You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Attempt At Posession?

Real Ghost Stories

Attempt At Posession?

 

Like many other encounters, mine happened during the time in which I am awaking from sleep, or when I am wide awake. I live in an apartment in Houston, Texas, with a couple of family members. I am not the only one within the house that weird things have happened to. I would like to start with my dad's encounter.

I have suspicions about the closet in my room and tend to not go in it unless there is someone else in my room with me. It wasn't that long ago that I was in my brother's room playing video games and everyone was in the living room except for my dad, who was in my restroom shaving. If one stands at the right angle with the restroom door open, one can look at most of my room, and this was what my dad was doing, looking at my room through the mirror.

According to him he saw something pass through the room as if going to the closet; however, he thought nothing of it, thinking it was me. After noticing that I or whatever it is that he saw not come back from the closet he searched for me or again the weird human like form in the closet. He said that once he stepped into the closet he got cold and got chills all over his body. In disbelief he went to the living room and asked for me, to see if I wasn't playing a prank on him, my brother told him I was in his room the whole time. At this time I heard all the commotion and went to the living room only to find my dad really pale. That's my dad's encounter that relates to me and my story.

Many of my terrifying encounters have happened while I am still lying down in my bed. I am a naturally curious person and tend to experiment with things. For a while now I've been thinking about coming out of my body as a soul and what not. But some of the encounters happened before those thoughts crossed my mind. The first one that I can remember happened about a year ago, about 3 am or so. I woke up looked at the clock, saw the television on, saw the room door open and heard and saw my dad pacing around, he sometimes suffers from indigestion.

I was beginning to go back to sleep when all of a sudden I felt wind blow across my body. I tried to move but couldn't, I try to say something but couldn't. I told myself to relax that it was all right, I looked at the wall to calm me down, I sleep on the far side of the bed looking away from the closet. I was beginning to calm down and then I felt someone lay down next to me, the bed on the other side sunk, knowing that sometimes my mom comes sleep with me, I thought it was her. I turned around with my eyes closed and I was surprised that I could move, so I opened my eyes, but the bigger surprise was that there was no one there.

All of a sudden I couldn't move again. Now I am in the middle of the bed laying face up. My body then sinks into bed as if being pushed down. At this point I'm terrified trying to scream so my dad can hear me. Then all of a sudden my body from my waist to my shoulder starts to rise, no longer being pushed down but as if floating. I remembered reading somewhere that to protect yourself from some ghost you should try to imagine yourself in an energy bubble and so I did. After three seconds I was left alone. That was the end of that encounter, but the times when I wake up and can't move continued to happen, including now.

The reason I'm writing this now is because of what happened to me this morning, at 9 am while my mom was in the room. She was talking to me so I was wide awake. I was tired so I was going back to sleep but for a while I thought about separating from my body. In my mind I thought: I want to do it, please let me do it. I closed my eyes and all of a sudden I felt something rush towards me, it came from the closet area. Again I also felt wind rushing me.

Keep in mind that my mom is still in the room. I'm like no, not again. So I try to move but can't, and then start to feel as if I'm coming out of my body but I'm still awake looking at the wall, and then out of nowhere I feel a warm mantle cover my body as if someone is putting a hot blanket over me and then my body gets pushed down into the bed. My back begins to feel weird. I'm lying faced down looking at the wall. My whole body feels hot and I hear weird murmurs.

I can move my fingers but that's it, I can mumble but can't say complete loud words. My mom hears my mumbles and looks at me, I'm looking at her but I'm also looking at the wall as if double vision. She turns pale. She asks me if I called her I mumble yes. She looks frightened, but I can't see what's happening to my body. She goes towards the closet area and grabs something I feel my body beginning to get wet. I also feel my body begin to shake. Everything goes dark and seconds later I find myself moving and gasping for air and hear my mom saying a prayer and putting holy water all over the room and house.

She told me I was shaking, and that I was moving my legs. I don't remember that, or what happened after she put holy water on me. It's a blur. She won't tell me anything. I'm left astounded by the experience and wondering what the warm mantle like feeling was. I want to know what that thing that I felt rushing to me was, to me it seemed like a rushing dog or a person that is running, I don't know. I'm left confused about why I felt a weird sensation on my back as if someone was sitting on me. Up until this time I keep on seeing things out of the corner of my eyes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crazed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
dnt worry to much crazed-if you give it energy you might just be giving it what it wants[if it is an entity]And,if you are getting headaches and feel like you have thoughts that are not your own-maybe you should go for some kind of examination, you could be suffering from some kind of disorder-this is only a suggestion/opinion.You should rule out all possibilities.
You should really try and find out from your mom what she saw this morning, maybe it would make the situation easier to deal with or manage.
Good luck
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Wow very interesting story. I like Tonith thoughtr this was sleep paralysis but since your father had experienced what he did I believe that this is something else. I would do what others are suggesting. I would get the place blessed. Sometimes blessing one place isn't enough. Thanks for sharing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I would have immediately chalked this up to sleep paralysis if your father had not expereienced what he did. You may just have a resident ghost but it likes using your energy source and may like feeding on your fear. On the other hand could your own energy be creating this phenomenon? Yes. If you are always in the house (don't have to be in the same room) when these things occur it could definetly be you causing it. As far as obe's you may have a natural talent for that so it's up to you if you want to hone that skill. I don't believe in possession so I have to pass on the demonic stuff.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
So long as you remember the silver string, nothing can take over your body while you're oob. It does definitely sound like something's trying to stop you from going oob though. I'm not religious, but would recommend throwing up a cross on the wall of that closet, sprinkling salt on the floor around the walls and door of it and/or your entire room and doing a prayer inside for God to remove the negative spirits and not let them do you any further harm, or whatever else your faith dictates. A lot of different things work for a lot of different people.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Well, hopefully some one on here might be able help then. L's family is doing well, and her mom isn't possessed at all, and hasn't been for 5 years, but I guess Blessings can go wrong. Weird how your mom annointed you and the house, but dissmissed this. Maybe some one on here can help you. I don't know what to say otherwise, since my mom knows some on the supernatural, and understands when some thing weird has occured.
crazed (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
I don't know about blessing it. I've read and heard that if you bless a house and it's something more then a ghosts, you have a chance of enraging the entity. My mom isn't very much help, she dismisses stuff like this. I just hope I don't get possessed, I already think thoughts that in my opinion aren't mine. 😐
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
You may need to get the house blessed. Talk to your mom about the shadows, and see if she may know, or know some one who knows, what to do. My friend "L" told me about her parents and older brother getting their houses blessed due to her mom had gotten possessed at one point, and they had to have an excorisim. If I could ever get her to come over, I would have her start an account on her, and send in her stories, cause of all the things she's told me, my expression is 😨.
crazed (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
My mom has tried blessing the closet ever since the incident with my dad. Nothing happened, that same night I awoke to find several shadows standing over me. I could hear my family talking in the living room and the phone ringing so I highly doubt it was a dream. The shadows dared me to move and I moved my arm. My arm moved yet, there was my arm still there. I had two right arms, awkward situation it was. I've seen the shadows several times. As a matter of fact there is this one continuous shadow that is always following me, I think I might write about it. Sometimes I get really bad head aches and I feel like I have thoughts that aren't mine. I don't know how to distinguish whether they are mine or being imposed on me. Has anyone else experienced this, where it feels as if someone is trying to posses you or the thoughts? Thanks for commenting.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I think your mom did right. Nothing tried to possess me, I think, but I had a similar occurence. The fact that you've been thinking recently about leaving your body, may be the suggestion from whatever it is, that resides in your closet. I would be really carefull, and I would see if she would annoint your closet for you, to protect you more.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
WOW...strange, it sounds like, since you are getting badvibes from the closet, maybe something might be manipulating you into leaving your body so it can take it over? 😕 I would be careful in trying that again. Maybe the warm mantle was Gods protection and the weight on your back was the thing trying to take your body over? Any way thanks for the story, it was very good.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: