You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather's Ghost

 

I am writing this story on behalf of a friend (I will call her Jessie) who would like me to share this story with you all.

Jessie's family believed in the afterlife and ghosts. When Jessie was very young, her grandfather became very ill. About 3 months later, he died of cancer in his house he shared with his wife. A few months after the death, she was at her grandmother's house for a family gathering. Being Italian they usually have these gatherings.

Jessie was about four years old at the time of this special gathering and was in the kitchen drawing a picture of a horse. As she looked up to show her mom, she realized she wasn't there. But instead she saw a smoky blue, coloured image of her grandfather.

Jessie (being very young and not understanding what was happening) asked him if he was going to join them for dinner. He looked at her, and soon faded away.

Jessie was very frightened so quickly ran into the lounge room to tell her grandmother that she had just seen. He grandmother understood because she had had the exact same sightings.

9 years on, Jessie has still seen the same image of her grandfather standing in the kitchen. Even though they can not communicate, we know he is alright.

Other hauntings by GlazeJonas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GlazeJonas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GlazeJonas (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi.
Thanks for posting comments. FRAWIN, that's for sharing your comments, Jessie would of posted it herself but she dosn't have an account and apparently is too lazy to do so. LOL.
But thanks.
God Bless.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi and thank you for sharring your friends story with us. I found it very interesting. Loved ones tend to come and say hello to us. I think her grandfather couldn't speak because he didn't have that much energy. But for sure he wanted to say how much he loved her. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Darj (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Yeah I agree with Tonith, it's a residual haunting. Like he said it's a repeating event of the paranormal. Anyways that was an interesting story, it kind of remind me of my grandpa who's also haunting his house, which we used to lived in. Well thank you for sharing
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Could this also be residual hauntings? Sounds like it to me. If the spirit doesn't seem to have any intelligence or make any kind of communication (sometimes a smile can be communication or just a meeting of the eyes) then it's probably residual. It would be happening if anyone was around to witness it or not.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I agree with FRAWIN that this sounds like a true experience but simply because Jessie didn't narrate it herself, it lacks details that can be significant to the experience itself. For example:what did this apparition look like? Did Grandfather try to communicate any feelings or message to her?

Experiences like being visited by a deceased family member should not be vaguely described in 4 lines but should instead include every minor detail of their interaction.

I hope Jessie will be back with more info.

Thanks 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hello GlazeJonas. I do believe this is a credible story and I thank Jessie for wanting to share it with us but it would have been much better if she had been the one to tell it.It's not that you did a bad job telling it,it's just that a personal experience should be told by the person experiencing it. I did enjoy it and welcome to the site. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: