You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Occurances After My Trip Back From India

Real Ghost Stories

Occurances After My Trip Back From India

 

The years after the trip to India were best described, happy, smooth, with only a few occurrences. These were only at night. They were always the same. Only one was different and it was the last one I had which was my last until December 1990.

I would wake up at night and feel someone sitting on my feet, instinct told me it was a woman. The weight was such I could not move my feet at all. I would lie in my bed unable to move, and I am sure everyone will agree, you try to shout for your mum or dad, shout for help but this weird muffled noise comes out instead. I would lie their terrified, desperate to move but could not, eventually would somehow get to sleep and awake in the morning thinking was a dream or was it for real. This happened to me a quite a lot at night.

Whoever it was had no intention of harming me. The last occurrence was the one that freaked me out big time. I remember it was a hot night, and I kicked the blanket of me half way during the night. I never open the windows, I get scared if they are open, and something might come in, ghosts or spirit, spiders.

I was actually woken up, this woman was covering me with the blanket, it was almost like she was tucking me up in bed, and making sure I was snug and warm. She pulled the blanket up to my neck, making sure there were no gaps to let any cold through. I just lay their, again not able to move, speak, the weird thing is I managed to move from lying on my back to lying on my side, in the hope that it was a dream, I was wrong, she sat next to me and gently started patting me to sleep.

I did eventually fall asleep. I started sleeping with my bedroom light on after that incident and I would have the radio on all night to drown out any weird noises, my mum would switch the light off in the morning. She asked me on a number of occasions why I slept with the light on but I never told her. I never encountered anything after that until I got married in 1990. This was the life changing path for me!

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
Next it'll be cooking breakfast for you and ironing your socks...lol:)
sagemizu (30 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Yeah I know about the window thing. I started reading blogs on Thailand and there was a topic about Thai superstitions. One of them said Thai people don't like to keep their windows open at night for fear of being spirited away or being visited by spirits. It says they even close windows upstairs too. So maybe Thailand and you have something in common.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
hey she's back, what happened girlie, did you get bored watching the TV. Must be nice to sit in front of the telly, I personally do not have time, to busy. Enjoy watching your favourites, if I ever find the time to sit in front of the box, I post you on what I watched.
Ciao
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I know you've been waiting. You should watch Montel when he has Slavya Browne on (it's going to be a repeat) it comes on Wavy News 10. Thats all I'm going to say.
GIRLIE 😁
AnahksunaMoon (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Miss Surya, as promised, my experience (the one similar to yours.) has finally been published!:-) Titled:"My Ghostly Midwife".
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Biemaster

Thank you reading my story, I have put the story of what happened in India on here. Slapped By A Someone Or Noone-my Last Visit To India. Have a read this story is a continuation from that one. My parents are from Hosharipur I think that is the right spelling.
xHellzz (7 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Wow that was a very nice spirit.
Thank god it wasent one that was trying to hurt you. Your lucky ^^!God Bless~ 😁
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hey Surya! First of all, let me tell you that I am also Indian! By the way, which part of India are you from? I am from Maharashtra but I don't live in India.

This experience which you had must have been extremely scary for you! Was it in India or somewhere else? I think and agree with Frawin and ChrisB that this ghost was a protective spirit. I suggest you find out the history of the house. The ghost must be a lady or a mother who must have had a child there and must have been following her usual routine of tucking in her child. This is merely my guess! Please keep us updated!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Wow this was a scary experience. If it had happened to me I would be freaked. I believe that Frawin is on the right track. If it was trying to harm you, you would probably know. I think it was a protective spirit as Frawin said. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Consider yourself lucky it was a good hearted spirit. Better to have one that is protective than one that is a pain in the you know what. Some of what you relayed could also be sleep paralysis and the other event could have been lucid dreaming. Lots of could be's I know. To you it seemed very real and who is to say it was not? We are all very opened minded here so you are in good hands.
AnahksunaMoon (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Yes Surya its an old nick I use on YM. It is an improper spelling of Pharaoh Tut's wife Akhen suna Ahtun. I am part Egyptian and I also have a great fondness for anything Egyptian (Ancient Egypt to be specific!)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hello Surya. It seems that you had a protective spirit. Even though it meant no harm, I'm sure it was a frightening experience for you. Since you are sensitive to the paranormal, it may serve you well to try and conquer your fear of it. I know that it's easier said than done but if you can rid yourself of the fear, then the next time may even be enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Rhodes68

I will post the first story starting december 1990 within the next 2 days. ❤ Surya
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Katona1700s
Your welcome, It is no problem. I really look forward to reading your post.
Surya
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Thank you for your kind replie. Most people would say something smart. Ok I'll add you to my favs.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Katano1700s

Hi you sound very frustrated, what would you like to discuss? I will log on
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hey Katona,

I would, but I'm at work on a military computer, and it won't let me through to the servers. If I were back in the barracks, I would be more than willing to share ghost stories with ya. Add me on MySpace if you'd like or shoot me an email. I think I have an address or two posted on my profile. So can everyone else. If you'd like to stay in closer contact, I'd be more than abligded to add you or reply to the email.

Burnz
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Can anyone meet me at the chat room
Please. I would like to talk to someone.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Surya, I wish you the best of luck with whatever is happening to your family. Just have faith!

I think she was there, in India, to protect you from further harm and she will be back if needed.

I'm really curious as to what happened after 1990. I'll be looking forward to reading it as soon as you submit it.

Take good care of yourself ❤
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Good point 😁! The woman possibly could have been a part of that family and may have followed them there. There's many possibilities as to why this kind hearted woman visited you, and yes I'd think if it were an old family member that had passed, then you would have recognized her right off the bat or had that feeling like you said you did. 😉
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
AnahksunaMoon

I look forward to reading your posts. Just a quick question the name is Egyptian is it not. For some reason I have always been drawn to Egypt.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hey would you meet me at the chat room suray. I would like to talk about the experiences about ghosts.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Mr_Brunz

I would look at albums if any were about, however, all correct me if I am wrong, I am no expert, but if it was an ancestor, surely one would know by instinct. The fear would be a lot less no, I did not feel a connection but she clearly was not there to harm me, and these encounters were back home UK when we returned from India. The house belonged to a family from Fiji they sold it and went back to Fiji. Maybe something to do with them? Speculating now.
AnahksunaMoon (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Thanks Surya!
Mine are just awaiting approval! I will write up my similar experience now how-ever! I'm new here but had to wait for almost a week to submit!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi AnahksunaMoon

Thank you for reading my post. You say you can relate to my story, please would love to hear about your experiances.

I totally agee Asian countries have far more paranormal activity going on than in the Western countries.

I and I am sure everyone else would love to hear about your experiances.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Rhodes68,
Took me a while to write this one. I have a sixth sense like everyone else however mine strikes in when something is going to happen, and my kicked of thursday, it was a strong feeling of something bad that was going to happen and again feeling sick to the pit of my stomach, I could not write anything. This feeling settled on sunday when I got some bad news regarding my 16 year old. This sixth sense was something I was told I could learn to use, but I said no.

Back to the story, I first thought it might be sleep paralysis, but dimissed this, I knew it was not and was something more. I never looked into it because it was the last encounter I had as I said until I got married in 1990. I only saw her once more after I got married. The only strange thing I do find is the bad man in India who did hurt me and this woman who came a few times and although I was filled with fear, she did me no harm.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Surya,

Not a problem 😉! I love reading about other's stories especially ones in foriegn countries. I guess because I'm in stationed over here in Japan. Anyhow, I didn't really think it to be sleep paralysis. Just one of the options you know. I'm with rhodes here. Check the albums and see if you notice the woman you seen or check the house's history or the area. 😁 Keep us posted and God Bless.

Burnz
AnahksunaMoon (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hello Surya! I love this story as I can relate to it. I'm an American but I married a Malay and live in Malaysia and I must say from experience that Asian countries have far more paranormal activity going on than in the Western countries. (Probably due to development I am sure, as most Asian countries have more rural areas where the unseen can live peacefully.)

You have me wanting to write up my some what similar experience! Seems some kind hearted soul was looking after your well being! One of my faves! 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi bigpatti87
As stated in my reply to Mr_Brunz, I don't know whether she was a mother, or relative, or maybe there was a connection in the past with this woman, this past connection I will cover later in as I write more of my experiances after I got married.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Mr_Burnz
Thank you for reading my story.
I never thought of her as a mother of relative, but I suppose being so young and naive, I always thought it was a ghost, but now you have mentioned it after the incident in India maybe she was my protector. Who knows? 😕

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: