You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board At Grandparents' House

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board At Grandparents' House

 

I've been reading stories on this site for a bit now, so I decided to share the only experience I've had, even though it's from a few years ago so the details are a bit fuzzy.

I was at my grandparents' house in Pennsylvania, not far from Philadelphia, and my sister and friend decided to use a Ouija board up in my mother and aunt's old bedroom, where my grandfather's old things were kept after he died (about a year beforehand). I fought them on it for about five minutes, but eventually gave up, being the only one with any belief in the paranormal, and ouija boards scared the living daylights out of me.

Nothing happened and first and we were quickly bored and decided to watch television. While we were doing so, sitting a good 5 feet away from the ouija board, the pointer started moving. We immediately shut the TV off and sat down around the board, too scared to speak. My sister began asking questions to the spirit: who it was, did they know our grandparents, why were they here. Right after she asked why the spirit was there, it began to spell out "for Domenica". We had no idea who "Domenica" was, and became so scared that we threw the ouija board into the closet and ran downstairs.

At dinner, when my grandmother was out of the room, my sister asked my mother who Domenica was. Though most people had only ever known her as "May", it turns out Domenica was my grandmother's name. My sister and I are convinced to this day that the spirit we contacted was my grandfather.

I realize now how lucky we were, considering what sorts of things can happen using ouija boards, and none of us have used on since. After realizing that they could really work, they frighten me even more.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mintandhazelnut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SEPPS (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
S.E.P.P.S was founded by Kevin Fitz-Maurice and Casey Morganelli. We started this organization to help people as well as investigate for our on interest in the paranormal field. The S.E.P.P.S philosphy is to disprove hauntings rather than prove them. We like to find logical reasons for claims, and any evidence we are left with afterwards we anaylize from a paranormal perspective. S.E.P.P.S is a non-profit organization, our only goal is to help people who need peace of mind in their own homes or businesses. Contact us if you would like us to investigate your business or residence! There is no charge for an investigation! Www.sepps.net
mintandhazelnut (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Yes, I've since become aware of the dangers with ouija boards (this incident took place about 2 years ago) and haven't even considered using one since, even though it was a positive experience.

To rhodes68: My grandfather was the only one to ever call her Domenica, but since most people didn't know her by that name, he'd call her "Mae" when around company.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I am just saying I tried Ouija board and it doesn't work but if you all don't have your fingers on it it doesn't work, THEY CANNOT MOVE WITHOUT YOUR FINGERS ON 'EM!Thats just freaky. 😨
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hello mintandhazelnut. I found your story very intriguing. I have never seen a planchette move by itself. I'm not saying that they can't or that one didn't, I just find the idea fascinating and wish that I had been there to see it. Many strange things happen in this world and strange things fascinate me.
I enjoyed reading your story and thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
A;though this was a positive experience, do not let your self be talked into the useage of these things next time.

Remeber, many of the dark entities can pose as others crossing through portals opened by ouijia boards.

God Bless!
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I used a ouija board but I'll write it down when I get back from Poland, my name is the same too except its spelled "Dominika"!

Bye bye

God Bless! ❤
trau (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Like some of the other posters have mentioned, I'm glad that nobody got hurt. It's wonderful that you had a loved one contact you. Thanks for sharing!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I have to say that contacting a family member is a great thing. But you must be carefull using a ouji board. If it isn't closed properly then a portal may still be open for some time. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
jessysteyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
hi there, nice story. I agree with the other people, Ouija boards are horribley bad. I used one before and who I thought was my gran at the time turned out not to be her. I regret using the Ouija bord cause now I have opened a door to something that I can not close, even after 3 years. I would sugest to every one not to use those things. You would be stupid if you are planning on using it.

But apart from that, I'm glad that you have not been harmed and that you are safe from opened doors.

Heep well
Jessysteyn
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello mintandhazelnut, I am relieved to hear that you reached the spirit of your deceased grandfather rather than a evil demonic entity. When I was younger (5 years old) I kept hearing stories about these boards. They are not safe to use, due to the opening of a vortex to the unknown/spirit world. I will never use a ouiji board. They are too dangerous.

Thank you for sharing your story mintandhazelnut, it is very well appreciated. I hope you will share more experiences with us, if you don't mind. God bless and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Thank you for a very interesting story and I'm glad that this ouija gathering hasn't caused you any problems.

I suppose since you're against their use, I don't need to advise you to stay away next time.

I found your experience a bit disturbing to be quite honest even though you believe to have contacted your grandfather. Do you know if he used to call your grandmother Domenica? If not, why would he choose to do it that one time?
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Good to hear it was a pleasant experience. I don't think I'll ever use a Ouija board. I just know I'll be the one that opens a portal to all kinds of evil spirits that follow me around everywhere, haha. Thank you for sharing!

Trent
SapphireWings (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
I'm really glad to hear nobody got hurt! Ouija boards are pretty dangerous.

Thanks for sharing. Even though it's just a small experience, it's something to think about. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: