You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Everyday Life With a Ghostly Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Everyday Life With a Ghostly Apparition

 

I am not sure how to explain it but, I know I am not crazy. In my room, I see a dark figure of a man. He stays in my room, mostly in the doorway of my closet. There are five people in my house and, I am the only one who has noticed it. The only time I notice it is when I am alone.

I have asked him what he wants and, it never talks. I have seen him move, like he peeks out at me almost. I can see him with a hat on; the hat has a brim all the way around it. The rest is just black. I can not see his face or details, even though I can tell which way he is standing or facing and what he is doing.

I am not educated on this stuff but, someone told me it was an entity and they could get physical. He has been here for about 4 months that I have noticed. Just lately it has been more that I have seen of him.

Is this an evil thing or, is he here because he is connected to me in some way? I can feel his presence and he seems to be getting closer. On many occasions when I am alone I feel something tap or nudge me. Sometimes I am watching something funny on television not even thinking about him and then all of a sudden, I get a chill and an eerie feeling then I look over and there he is.

I also feel sometimes he is behind me and then I walk faster down the hall or something and, the faster I go he goes and then it is like he is chasing me.

Please if anyone knows anything about this I would like to have some input. My e-mail address is: ceram1979(at)hotmail.com.

Please only write if you are serious not joking around.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
I had a similar experience, but it only lasted a few days. It was the same type of appearance, but it wasn't looking at me at all, it just stood there and faced the direction of where my friend was (she was staying at my house for a week because she had come from another city for a visit). It was really scary! It loked just like the one you described, and it was just a b lack shadow. When I turned the light on it was gone, and when I turned it off again it still wasn't there. This continued for three nights and then stopped the day before she left.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
This is very interesting, I looked at the website that Frawin provided, and it is very very interesting. I also suggest you take a look at it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi princess. I agree with Frawin. As you were describing this person I got the feeling that he is a shadow person. Some people claim that they are evil. Me on the otherhand has a different theory. I believe that a shadow person is like every other spirit but can not manifest to a pure manifestation. But this is just s theary. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Darj (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Hey it's probably your own guardian 😉. That would be so awesome. Maybe it's trying to keep you company or it's observing you. Well all we know is it likes you. Who knows what this entity can do for you
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Hello. Well, with your problem, from what you describe, it is probably a shadow person. I, myself, have some shadow people in my house. I'm not sure that they can hurt you, though. Most shadow people stay there for a couple seconds to a minute or so and then they disappear. Just try talking to it. Tell it that it is time to move on. Hopefully it will get the right idea. 😉
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I have had a few incidences with shadow people as a child but frankly I think this was just my imagination due to plain old fear of the dark. However, I did have an experience as a 17 year old that to this day I have no rational explanation for. Being that I was the only one that saw it,it's a personal experience that can't be backed up in any way. Seems like you are in the same boat. Other than asking it to leave you alone and go to the Light I don't know what else to tell you. It may be just a confused or lost soul caught between worlds. Don't let fear get in the way and I know that's easier said than done but it's in your room and you are the owner of that room so tell it you are not afraid of it and it's time for it to move on.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Hi princess23. Since he hasn't done anything threatening so far, I don't think he will do anything. I think he's attracted to you because of your own energies. You are probably more sensitive to these things than the rest of your family, he would realize this and hang around you. It sounds like he just wants to be noticed. He might need your help to move on. When you sense him in your room tell him he is dead and to leave you and join his loved ones who are waiting for him. Let him know it's okay to go.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Hi princess. I don't think that shadow people are necessarily bad just because of their color. I understand that not being able to discern his features is somewhat unnerving but I believe if he meant to harm you, he wouldn't have hesitated all this time. It's very likely that he wants to get your attention by tapping you and if that's the case, then he very likely needs something.

I think it is quite probable that he is a past family member but I can't be certain.

Check the site FRAWIN suggested and if you still need to talk about this, we will be here for you.

Take care 😊
crazed (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I don't know. Have you tried to talked to it telepathically? I don't know much about how to do it. I've tried it once, you imagine the being and try to communicate with it. I stopped because I wasn't sure whether the responses were my imaginations or the other beings actual words. I understand you, there is this person that follows me around including when I'm driving. A bit dangerous, don't let it get too close I would suggest. 😐
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hello princess, it sounds like you are describing a shadow person but I can't be for sure. Here is a link that you might find interesting, it tells about them and also has a few sketches. You can see if this resembles what you're seeing.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: