You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Roaming Condo Imp 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Roaming Condo Imp 2

 

Several people asked for an update on the 'Roaming Condo Imp'. Well, here you go.

As I said last time my other neighbors are hardly ever home, well I think the imp got bored playing pranks there. So I guess it decided that it liked my condo, because it came back. When things started happening again I told it that if it messed with the dog or started being mean again I would 'banish' it from coming back. I read somewhere that banishing stops spirits from residences works. Does it?

So, I felt my hair get pulled, but not like a yank. I think it was trying to tell me that it understood, but I couldn't tell you.

So for a few weeks now it's been playing little tricks and stuff (switching things around, making stuff disappear, etc.) but not as bad as it had been the last time.

I wanted to make it feel more liked so I started calling it Bart (after the Simpsons character) and it will usually listen now when I ask it to not take certain things. I think that Bart has been lonely for a long time and was kind of angry with being ignored by people for so long. Holly, my dog, is still afraid of him, but I don't blame her. He hasn't done anything mean to her, hid a few of her toys, but nothing to the degree he used to. I figured out that Bart really likes to rummage through my clothes (girl spirit perhaps?) and take the cinnamon, and that usually never comes back.

But Bart has been a totally different entity. I think he actually is just naturally mischievous, but doesn't like to be ignored, or neglected. He doesn't like my friend Brookes at all, and I think that he is okay with Victoria coming over.

So far we are happily co-existing and I hope that as long as I remain in my condo we can be 'friends'. Maybe that's what he wanted, a friend.

What do you guys think he is? I'm still way curious, and there's no way I'm using an Ouija board.

Other hauntings by alex323

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alex323, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Wow this story was great. I must say that you must be strong not being affraid of Bart. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I wish I would have read your first part of the story. I must have missed it. I know a little about imps but I can't say this is what is haunting you. Could be nothing more than a resident spirit who just wants some attention. There is also the theory of teenagers and poltergeist activity. If you can live with it and be comfortable with it who is to say you can't co exist with it. I wonder if it will go away as you get older? Does it seem to be attracted to younger people or have older folks had any experiences?
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
hmm...I don't blame them on the cinnamon, that stuff is good for tea, hot coco, and french toast. 😁 At least he or she is being nice now.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
It sounds more like he/she/it is a type of "wee folk" rather than an imp or spirit. Just something else to think about. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Imps are usually described as mischievous more than seriously threatening, and as lesser beings rather than more important supernatural beings. The attendants of the devil are sometimes described as imps. They are usually described as lively and having small stature.

Some accounts of imps treat them as capable of being turned to good, because they are so desperately lonely they would do almost anything - even commit good deeds - to have a committed friend. However, imps are sometimes described as fond of music, and capable of being charmed into making a promise to aid, and "do good" in that manner through music - though there is always likely to be some mischievous trick to be attached to the barter.

Imps were the common name given to familiar spirits that served witches in the middle ages. Imps were usually kept inside artifacts such as gemstone pieces or vials and summoned for service by magics. An example of such an imp is one that was supposedly under the service of the alchemist Paracelsus.

If that sounds accurate, I think he/she likes you. Lol
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hmm. I think that it is very brave of you not to be prejudice towards this being. Maybe you are right, Maybe he/she only wants a friend. It is very kind of you to share your space the being. I think as long as it's not harming you or your pet, then it should be okay. Yeas and I agree with the previous poster, I love the stories that let me sleep at night as well. Thanks for your update! ❤ Jasmin
spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Whatever he actually is he sounds really cute 😁 I like reading stories like these... Ones that won't stop me from sleeping!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I found both of your stories fascinating.

Sounds like your little imp is a poltergeist in action!

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: