyone has any idea of what the creature really is, or why I react that way if it's not related, please let me know. I'm trying to really open myself up to energies and spirituality right now, and I'd love to be able to finally conclude as to what's been happening with me all my life.

Other hauntings by Kisho

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kisho, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-24)
I might be coming in here a little late, but I want to tell you what I believe the creature is.

I believe you may have been indigenous in a past life and that this spirit is that of an animal totem type thing you believed in/prayed to in that past life.

This is the reason it's still following you in this lifetime.

You probably told it to do so, except you don't remember because it was long ago in another life.

It being in a neighbor's yard doesn't change anything. It's still in your vicinity and is watching after you.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Girlie - I don't think it was necessarily a bear, it just had a similar body shape and size. It wasn't a creature I'd ever seen before, just one that shared similarities with a couple.

As far as the guy in the hat, I've never seen him. That was my friend's perception.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Ok I have read your story thoroughly. I understand that you said you feel comfortable with this animal. I have heard of these beatsts with the markings and I heard they were evil. I honestly can't remember where I heard that from. Also, I thought that the man in the black coat and hat represented the satan? Anyone else heard of that?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hi, cool story. I think that in a past life what ever the thing is was something you liked to do if it. Here is an Ex. A woman had all these wofes in her life like she'll see 2 wofes going home at night. And she meet a Harry Wofe at her job. You know something like that. It could be a bear.
I hoped I helped.
GIRLIE 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Wow very interesting story. This creature indeed sounds very scary. I think I wouldn't want to see that thing. I agree with Kimo about the creature being your guardian. If it were realy evil I think you would know that. But on the otherhand this maybe a spirit interested in you. Thanks for your story. I hope to hera from you soon and take care
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
It's possible that the man my friend saw and the creature I saw were partners, but as we had both seen them in the exact same spot before, I always took it to be that the guardian spirits just show to us in a form that suits us. His was a man because he was afraid of people, and for me it was the creature, because I was afraid of monsters. I always believed they took those forms to help alleviate our fears. To show that the things we were afraid of weren't necessarily that frightening.

Also - I forgot to mention it in the story earlier, but the incan/mayan form thing pans out oddly, because the first time I ever successfully meditated (after years of trying,) I had a vision of what seemed to be a wall, with those same kind of designs on it. I felt like I should break it down, so it came apart peice by peice in my vision. Ever since then I've been a lot more spiritually sensitive. Still protected, but able to experience a lot more than I could before.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Do you think it's possible that the "monster" and the the man in black are two separate entities- partners maybe? Like a cop and his K-9 partner. We utilize our animals for different purposes, maybe these beings do the same thing. We have dogs that we train to protect and guard us, so maybe what you saw was an "otherworld" guard animal. I may be way off in left field but it's something to think about nevertheless. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Has everyone seen the black figure with a coat and hat? I did as a child. Makes me wonder if this is not akin to the hag phenomenon that many have witnessed? I don't know what it is you saw but sounds like it meant you no harm. I don't know if it's a spirit guide or what. Considering you were able to make out the features I don't think it reflects what people call shadow people which is more like the man with the coat and hat but no features that can be discerned. Wonder why it took that scary kind of persona? Not that it mattered you weren't afraid of it. Sounds like you may be sensitive and it may run in the family so this is your gift. I hope you use it wisely.
armymp76544 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I also have a guarian spirit that I believe is a family member from at least a century ago he is native american and has been my protector for at least the last 20 years I know he works well as he even went to Iraq with me twice and I survived 2 roadside bombs unscathed that surely would have at least cause some injury were it not for the intervention of something beyond my control so enjoy yourself and feel blessed that the lord has ensurred your safety through one of his chosen ones
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
MMMM, intereting, in fact, is the first time, I have heard of a guardian spirit taking the form of a bear or a cloacked man with a hat, in fact, here in my country, we have a different way of representing guardin spirits, I also want to point out that your mentioning of incan or southamerican idols, I am south american, I have seen such idols and statues, through my life, thi idols which you mentio, are of the precolombinan age, they are frightening, I would naver had imgined a guardian spirit taking such form. Good story
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I do think that regardless of this entities appearance, it is a guardian to you as you have the positive feelings when near it or around it.

I would also like to caution you to not let your guard down. Some the negative and dark entities can out on a very good show, getting you to feel as if they are good and positive, when indeed they are not and they simply want to use you for their own purposes.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: