You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Tapping Into Another Plane

Real Ghost Stories

Tapping Into Another Plane

 

This happened 3 or 4 years ago.

At that point in my life, I was going through a real "horror" binge. I was watching all kinds of horror movies, playing frightening games (Silent Hill series in particular) and I would enjoy going out to eerie locations, and doing everything I could to really bring on the sensation of being creeped out. (I still do love the feeling, but don't go out of my way to find ways to get it)

At this same time, I was going through my first real spiritual phase, trying to learn how to meditate, go out of body, etc. Anyways, there was a week long period at one point in there, where I found that in bed at night, if I concentrated hard enough, focusing my mind on spirits and evil things and such, that I could sort of shift my consciousness, or at least my awareness, to the point where I was still awake, fully aware of my surroundings, and yet things were quite off.

Each time I did it, there were a few things that remained constant - The geometry of my room seemed askew, odd angles and such, enough that it was recognizable as my room, yet completely unfamiliar- and the shadows were in higher contrast, and seemed to pulse and grow across my room, almost as if they were liquid against the walls.

The first time, it was dark, and there was mostly just the odd moving shadows for a bit. Then something that sounded like that crinkly plastic "hay" they put in Easter basket rustled above my head on the headboard. Didn't think a whole lot of it until it fell off the headboard and landed on my face. Felt like the plastic hay too.

Quickly grabbed the mass and tossed it over the side of my bed, and lay there staring at the liquid darkness for a few seconds, before I heard it rustle, and felt the stuff collide with my face again. Tossed it off the bed, wrapped the pillow around my face, and counted to 5, bringing myself out of that state.

Pulled away the pillow, opened my eyes, turned on the light, and looked over the edge of the bed at nothing different than it had been when I went to bed.

The next few times looked and felt similar. Although there were dark shapes looming over the side of my bed, and standing in contrast against the light coming in my window. I stayed there, studying and watching them as they seemed to sway slightly with the shadows. Each time, once I had enough, the pillow and count brought me out. The 4th time I could feel the bed being stepped upon by what seemed some kind of heavy quadruped animal. I could hear it breathing, and its face got closer and closer until the point I could feel it sniffing my own face. Up goes the pillow and the weight fades away. The 5th and final time I tried it. I saw a distinct humanoid shape with a wide-rimmed hat at the foot of my bed. I was fine with that until I started feeling it climbing onto the bed overtop of me. I left and decided not to try it again.

I want to point out that at no point during any of these "excursions" did I feel threatened by the things I was seeing and feeling, only curiosity. They seemed to wonder how I could sense them.

To this day I don't know if I was actually forcing my consciousness into another "plane" so to speak. If I was, whether they were actual inhabitants of a spiritual world that were surprised, I could suddenly notice them, or demons that were trying to make me comfortable with them. Or if not, just somehow able to bring myself into a day-dream like state where my imagination was superimposing itself over reality.

However, as the animal I was sensing was very similar in shape and size to the creature I believe to be my guardian spirit, I find it hard to believe that I wasn't tuning into someplace I wasn't expected.

Would love to hear any ideas or suggestions!

Other hauntings by Kisho

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kisho, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

encartaphile (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
One time, I woke up one night and the whole room was pixelated like a bad Atari game. I had to wait at least two minutes before I could get up to go to the bathroom.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
sounds something like what I stumbled upon a few months ago... I didn't know what I was doing but apparently I was AP'ing.
I was laying there, only I had my eyes closed, and I focused on relaxing every inch of me, starting at my toes, and moving up. (note I was laying flat on my back) After awhile of relaxing myself, I started to feel like I was floating, and I could feel every inch of me just Buzzing! I could no longer feel the bed, or any particular part of my body, it was just as a whole buzzing. Kind of hard to explain, but I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.
With my eyes shut I started focusing on the strobes of color that naturally reside behind my eyelids, they started to form colors and swirls, it was really pretty, then I started telling them to take certain shapes, like a herd of horses, or a sleeping cat, anything I wanted to see, I could... Oh gosh it gets weirder...
In my 'field of vision', I could see half was red, the other half was green. I started 'tugging' on the green one, and as I did, my boyfriend sleeping next to me started rustling in his sleep... After waiting a minute... I did it again... More rustling... (waiting a set amount of time to make sure it wasn't coincidence) I did it a 3rd time and I Pulled as Hard as I could, and he jerked awake! It was nuts... I didn't go much further than that, but what I have been told is that I was beginning to Astral project.

😆
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Kisho. I realy enjoyed reading your story. It is hard for me to understand what you went through by your meditation. Not because I don't believe its just that I know nothing about meditating. But I believe that this may be possible. Thans for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Alright, thanks for explaining! 😊

I will look up and research OOB.

This would be interesting... And maybe very helpful for a ghost that is following me to move on. Thanks again!

😉
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Some great Buddhist and Hindu wisemen believe that you sometimes see these things from various "realms" as part of one of the stages to enlightenment. The fact that you saw these shadows/animals/beings etc as separate entities from yourself means that you probably just shifted to another level of consciousness in your meditation ie, those things are there all the time, it's just that we don't see them unless we are in a certain state of mind. I assume you kept love in your heart the whole time and that is why you didn't come to any harm and why you didn't feel threatened?

Generally I think most Buddhist and Hindu wisemen would say that concentrating on these things while on the path to enlightenment is just a distraction from the real goal which is total emptiness and oneness with everything else, the dark and the light. But it must be an intriuging thing to watch and not feel scared about. What an interesting experience you had.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Hmm, the only thing detrimental I've ever heard or read about when it comes to meditation, is that it's a satanistic ritual that only pagans and devil worshippers do. But as meditation is heralded everywhere else I've ever read about it as both an excellent conduit for focus, thought, and insight, and a potent exercise for mental, emotional, and physical control, I can somewhat understand the concern.

It may well be true that meditating at a high enough frequency may be able to provide visions, but the only thing bad I've ever heard about in regards to the result, is being warned about something bad happening, before it does. Not a gift I'd be particularly upset about having, provided it could be used to prevent the thing from happening, or protect those involved.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I have read that deep meditation can cause very detrimental effects. All sorts of hallucinations can happen, exactly why I'm not sure. Some think it's because we shouldn't do it because of religious reasons. I just think it taps into our greatest fears instead of our higher selves. Some people have oobe's without even trying and others try forever with no results. I have tried but never succeeded either. I don't meditate either. Something about erasing all thought that seems to enable other forces to enter into one's consciousness. Or maybe we just end up digging up all the junk that has scared us over a lifetime and resides within the subconscience. After all that part of our brain is just like a recorder. No reasoning to it just records all we see and hear over a lifetime. Our conscious brain chooses what to focus on so that is why we don't remember everything about an event unless hypnotized.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Adventure Ms Aqua

At this point I'm not perfectly sure I could bring myself back to that state - although it wasn't so much a "liquid world", as it just seemed like the shadows were moving as if liquid. Everything solid remained solid, just distorted.

Basically, it required bringing my body to the vibration state associated with meditation and OOB, where it feels like your body is buzzing, and concentrating with that goal in mind.

I don't know if I can really describe the process properly, as it's been a few years, and I didn't really document it at the time, unfortunately x_x

And yeah, my experiences with the creature I believe to be my guardian are described here - http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3467
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Wow. Never knew if meditation could do that... 😲

Anyways, how did you get to the "Liquid World", again? I mean, I would like to try it... I know I'm not supposed to, but what did you do?

Also, have you seen that guardian when you weren't meditating? How do you know it's your guardian?
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Demonbinder, I really can't imagine how - other than a religion saying so - meditation could possibly be considered evil. Astral Projection has the potential to be dangerous, but only to people who aren't aware of the precautions they should take. Honestly I've never heard of Anyone going OOB who had any trouble getting back in. I haven't accomplished it myself, but I gave up trying ages ago, before I learned that I was actually capable of meditating.

Crazed - I could move when I was in this, such as using my body to throw the whatever off my head, and moving the pillow and blanket around. I mean, all this stuff happened in real time, cause it's not like any unchecked time passed in the process, and the fact that I was in complete control of bringing myself into and out of the state seems good enough reason to believe that I wasn't sleeping.

Also, so far as Astral Projection/OOB, so long as you're aware of the silver string, nothing can break that and take over your body.
crazed (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
This has happened to me too. I've done it, the liquid like way things see. You should have had the tv on that would have tripped you out. It sounds distorted and slow. Any who, when that happened to me I could move but when I did I popped out of my body. Really weird and that went scary when I saw shadows beginning to surround my body. I think they were trying to get in it, since I had left it. I got back in it, and decided to never try it again. I'm surprised you felt curiousity, because I was terrified. 😢
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Everyone is allowed to post their opinion, so if some one thinks they're in a dream state, or not, its allowed to be posted. I, myself, have no idea as to what state you were in, but the only time I've felt anything different, when I was sleeping, is when my husband comes to bed, after I've fallen asleep.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
ok, demonbinder... Who are you? Maybe I misinterpreted what the story is about. I apologize. 😕
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Jasmin's response is false. What you are experiencing is real, and of the spirit realm.

Meddling into Astral Projection, meditation may seem benefitial to your mental statem but be aware that you are creating an impending doom. Email me at treygcs [at] hotmail.com if wanted.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
ok...i know what this is... I did this too. This is a very interesting story, however, it is not a ghost story. This is you imagining things, they feel real because you are dreaming, yet you are awake and aware. I know you know this but I guess I just wanted to make a point. Very interesting details. I really enjoye reading this. Thanx ❤ Jasmin

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: