You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: A White Phantom Dog

Real Ghost Stories

A White Phantom Dog

 

This tale isn't so much about me but my children, actually. At the time this occurred, they were 7, 5, and 4 respectively, all girls, and utterly determined to share the same bedroom, no matter how much space we actually enjoyed. The girls are close, love each other a lot, and are never far apart from each other, which is nice, since they're all Army brats, with my husband deployed quite often.

So one night, the girls are all sleeping soundly in their bedroom, my husband and I are snoring in our own room down the hall, when all of a sudden the children begin screaming madly and shrilly, running down the hall demanding we save them from the "big white dog" they'd seen in their room. My husband ran down to their room but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. We both questioned the children, and they all swore they'd seen the same thing -- a white dog, huge, with shining red eyes, that stood in the corner of their room watching them. They were absolutely terrified.

My husband is a sensitive, while I'm not, which isn't to say either one of us disbelieves in strange, unexplained things. Since my husband leans towards a belief in a shamanistic faith, we both thought the thing could've been some sort of spirit animal.

We remain worried and anxious it could've been a manifestation of something bad or evil. I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences or maybe some thoughts they'd be willing to share. It's been some time since the event occurred and no other incidents have marred our experience. But I still wonder after it, all the same.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phyreblade, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sherf1butch (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-30)
When I was a kid I had a similar experience. I want to say I was 6 or 7, and I had already been worrying my parents because I use to see things like spiders and snakes behind the television and couches and they looked so real to me. I would call for my mother to look at it and there was nothing there. For this reason they had me sleeping in their bed with them. They were sleeping and I was still up staring at the doorway, a white wolf with red eyes pop it's head around the doorway and looked directly at me. I was scared to death and covered my head with the blankets thinking to myself I'm imagining this it's not there. As I had the covers over my head I felt the wolf climb onto the bed and atop the covers. I could see it's nails poke through the covers as it walked right over and then nothing. I waited under those covers for what felt like an hour but was actually a couple of minutes and poked my head out. Nothing was there and that was it. I always remember seeing the nails poke through the covers and how scared I was. I've never told a soul about that until now. I don't remember if there was a birth or if anything of significance happened after that but I don't believe so. Don't know what made me look this up now, maybe because I watching stranger things lol
Kwalker (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
How do you know it's a demon? Just because it has red eyes? Don't jump to conclusions. Asking questions is fine but don't act like you know exactly what is going on. What I said above is referring to some of the comments not the story. The story was good. For all you know the dog could of been a manifestation or a representation of a guardian angel watching over. Or it could be a demon watching. You don't know. But it didn't harm the kids so I wouldn't worry about it unless it started to.
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
I see a dog like that everyday when I walk in my woods I will turn around to see it sitting there head tilted looking at me or a bird or something then when I call it it follows me or walks with me side by side I even gave it a name Comet and it seems to like that name its eyes change from red to other colors and it is quite clear it's see through but I feel fine with it around I even think it saved my home once. When we were gone someone tried breaking into my home and the thing is my dogs were with us and my neighbors don't have dogs and the coyotes where far away at the time. The thief had my camera and when I found it the next day the dog was sitting right next to it. I said hello and looked at the photos I saw the splurges of white that had to have been Comet because nobody in my neighborhood has pets besides me and a few people with cats and purse dogs that never go outside. I love Comet and I know it would protect me no matter what. I have a strong feeling it is my mothers old dog and so I feel safe with it around.
Alicia2017 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-05)
My friends mom had experienced this too. She said that
One day her husband was coming back from work and he saw
A white dog with red eyes. The dog kept following him on his
Way home. Before he went inside his house, he asked the dog
If I was hungry and the dog shook its head no. So then he asked
The dog what did it want and the dog pointed its head toward
The house. Her husband said no because its actually a demon (that's what I heard) and if you let it in your house I think it like takes your soul or something (I forgot but I kno it's bad). And she said the dog stayed outside his house the whole night then disappeared.
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
When I used to live just outside of Lorain, people often reported seeing a large black dog with blue-white eyes at night, along a path cutting through a vacant lot; I saw it myself one night. It was suddenly there, standing on the path in front of me, silent, and just as suddenly was gone, whether vanished or dashed off into the tall grass on either side of the path, I dunno, although I didn't hear anything. Still not sure if it was a real dog, or a spirit.
Misseygonzo17 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Hi, I think I have seen that same dog. A bunch of my family, friends, and I were playing ghost in the graveyard at 2:30 am. I stopped to look at my porch because something caught my eye and it was a huge white dog with red eyes staring at me and I stood there, my friend asked why I wasn't running and I pointed at the dog. She looked over and saw it too! She said she wanted to go inside and that she was scared because she has never seen that dog before and didn't know what it would do. I remember telling her to stay outside that it wouldn't hurt us and that its probably just my neighbors dog (to calm her down) I knew it wasn't. The dog just stood there and I just watched it until my friend took me away. I wanted to go toward it for some reason like it was calling me but at the same time I felt scared. I have never encountered it again or even checked if it was on my porch.
dizzyshaman (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I saw a huge white dog with red eyes several years ago. It would sit by the edge of our barn and just stare towards our house, seemingly all night. It never appeared until dusk. Totally gave me the creeps. The outline of the "dog" was not clear... Kinda misty but you got the distinct impression for some reason that it was a dog. It scared me and I have been determined to find out what it was. A friend of mine said maybe it was something someone had sent me for some reason. It never did anything except stare at the house but it gave me a really creepy feeling like it was thoroughly evil. I've been searching for years and this is the first time I ever heard of anyone else seeing something similar.

Does anyone know what it is and what it's about? I would really like to know. Thanks for any feedback!
MADMai16E (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Hi! I had a dream last night and I've had precognitive dreams before so I was looking up lore on white dogs and wolves and I cam across your story. In my dream there was an either very large white dog or a white wolf with red eyes who happened upon my house, I was the first to notice him/her outside and I was unsure about his/her morality, when I went running to protect my own 14-month-old puppy he/she followed me into my house, in my dream my mom, her dog, and my dog seemed pretty passive about the thing and accepted it, but I was still disinclined to acknowledge anything good about it. And the sun is up and has been for hours and I'm still itching in my skin.
In other words, if your dog/wolf/thing was the same as my dog/wolf/thing I'm fairly certain it's malicious. 😕
I've also heard stories about it being a werewolf from the Canadian/Alaskan border, well, if you believe in that kind of thing anyway.
melikas (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
It sounds as if the white dog could be something evil because of the glowing red eyes and the fact that it was in the corner watching the kids.

Anyway, bless the room and keep a positive air in the house just in case.
Phyreblade (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Thanks for everyone's comments!

This incident occurred a couple of years ago. The girls continued to say they'd seen the dog over the course of maybe a week's nights. But since that period, they haven't said anything about a dog, other than to remark they remember the event. We live in military quarters, so any number of people and animals have moved in an out over the years, I have no doubt. It could, perhaps, be some manifestation of a past resident of the house. But it just never felt like that, either. It's hard to put to words, though, that feeling. Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I appreciate it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I read a similar story here. It happened in germany. To be honest I had a feeling that this creature isn't a good one. Maybe its my imagination but when I read the story it reminded me about the one that was written in Germany. I think you should check it out. I believe this spirit was passing bye. It just was checking out some things. But indeed your children had the right to be affraid. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Darj (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Wow awesome story. It's probably a demon. Anyone disagree from that theory? Well who knows what the dogs background is. Do some researching about it. Well then again nice story, that was insteresting.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I found this very interesting. Last year I was hiking with my husband's Jack Russell terrier when I decided to take a break. All of the sudden this white husky looking dog came running by. My dog immediately lurched for it and the white dog let out a frightened bark and ran over the mountainside. I expected to see an owner come running out for it. We were on a mountain top. No one ever did. I peered over the side and there was no sight of the dog. I live in the desert so the only vegetation was scrub brush. The dog was nowhere to be seen. It simply disappeared. That left me scratching my head. I thought I had read something in Native American lure about a white dog but I can't remember what it is.

Anyways, thanks for this story. I had forgotten about this encounter until now.

Jennifer ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Wow how strange
I have never had an experience like that before, and I don;t know what it could be

Sorry... 😆
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Being that your husband believes in more Native American beliefs I can see why he might have thought that it was an animal spirit guide or totem spirit. The fact that it was white and didn't growl or snarl at the kids means something to me. It was watching or maybe protecting. Ofcourse the kids were scared because at this point I'm sure they thought a stray dog had gotten in the house. I don't know if all white dogs have blue eyes but I do know blue eyes on an animal show up red at night when the smallest of light hits them. I have a himalayan cat with blue eyes so I know this to be true. Again, this was not a real dog so maybe those rules don't apply. Maybe a dog had onced lived in the place you were living and died there. If all girls were saying they saw the same thing I doubt they were imagining it. I wonder what it was too.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
hi Phyreblade. It sounds as if your children are a fair bit older now. Did anything happen to them or your family after this encounter?I'd be interested to know, without personal details, what type of event it was. I mean sad, (oh, how I hate to say it), tragic, or a big event like someone your children really loved got engaged or found out they were pregnant, maybe you bought a big house. Maybe your girls got a pet dog, of the living, breathing variety I mean. I think if any actual event happened it was probably happy. In all of the white dog stories I've heard, the visit was associated with something happy or comforting, like the dog shows the way to go if you're lost.I've also heard a few like yours where the person who saw the dog, when they specifically say 'white' dog, has nothing associated with the encounter. Your husband could be right and it could be the spiritual animal of one, or all, of your daughters. If this was quite a long time ago, I wouldn't worry about it having any significance at all. It might just have been the spirit of a white dog passing through, or a previous owner of the houses' deceased pet. It could even be a deceased pet that lived on the land many years ago.--I looked up 'white' in the Cassell Dictionary Of Superstition (I couldn't find anything under 'dog', it just spoke of black dogs, or 'white dog', that wasn't even there) and it said that it widely believed that a white dog (yes it specifically said 'white dog') brings good luck. As I have said, that's the way I've heard of them, as a good omen or good luck. Hopefully you've seen something that's helped or given you comfort here.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Ive never heard of white dog manifestations before. Dunno what it could be.

If it was a Black Dog then it would be a completely different scenario.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I had similar account, but I was the sleeping party, and my husband saw the entity.
geekorama (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Had a freak encounter like this. However, it happened when it was recent, about 4 years ago when my wife was pregnant. I was sleeping next to my wife, the next morning, I woke up and saw a black creature on my wife's stomach... I had to close my eyes because I thought I was still dreaming and to kind of gather if it was real or not, in a split second, I opened my eyes and it was still there and it then silently growled about 3 inches from my face.

I've experienced a lot of strange things in my life, but this was by far the strangest. I actually freaked out and screamed so extremely loud that my wife woke up and when she did, she saw my curled up like a ball and shaking.

Folks, until this day, I cannot explain why this happened. It was so real and absolutely frightening to me.
normajean (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hello,
My mom actually told me a story like this.
When she was a child she'd see a big black dog with red eyes glaring at her in her backyard, she always thought it was her neighbors dog roaming around. After asking, they didn't have one.
Is it a reacurring thing?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hi, If you haven't all ready read Guardian Spirit you should. It's not my story, but it was like yours. That may help. Or did you have a dog once that died. Because It could be that dog. I hoped I helped. Take care Phyreblade.
GIRLIE 😁 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: