You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orb Seen in Hospital Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Orb Seen in Hospital Hallway

 

Hi I'm new to publishing stories so please forgive me for any mistakes.

My most recent paranormal experience happened last Saturday 7/5/08 at a little after midnight. I work at a rather large hospital and the parking area for employees is a pretty far walk especially in the dead (no pun intended) of night and considering the morgue is on the same hallway, well you can imagine.

I've been enthralled by the paranormal for as long as I can remember and take every opportunity to watch various specials. I know everyone has seen pictures of orbs and in every one of the captions I've seen the photographer always says "nothing was seen when the picture was taken" or something to that effect; but on that night while walking to my car I swear I saw a blue orb pacing me down that hallway (the one with the morgue).

It wasn't seen out of the corner of my eye, well at first it was, but I turned my head and saw it straight on. I didn't feel scared or any threatening energies from it but strangely, a feeling of friendliness.

I have had strange things occur as long as I've worked here like paper towel dispensers going off or things of that nature. I would always chuckle and say thanks Casper and go about my business.

My question is, has anyone else seen an orb with the naked eye and no-it was not light reflected off any surface since at that time of night the lights are turned off. Thanks for reading sorry for rambling so.

Other hauntings by Jmak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jmak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
I haven't been signed up to this website for too long so I am just now getting to your story. Thankyou for sharing this story and I would like to say that I have always been around ghostly encounters, especially since I live in South Alabama. I have always been amazed by ghosts and truly find it fascinating. Anyway...Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Thank you scrapmetalkitten and wvcharmed1 for taking the time to read about my experience and also for your welcome comments ๐Ÿ˜Š. I am sorry for the delay in responding to your comments family illness has prevented me from spending any time at the computer. When I first noticed the orb I was shocked but I was never afraid. After reading some of the other comments I do now think it was a good friend and fellow officer that had passed away that was taking the time for a final farewell. God bess and again thank you for your comments. ๐Ÿ˜Š
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
-Jmak-

I've seen many orbs with the naked eye at different times of my life. Most of the ones I have seen are bright white and about the size of a softball. I have never felt threatened by them so I don't think they are scary at all. I wonder what they are because I think they are really interesting.

-Sydney โค ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
wvcharmed1 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
I'm a firm believer that it is possible because it happened to me just two nights ago. I was sitting in my living room with the lights out watching tv when not two feet away from me and orb appeared near my ceiling and floated/moved down slowly until it disappeared into my floor. I saw it but I still can't believe it!

I live in a rural area on a hill away from any traffic. I had no outside lights on and my curtain was closed. So there was nothing that I could have been mistaken for an orb. It's not the first time I've had an experience but it was the first time I have seen an orb and to have seen it up close and personal like that was shocking!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
Hi aliciap1214,
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my experience. It sounds like you have some very interesting experiences too. I look forward to reading them. I'm sorry that your experiences with the orbs haven't been as pleasant as mine was and I pray that things settle down for you and your family. God bless.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
Absolutely, Jmak. I welcome any emails from anyone who wants to communicate. That would be great! One of these days I'm going to get Jerry on video for everyone here to see. Even if not Jerry himself, SOMETHING; One of his many antics.
My email address is on my profile. Feel free to write anytime.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
WOW! CenterCore that sounds like a very disturbing experience. I have seen videos of something similar to your experience, I just wish I could remember where I saw it. It was a fantastic video it was shot a a families cabin and they recorded DOZENS of orbs both inside and outside the cabin. If I remember I will be sure to let you know where it is so you can see if they look similar to the orb you saw. If I find out would it be ok for me to e-mail the information to you? Thanks for taking the time to read my experience. God bless.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Aha, now you just reawakened a memory I'd kept locked away in the vault of my mind. I have seen something, and I don't know if this counts as a UFO sighting or a paranormal experience, but I attribute to the many odd happenings during my childhood.
I was about seven or eight... My parents and I were doing a cookout. It was getting rather late in the evening and the sun was completely down, but our dining room shed plenty of light out onto the patio. So we kept on going. The moon was out, stars were visible, and we all know you can see planes and things moving around in the sky.
Well, I had a very troubling experience the night before that I'll post as a story one of these days.
Anyway, my parents were both inside. I was the only one outside. I looked at the sky. And I saw what looked like a transparent blue moon in the sky, opposite of where the actual moon was. This transparent blue moon was what looked like an orb (of course at that age I'd never seen an orb so I didn't have that to compare it to) but this blue moon shot downward in the sky, at light speed, down toward earth, and I never saw it again. That was it. Very unsettling though... Like I said, I don't know whether to call that paranormal or UFO.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi Luca,
Thank you for your comment. You are right the atmosphere in hospitals is very intense and can be overpowering sometimes. As for hope; well a lot of people believe the positive emotions/energies generated by caring loving family and friends give strength to the patient they are there to support. Some one said "Hope springs eternal" let's hope so ๐Ÿ˜Š pun intendend. God bless my friend.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
This is just fascinating, I've never heard of anything like this. Sure, orbs in pictures, but never seen by the naked eye! I really don't know what could it be.
What I do know about hospitals, is that they are filled to the rim with emotional energy: patients, families, doctors, nurses, paramedics; everyone who has had contact with hospitals knows that there is always a feeling of uncertainty that covers everything. Despite it all, we still have hope for our loved ones, no?
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Thanks Francois; as a matter of fact I have several more stories that I'm planning on posting as soon as I get the oppertunity not only from the hospital but from another facility I worked at for several years. I hope everyone enjoys them. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Your story is very interesting. Working or going into a hospital sometimes gives people bad vibes since people die there both in a good or in a bad way. I believe souls who die of untimely and violent deaths usually become restless spirits. I applaud your bravery for walking alone near a morgue, I am a bit of a chicken.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the yourghoststories.com community. I hope you give us more exciting stories about the paranormal, if you don't mind. God bless you in your work in the hospital. Deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Thanks to all for all your kind welcoming comments. Several of you had suggested it might have been an employee that had passed and it just so happened that a friend of mine (a fellow officer) passed away last year here. Could be it was him trying to visit again. Again thanks all. ๐Ÿ˜Š
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Well maybe the spirit was fallowing you. An orb in a picture can usually be explained. But it is hard to explain ity if you see it by the naked eye. I believe that the orb you saw was a spirit. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Hello Jmak, we are glad to have you on our site. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was interesting. To answer your question "has anyone else seen an orb with the naked eye ", yes I have but only one time and for only a few seconds. I have seen only two that I would consider spirit orbs. The first was a blue orb that I saw in a monitor at work (I told of this in my story Grocery Store Ghost 2) and the second one I saw was with the "naked eye" and was gold in color-I will tell about this one in my next story.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š
Tallon (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Jmak thanks for an interesting story. I hope there will be a lot more to come.
๐Ÿ˜Š
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Hello Jmak and welcome to the site.

I really enjoyed your story as it's always refreshing to hear of a friendly spirit. I think that is exactly what you saw as I also believe it was "walking" you to the car in an attempt to protect you. A little far-fetched one might think but that's the feeling your description gave me.

Anyone will tell you that hospitals are thriving with energy since so many human lives ended there. I also believe that spirits may wander those surroundings driven by the devotion they once felt to the work they were doing or to the people they worked with-yes,I'm referring to deceased employees.

You were indeed fortunate to be allowed to watch such energy from up close as it's not something that happens every day.

I hope you will come back to share more experiences with us, if any.

Tammy ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: